Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Hello - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hello (2646 Views)

Agnostics a.k. a FREE THINKERS In The House? Say Hello. / Hello Heathens! / Hello Truthman2012, I Have A Message For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hello by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 27, 2016
An2elect2:
What do you expect from a blind man grin
I actually expect only wrong answers. grin I guess when you suddenly and strangely find yourself in the parlour when you crashed on your bed after the day's job it is sleep paralysis.

When you get tapped on the back, you turn back and you see no one. It is sleep paralysis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:

www.google.com
Looooooool it doesnt even cover

According to google
Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person either during falling asleep (hypnagogia) or awakening (hypnopompia), temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak, or react.

It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body).

One hypothesis is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which normally induces complete muscle atonia to prevent sleepers from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.
Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:37am On Feb 27, 2016
Speechless3:

According to google
Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person either during falling asleep (hypnagogia) or awakening (hypnopompia), temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak, or react.

It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body).

One hypothesis is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which normally induces complete muscle atonia to prevent sleepers from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.
this answers your question perfectly
Re: Hello by An2elect2(f): 8:38am On Feb 27, 2016
Speechless3:
I actually expect only wrong answers. grin I guess when you suddenly and strangely find yourself in the parlour when you crashed on your bed after the day's job it is sleep paralysis.

When you get tapped on the back, you turn back and you see no one. It is sleep paralysis.
Lol grin. To add to that, when your bible gets blown away right in front of you and you didnt just wake up from sleep and not even feeling sleepy and you are perfectly healthy,it is sleep paralysis. LmaOgringrin

Atheists are begging us not to use our brains

1 Like

Re: Hello by Newnas(m): 8:43am On Feb 27, 2016
Allah informed us in the Quran that He created the heavens and earth. and created therein the human, jinn, and angels.

The humans and jinns have freewill to choose between good and evil, belief and disbelief but angels can't disobey.

Therefore it would be a great injustice for me not to mention that just as there are righteous humans, there are also righteous jinns as mentioned in the Quran. However, this is not a proof for those criminal alufa that worship the jinns by slaughtering for them, invoking them etc.

That is why we would that all these claims of UFO are the handiwork of the jinns playing with the mind of the people.

True they might have seen this creatures in reality but it is the demons that are playing with their intellects by changing forms and shape. The same explanation goes for these bush baby and claims of seeing the dead.
Re: Hello by CoolUsername: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:
Don't bother brother she needs a spirity explanation

Oh... I'll step aside, then.
Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

Oh... I'll step aside, then.
I'll do so too.. we have done our bit they can discard it and swim in their delusions and fantasies grin ... we call that freedom of belief.

Am off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello by jcross19: 9:05am On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:
People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed... This mindset is a shame to human intellect
you call that illusion? You are novice but you think you are wise. A try will convince you. Trust me sir , go and try. come, back and do testimony.
Re: Hello by David0(m): 9:11am On Feb 27, 2016
Sleep paralysis my foot.
This is how people die in their sleep and nobody could explain what happened except the dead who is already dead.
Scientist call it sleep paralysis, but what I experienced was not sleep paralysis.

This happened to me back in school. I had just visited my mum who was in the village mourning my dad to give her money for her upkeep.

My uncle started asking me personal questions acting all nice to me. Requested for my school address, I told him and then he said he always pass that route that he ll stop by whenever he's going thru d route.
I said no problem.

I left that same day back to school.
That night I prayed, kept my Bible just above my head close to my pillow b4 I slept.

Then next thing I cud remember was a man dragging my right hand and pulling me away from my body.

I was struggling with him but he seem very powerful and me, weak.
I look beside me, my friends were sleeping, I kudnt see d face of dis man, he was all dark, he wore a dark robe, d room itself was dark, but d moon light reflection frm d window was wat I was using. All dis happened very fast.

While he was pulling my right hand, I remembered my Bible, so I stretched my left hand, got hold of my Bible, then hit d man with d Bible, and immediately he left me, I returned back and woke up.

