Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! (12394 Views)

Dino Malaye Writes About Obama In A Church / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by savanaha: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
MandingoII:

You can show your bony rib cage all you want.

I'd rather eat steak and lobster-tails than pounded yams without spice any day.

enjoy! cool

Fugg what you talking about

sips pierre' water with baby pinky erect

Ignorance is a wonderful thing to lose, though it is a blissful state to be in. Nigerians and other Africans who supposedly do not have spices in their food still exist generation after generation.
Plus American food is nothing to be proud of. The dried turkeyw, mashed potatoes and the supposed lobster that is only seasoned with salt and butter.
Pounded yam any day any time is healthier and much better. Whatever sha!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2009
Ignorance is a wonderful thing to lose, though it is a blissful state to be in. Nigerians and other Africans who supposedly do not have spices in their food still exist generation after generation.
Plus American food is nothing to be proud of. The dried turkeyw, mashed potatoes and the supposed lobster that is only seasoned with salt and butter.
Pounded yam any day any time is healthier and much better. Whatever sha!

Really?

According to the U.S. CIA fact bookhttps://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/NI.html

Nigeria's life expectancy is 46 Years!!
!!

total population: 46.94 years
country comparison to the world: 212
male: 46.16 years
female: 47.76 years (2009 est.)

Unites STATES:

total population: 78.11 years
country comparison to the world: 50
male: 75.65 years
female: 80.69 years (2009 est.)

STFU savannah!!!!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by emmabass: 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2009
Am Emmanuel and i had that last week the prisident of the united united states Barack Obama visited the Ghanaian president and i will like to congratulate the Ghanaian president for reciveing President Barack Obama .Because is the only africa amarica president he contested the united states presidential election with John mc ccain and he defeated him and he was sworn in on january 2008 at capital hill while running mate take the oath of vice president of the united states at capital hill later that day they now procede to white the offical resident of the united states president.

From

EMMANUEL NDAEYO BASSEY
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by beefblaze(m): 9:57pm On Jul 13, 2009
Nigeria does in no way warrant such duty call coz it's only gonna buoy up our so called leaders to soldier on with the "good work" they feel they are doing.
Take for instance our electricity sector well renowned for its poor and debauched services going on strike for the reason i care less about,
This corporate entity as someone put it needs timely interpolation.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by erico2k2(m): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2009
make Una sharap, I say sharaap, the only reason OBAMA decided to visit Ghana was cos he wanted to visit the Historic Slave Port, simple as that,nothing more nothing less, he made no comments about Nigeria or any other African country,its the SLAVE PORT for crying out loud, and for those of you saying ghana is better than Nigeria,shame on you guys, I bet you aint even been to ghana once,or mayB you just went to Accra and thought the whole of ghana was like that abi?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by londoner: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2009
Obama in fact did mention other African countries such as S.A, Kenya and Zimbabwe.

I do feel he is contradicting himself in that he visited places which are no more democratic than Nigeria, infact places which have even less regard for human rights (if possible).

He did not make any speech to them to the same effect as he did to the "lowly" African.

He would not dare, thats the truth.

Obama is very selective with his stance, I am seeing another side to him. His idealism is commendable but it can make him lose touch with reality of not careful.

Even without Obama sanctioning the strides of Ghana, the rest of Africa has already agknowledged it, Nigeria included.
Its just that it means more to some people that Obama is also saying it.

there can be no doubt that we need to follow the example of Ghana in the sense of government of the people for the people. There is no denying that.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by fayahsoul: 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2009
savanaha:

Thanks Fayahsoul. I was wondering what would be the answer to the question you posed for me.

My empress, the lessons of life tell us that there are usually more than one solution/answer to any given problem and the case of nigeria is no different.

I have emphasized, and will continue to emphasize, the importance of an alternative political organization to what  we have now. Economics is an expression of politics; therefore, if the political climate is in disarray then the economy will reflect such.

We need a political structure that effectively checks the various ways and means through which ethnocentrism, inter-group conflict of interests, strong centralization and population size, all breed corruption and upheaval.

A confederation of ethnicities is a possible political organization that would suffice.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
the only reason OBAMA decided to visit Ghana was cos he wanted to visit the Historic Slave Port, simple as that,nothing more nothing less, he made no comments about Nigeria or any other African country,its the SLAVE PORT for crying out loud, and for those of you saying ghana is better than Nigeria,shame on you guys, I bet you aint even been to ghana once,or mayB you just went to Accra and thought the whole of ghana was like that abi?

That's because Nigeria was TOO ASHAMED to preserve their history.

Shame is Nigeria's middle name.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by londoner: 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2009
mandingo, if any history in Nigeria should be preserved its of the Nigerian people.

Its just your AA arrogance that believes all "important" history starts and ends with you.

We should preserve history, I would love first to see that of Hausa, Yoruba Igbo, Ijaw, etc before the history of slavery.

Our history and yours predates slavery.

If you want to see slave ports there is one in badagary and another in Calabar. Its as if you require information to come and tap you on the shoulder before you know its there.

