Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! (12385 Views)

Dino Malaye Writes About Obama In A Church / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by queenTG(f): 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2009
jealousy go kill u guys. he choose Ghana today,he will choose it next time tongue
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by fayahsoul: 12:48am On Jul 16, 2009
A shout out to all my real ghanian brothas and sistas.

I am biafran and we got to build together. through cooperation we stand, divided we fall.

remember. . .self-determination is the revolution and it's here.

One luv
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by na2day2(m): 1:53am On Jul 16, 2009
bode228:

Bush was in Ghana in the last days of his administration, and now Obama, Two American pressys in less than two yrs?!
US is never that diplomatically magnanimous, Dont you think there should be more to it ?
, Ghana just discover OIL in commercial quantity and about to commence exploration, Our own oil is already a done deal for them is it not business-wise for American pressy to visit Ghana every month?!

now that is the lamest post i have read so far. oil has always been in ghana and some other countries in africa but none of them is even close to looking like nigeria's plz get ur facts right and quit speculation. nigerians! ! !
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by sley4life(m): 2:16am On Jul 16, 2009
It shows how corrupt 9ja is
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Dfash(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
did i need to remind you that militant are having their field day(s) in nigeria abi you want make them kidnap the pride of the blacks, if u ar not aware these guys visited lagos some fourtyeight hours ago. you trave[img][/img] shocked[quote][/quote]l? lipsrsealed
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Dfash(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
did i need to remind you that militant are having their field day(s) in nigeria abi you want make them kidnap the pride of the blacks, if u ar not aware these guys visited lagos some fourtyeight hours ago. you trave[img][/img] shocked[quote][/quote]l? lipsrsealed
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by omoovie(f): 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2009
OK, me i'm a ghanaian so i will not delve into the why Obama did not visit Nigeria. Lest i be accused of Xenophobia

But let me correct a few misconceptions i am seeing here;

Our welcoming Obama has nothing to do with any inferiority complex left over from colonial times as it is being implied here by some. That is absolutely bullocks. Obama is not just an American President. If you are a colored person, he is more to you than just another american president. Even to whites he represents something more. We were delighted to welcome him to Ghana because his personal story inspires pride in every black person. It was not that we were receiving the american president, it was that we were receiving the first black american president.

When Bush visited Ghana last year, and when Clinton visited in 1998, there was no excessive fanfare. Just a curteous enthusiatic welcome. We Ghanaians pride ourselves in our hospitality.

Everybody loves it when Obama visits them. And to call us colomental because of our response to his visit is just rubbish. What about Turkey? When Obama visited Turkey earlier this year, the whole country came to a standstill. THis is Turkey, an islamic country described as racist by almost every black person that has been there. Ask anybody you know who's been to turkey. Yet they were trampling over themselves to catch a glimpse of Obama. They were extremely proud that he chose them for his first visit to the muslim world. Was that colomental too?

Obama is not just a US president. He represents a lot more than just the US presidency, and everyone, EVERYONE is happy to receive a visit from him.

Shesi, I wasn't talking to you or addressing Ghana although your bristling certainly suggests that maybe I might have touched a sore spot there. I preceded my response by "In response to OP" OP = Original Poster. I was referring to Naija not you so all that long essay was unnecessary.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by onijogbon(m): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2009
blah! blah!! blah!!! wen! wen!! wen!!!

who gives rat's yansh weda Obama come naija or ghana!

it doesn't make 1 frigging difference whichever part of africa a US presido visits because at the end of the day, na the one wey go serve yanky's interest na hin go matter pass.  

just like someone already stated, the visit is part of the ceremonial political process.  no reason for people (including our politicians) to whine about it.

besides, Obama did this to boost his personal and job approval ratings which is slowly going down the tank at the moment.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by chibaby5(f): 7:52pm On Jul 17, 2009
@topic

LMAO Obama no deh fear fear cheesy cheesy
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by obatoro: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2009
If he likes let him not come to Nigeria.
After all Jimmy carter was in Nigeria, Bill Clinton was in Nigeria. What was the outcome of their visits and how does that affect the life of the common man on the streets. Nigeria is corrupt so America is not . Somebody just got jailed for the biggest fraud of all time, I dont think he's a Nigerian.
Let's go and sit down and talk about constructive things.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by sley4life(m): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2009
obama is right
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by omonaij(m): 1:30am On Jul 18, 2009
LOL! militants ke?