No matter what any scientist tell me today about that, I know what I experienced, and I know there's God and there's Satan.

Ur free to believe what u wish.
Re: Hello by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 27, 2016
An2elect2:
Lol grin. To add to that, when your bible gets blown away right in front of you and you didnt just wake up from sleep and not even feeling sleepy and you are perfectly healthy,it is sleep paralysis. LmaOgringrin

Atheists are begging us not to use our brains
gringringrin That last line aint goin work.
Re: Hello by An2elect2(f): 9:40am On Feb 27, 2016
Speechless3:
gringringrin That last line aint goin work.
Nah smileysmiley
Re: Hello by An2elect2(f): 9:42am On Feb 27, 2016
David0:
Sleep paralysis my foot.
This is how people die in their sleep and nobody could explain what happened except the dead who is already dead.
Scientist call it sleep paralysis, but what I experienced was not sleep paralysis.

This happened to me back in school. I had just visited my mum who was in the village mourning my dad to give her money for her upkeep.

My uncle started asking me personal questions acting all nice to me. Requested for my school address, I told him and then he said he always pass that route that he ll stop by whenever he's going thru d route.
I said no problem.

That night I prayed, kept my Bible just above my head close to my pillow b4 I slept.

Then next thing I cud remember was a man dragging my right hand and pulling me away from my body.

I look beside me, my friends were sleeping, I kudnt see d face of dis man, he was all dark, he wore a dark robe, d room itself was dark, but d moon light reflection frm d window was wat I was using. All dis happened very fast.

While he was pulling my right hand, I remembered my Bible, so I stretched my left hand, got hold of my Bible, then hit d man with d Bible, and immediately he left me, I returned back and woke up.

No matter what any scientist tell me today about that, I know what I experienced, and I know there's God and there's Satan.

shocked shocked Personal experience is the best teacher not scientific study.
Re: Hello by David0(m): 9:45am On Feb 27, 2016
An2elect2:
Personal experience is the best teacher not scientific study.

That's d plain truth Bro...experience is what it takes for ones eyes to be open.
Re: Hello by BETATRON(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2016
David0:
Sleep paralysis my foot.

I said no problem.

yes..some-one also narrated a similar experience to me,,someone much older and educated than me,, and he went ahead to call it a spirity thing and happens when you are spiritually paralyzed or rotten,,in this sense the negative powers will have dominion over you,,and some people die from this experience

And he finally said he was only able to escape the struggle after reciting some verses of the koran..and you've just gave a similar experience that you hit the being with your bible

To cap it up..maybe you need to empower yourself spiritually
Re: Hello by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
johnydon22:
This is called Sleep Paralysis ... it happens almost often to many..

seriously whats wrong with we Africans..

sleep paralysis wont stop you from breathing....
Re: Hello by geesampower(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
CoolUsername:

Most likely sleep paralysis.
Slp paralysis definitely.
I used to experience it a lot before. Usually if I don't sleep well enough. Nothing spiritual about it even though you may feel as if you are about to die, it's not a spiritual attack.
Re: Hello by geesampower(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
An2elect2:
The reason you explain everything you dont understand away is because of fear. Be man enough to agree that there are realities you cannot grasp.

Quit telling yourselves lies.
You are now a mind reader to know him so well?
What realities? So your sleep paralysis is now evidence of another realm.
I experience sleep paralysis, I don't panic, I stay calm and allow my brain to be fully awake and regain control of my body. Funny thing is it does not happen to me any more, I NEVER prayed about it, cos I already knew what I was experiencing based on research. My pastor claims it's demonic attack, I always smile when he calls people under such attack to come out for deliverance. Here I am now, 5 yrs since the last "attack" and I never prayed about it
Re: Hello by geesampower(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
TheFakeMuyis:

sleep paralysis wont stop you from breathing....
It does. You find it difficult to control your body including breathing in many cases. You may even have problem opening your eyes or mouth. You are awake and fully conscious of your environment and body but can't do anything. This cld lead to anxiety and feeling of being pressed down, you begin to think you won't ever survive it
Re: Hello by geesampower(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
David0:
Sleep paralysis my foot.