How about you begin research on things before you make assumptions about what does and doesn't exist in Nigeria?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by savanaha: 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2009
fayahsoul:

My empress, the lessons of life tell us that there are usually more than one solution/answer to any given problem and the case of nigeria is no different.

I have emphasized, and will continue to emphasize, the importance of an alternative political organization to what  we have now. Economics is an expression of politics; therefore, if the political climate is in disarray then the economy will reflect such.

We need a political structure that effectively checks the various ways and means through which ethnocentrism, inter-group conflict of interests, strong centralization and population size, all breed corruption and upheaval.

A confederation of ethnicities is a possible political organization that would suffice.

I don't think even those suffering are organized enough to realize any of the above and thats just the way the current go-no-where governemt wants it.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by savanaha: 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2009
londoner:

mandingo, if any history in Nigeria should be preserved its of the Nigerian people.

Its just your AA arrogance that believes all "important" history starts and ends with you.

We should preserve history, I would love first to see that of Hausa, Yoruba Igbo, Ijaw, etc before the history of slavery.

Our history and yours predates slavery.

If you want to see slave ports there is one in badagary and another in Calabar. Its as if you require information to come and tap you on the shoulder before you know its there.

How about you begin research on things before you make assumptions about what does and doesn't exist in Nigeria?
Don't waste your time. Your talking to someone who perfers slavery to being in Africa.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by londoner: 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2009
@sAVANHA, you are right. Its a hangover from the past.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by samesame(m): 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2009
ASUU is on strike,MEND is terrorizing the whole government,impeachment looms in almost evry corner of the country,political instability,epileptic electrical supply,insecurity,, just to mention a few. tell me wat OBAMA wuld come to nigeria to u,incase u dont know,almost evrything that happens here get to them over there.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by fayahsoul: 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2009
savanaha:

I don't think even those suffering are organized enough to realize any of the above and thats just the way the current go-no-where governemt wants it.

That's right. Mobilizing the people is where the bulk of revolutionary work lies.

Are u willing to go back to nigeria to participate pro-actively in whateva it is that u deem right and just?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by dinggle: 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2009
Obama not vsiting 9ja was an indictment on the leaders. They can fool themselves but cant fool the world. Obama sumed it up when he spoke of corruption and police brutality. And the skiming of 20% of every contract, i m sure our leaders must have been cold watch, Yeah he was refering to them. Shameless leaders!!!!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by dinggle: 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2009
Ghana did not only deserve it they earned it. Only the ignorant would think less. Even Kenya was not worth the visit because of corruption and electorial controversies. Ghana is hence the new beacon of hope in Africa. Go on ghana lead the way. Hopefully my country would be humble enough to learn a thing or two from you. But pls ghana do small small to be racial to Nigerians. Allow them the environment to perform their legitimate business in your country.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by omoovie(f): 12:49am On Jul 14, 2009
In reply to the OP, if your idea of the validity of ourselves/our status as a country stems from whether or not a Western president visits our shores or not, you really need to reorient your idea of our nationhood. That thought process is a clear display of what is wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians and by extension Africans. Colonial mentality or "Kolomentality". We are constantly relying on the West to validate us, fix our problems, give us our pride as a nation, save us from ourselves, blah blah blah. So long as we continue to let them dictate the pace so blindly forgetting that WE used to lead/teach these buffoons, we will forever be plagued with backwardness and will forever remain behind!

We are like a parent who has forgotten that they taught their child how to walk; an adult that has even forgotten how to walk and now relies on their child to get up from bed and use the toilet each morning.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 2:52am On Jul 14, 2009
lordy lordy.

All this rigmarole simply because Obama visited Kenya abi na Ghana.

Bill Clinton, a white man, visited Haiti, one of the poorest countries in North America, twice this year.

Hopefully he wasnt bitten by mosquitos and poverty there?

LIkewise when he was president he went to Abuja and visited one of the underpriviledged schools in the area. Its a mercy he wasnt kidnapped by negro bandits at the time.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shesi(m): 3:44am On Jul 14, 2009
OK, me i'm a ghanaian so i will not delve into the why Obama did not visit Nigeria. Lest i be accused of Xenophobia

But let me correct a few misconceptions i am seeing here;

Our welcoming Obama has nothing to do with any inferiority complex left over from colonial times as it is being implied here by some. That is absolutely bullocks. Obama is not just an American President. If you are a colored person, he is more to you than just another american president. Even to whites he represents something more. We were delighted to welcome him to Ghana because his personal story inspires pride in every black person. It was not that we were receiving the american president, it was that we were receiving the first black american president.

When Bush visited Ghana last year, and when Clinton visited in 1998, there was no excessive fanfare. Just a curteous enthusiatic welcome. We Ghanaians pride ourselves in our hospitality.

Everybody loves it when Obama visits them. And to call us colomental because of our response to his visit is just rubbish. What about Turkey? When Obama visited Turkey earlier this year, the whole country came to a standstill. THis is Turkey, an islamic country described as racist by almost every black person that has been there. Ask anybody you know who's been to turkey. Yet they were trampling over themselves to catch a glimpse of Obama. They were extremely proud that he chose them for his first visit to the muslim world. Was that colomental too?

Obama is not just a US president. He represents a lot more than just the US presidency, and everyone, EVERYONE is happy to receive a visit from him.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by sexylisa(f): 3:48am On Jul 14, 2009
Why cant some people get over stuff Does it really matter whether he goes to nigeria or not. im Ghanaian and i wouldnt have been bothered if he chose Nigeria over Ghana. it doesnt feed me. we need to worry more about how to better the world that we live in and stop woorying about tribal differences. Its a global world that we live in. we need peace in this world and we also need economic stability in the world.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 3:56am On Jul 14, 2009
Obama did not visit Nigeria because his bosses dont want him to do so at this particular point in time.

That's all there is to it.

anyone hyperventilating over where Obama does or doesnt go, needs to get a life.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 4:14am On Jul 14, 2009

There is NO tourist attaction in Calabar.

Who wants to go to a filthy seaside area teaming with dead fish and decay?

Get REAL.

At least Ghana cleaned up their area and turned it into a tourist attraction and courted the African American community to come invest.

Nigeria got nothing worth touring.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shesi(m): 4:21am On Jul 14, 2009
more pictures.

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/437/43758276.optim.jpg[/img]
Obama and his daughters at the Cape Coast Castle
[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/946/94665853.optim.jpg[/img]
Obama and family on arrival

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/830/83005680.optim.jpg[/img]
Obama arriving at the Christianborg Castle in Accra (seat of Ghana presidency) for bilateral talks.

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/717/71772335.optim.jpg[/img]
Obama addressing a crowd just before his departure at the Kotoka Airport.

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/619/61968395.optim.jpg[/img]

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/535/53568285.optim.jpg[/img]
Obama and family at Cape Coast Castle

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/409/40969776.optim.jpg[/img]
Michelle and Malia looking somber after seeing where the whiteman kept their ancestors in bondage.

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/512/51258094.optim.jpg[/img]
some of your brothers at the airport prior to Obama's arrival.

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/237/23713609.optim.jpg[/img]
The Americans don't leave the security of their president to chance. or to anybody. that local champion ghana soldier can only look on. lol.

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/934/93474265.optim.jpg[/img]
Obama, Mills, Kufuor, and Rawlings. Our living ex-presidents. big enemies btw those two.

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/640/64093442.optim.jpg[/img]
notice the degree of seperation between those two ex-presidents? lol, aah, feel the love. lol

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/904/90421294.optim.jpg[/img]
some school kid who supposedly looks like Obama. personally i dont see much of a resemblance. just cus you have big ears dont make you no obama. lol

[img]http://74.54.19.227/news/658/65885339.optim.jpg[/img]
Obama and Mills in talks.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 14, 2009
My dad visited that slave castle years ago, but of course being no Obama, it wasnt in the news.

The Americans don't leave the security of their president to chance. or to anybody.

as long as he aint in Somalia! lipsrsealed undecided This one is their black brother however, so maybe they wont be "hating" on him. undecided
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shesi(m): 4:31am On Jul 14, 2009
@tpia
ya, apparently obama's mother in law couldn't keep away the tears when she went into the dungeons. lol. i've never been but i hear it can be overwhelming
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by fayahsoul: 4:34am On Jul 14, 2009
Obama is not a black afurakan. In fact he is white/pink because his mom whom begat him and raised him is white/pink. Race is traced through the maternal side, the mitochondria DNA is passed only through females. Obama is just a cracker with a deep tan. lol.

The dude is freaking related to d**k cheiney, the bushes and the british monarch. Obama is literally the  black sheep of the family. Besides any melinated person whom is loved so dearly by euroasians(and even the kkk in obama's case) is gat to be an agent or a stooge.

Bleep obama and that his ugly self-hating twich of a wife
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 4:41am On Jul 14, 2009
Bleep obama and that his ugly self-hating twich of a wife .

Yo slut MOMMA and that Whitetrash daddy of yours.

after all your whitetrash raped your momma in the back woods
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 14, 2009
Mandigo, can you just stfu for once. adondi oshi

@shesi
nice pix jare wink
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by fayahsoul: 4:48am On Jul 14, 2009
MandingoII:

Yo slut MOMMA and that Whitetrash daddy of yours.

after all your whitetrash raped your momma in the back woods

hahaha. . .this akata people sef.

Silence is the best response to a fool
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Liyola(m): 4:54am On Jul 14, 2009
I agree wit u sexylisa, it doesnt mean anytin 2me even if he choose benin rep. ahead of nigeria. No big deal abt it, guyz take over it. 2me obama is a great man but not to the xtend of getting worried abt not cuming to ma fatherland. Talking of corruptions, we gat corruption every well even in the state dere is a lot of corruption there, sum countries in south america are badly corrupted than us. Obama had a tour around the world and didn't visit nigeria, there's nothing wrong with that. 9JAGHANA, Happy viewing guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Yahaya Bello's Election / EFCC Detains Sylvester Ezeani, INEC Commissioner Over N223bn Diezani Bribe / President Buhari Commissions National Shared Services Centre, Flags Off 6M (PIX)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.