I said no problem.

You are even lucky you could open your eyes and move your hands. Sleep paralysis could be worse than what you described above. It is so close to death, you are totally helpless.
Re: Hello by Raphael81(m): 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
An2elect2:
Something similar has happened to me too. Almost died on my bed 4yrs ago, was partially awake when i got attacked by a force. It tried to draw my breath away, i struggled hard but no way. I was a gonner until i heard an unfamiliar, very gentle and low voice but yet audible enough. It called my name twice...the second time it called, i regained my freedom. I woke up fully panting for air..

When this happened, it was so real but sooner than i expected doubt cropped in and i was glad to dismiss it as mere hallucination. Itwas easier that way i thought.

Four months later i got born again. From that period till today, i experience several spiritual attacks with my eyes wide open.

too much of warri ogogoro
Re: Hello by geesampower(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
Speechless3:

Those are not proves of spiritual anything. Sleep walking is perfectly normal, tho it can be embarrassing. So you can slp at a place and find your self some where else and not know how. No big deal. Even if it is a big deal, it is not because some demons are involved. I am sure asthma most have been considered a spiritual attack in the past, cos the feeling can be very hopeless. Imagine choking and no one is holding your throat. You will definitely feel some demons were the cause. But if demons cause asthma attack, then the inhaler must be a spiritual device.
Thinking like yours can only drag humanity back to the stone age where we explain everything mysterious as spiritual.
Re: Hello by geesampower(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
Speechless3:

According to google

I don't have to say anything more. This is what many call attack in their sleep. Dark age thinkers. As I said before, asthma is also very much like a spiritual attack but I am glad it has treatments that are absolutely scientific. People like you have nothing meaningful to contribute to humanity than spread superstitions instead of helping find scientific solutions that can be trusted. I am yoruba and chicken pox used to be considered a punishment from the demon-god shopona, but is it true? Why are there vaccines for chicken pox now? Does it mean humans can be vaccinated against attacks from demons using drugs made by scientists?
That you don't understand something does not mean you should mock people who try to understand them. When we scientifically understand things we experience we can always provide solutions that work to them. Just like solutions to asthma and chicken pox that seem mysterious have been understood and attended to
Re: Hello by David0(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
geesampower:

You are even lucky you could open your eyes and move your hands. Sleep paralysis could be worse than what you described above. It is so close to death, you are totally helpless.

U see, my point here is dat thrs nothing like sleep paralysis.
That's d name d scientist called it.
But u see, d so called sleep paralysis is a glimpse of what happens when one dies.
Ur Spirit livs ur body. Whatever happens after then I can't tell.

But note that, during such time, ur spiritual eyes is open, u can see everywhere, but physically ur sleeping.

I once had dis experience in school. I was sleeping n I suddenly opened my eyes. Tried moving or talking but kudnt.

I was staring at d room but kudnt move. Usually when I experience dis, I observed it's a time when I'm afraid.

My friend woke up, flashed his phone light on my face n went back to sleep, I was staring at him but he saw me sleeping.

The next morning when I told him about it, he said he tot I was making love in the dream, so he flashed d phone to see if I was sleeping, when he checked saw I was sleeping, he then went back to sleep.

So I told him I actually saw him flash d fone, n every other things he did, he was just surprised.

I know for sure no matter how much scientists try to describe or provide info to this issue, I see them as trying to calm d fears of people, to make people see it as normal human experience. But truth is, there's something big, dats beyond dis physical world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply Here: Koinonia School Of Ministry (KSOM) 2023 Application Form / Christians: Your Opinion On Restitution / Was Christ Jesus Rich As Stated By Dr. Fireman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.