I think that we might just be overlooking the fact that he did actually visit the slave route in Ghana! maybe he always wanted to see it? You never know?
Well the visit don finish, he don go back. Are you forgetting he went to ghana with his whole family thats hectic!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nelami(m): 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2009
My people we need not worry whether Obama visitted Ghana before Almighty Nigeria if i must tell you it for a reason and this is because of they (Ghana) just discovered Oil in their country and trust Americans for what they are they want what they will benefit from if not the guy will not go to that country. Peace people.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by mayfrances(f): 2:52am On Jul 19, 2009
BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! so what, he chose to go to Ghana, Why do SOME Nigerians feel that they are the IT people of Africa? please. Ghana has a better feel, speaking as an African American that has been to Nigeria and Ghana. It is a better atmosphere.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by manny4life(m): 3:47am On Jul 19, 2009
As my president, I support Obama 110% for visiting Ghana. He had his views and I think Ghana is more stable than Nigeria. Yes, Nigerians feel its a blow to their face most especially the president and his cabinet, but there is nothing that can be done about it other than face reality by and sit up.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by na2day2(m): 5:38am On Jul 19, 2009
mayfrances:

BOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! so what, he chose to go to Ghana, Why do SOME Nigerians feel that they are the IT people of Africa? please. Ghana has a better feel, speaking as an African American that has been to Nigeria and Ghana. It is a better atmosphere.

where u @ in dallas?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by manny4life(m): 5:45am On Jul 19, 2009
na2day?:

where u @ in dallas?

Is it important?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by na2day2(m): 5:46am On Jul 19, 2009
manny4life:

Is it important?

last time i checked i was talking to u
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by manny4life(m): 5:48am On Jul 19, 2009
na2day?:

last time i checked i was talking to u

Was or wasn't, which is it?

Hey my bad, relax it's not that serious.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by na2day2(m): 5:55am On Jul 19, 2009
manny4life:

Was or wasn't, which is it?

Hey my bad, relax it's not that serious.

wasn't
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by manny4life(m): 5:57am On Jul 19, 2009
Like I said men, relax it ain't all that serious.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 19, 2009
una still dey here dey stalk Obama?

joblessness!!!!!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by rafcrown(m): 7:34pm On Jul 19, 2009
Another factor is that Ghana has discovered oil depots ,yet untapped
Niger Delta is full of militants,and oil is not regularly supplied
USA is one of the major importers of our troubled oil
USA must definetely benefit for the new oil discoveries in Ghana
USA is concerned greatly with economic issues now.
Though Ghana is well managed ,serious leaders
There must be some
"reasons best known to USA"
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by XFio(m): 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2009
Listen guys there's enough Obama to go around and plus WHO CARES
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by vicvicc: 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
I Want To Share Site And Stuff With People , Shopadmin, I Got It From Hacker , fr3shcard3r . http://fr3shcard3r..com Www.psychiatrist.com/admin
Pass--- 'or''=' ? try to share me your own
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shawdon(m): 3:37am On Jul 23, 2009
I just dey tire of this Nigerians people,una no even dey pround of na self, No country in this world wey no dey corrupt.

Corruption na global epiderm wey dey ache every nation.

I read from the skynews and even watch 4 News Foxnews.Obama wife, Na offspring from Ghana.

I bet you that is wife urges am to visit Ghana,because her great grand parent her slave from Ghana.

Why e no visit South wey get sucessful election recently?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shawdon(m): 3:43am On Jul 23, 2009
My guy,i like wetin u talked, heheh America no fit dey visit any countru wey dey no fit gain from and one of the country why Obama visit na bcoz of thier resource.

Naija Militant full here and we go kidnap Obama that no implies for Ghana.

Make una wake up.We are still d best.

FlY NAIJA FLAG
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by daragrams(m): 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2009
good for ghana
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Liedetect: 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2009
Shadon

Mitchell Obama did not make claims her ancestors were from Ghana, the article read that Michelle ancestors were taken as slave from the continent, not particular Ghana.

Ghanaians are using this for tourism purposes as one of their ministers mentioned he hope that Obama’s visit bring in tourist to the country, it is a tactic used by that countries tourism conscious industry. I mean there is nothing wrong with that. However in reality Ghana ranks low on the African continent in relation to where people were taken as slaves. The Dutch mined for gold in Ghana and were careful not to depopulate the area and for there to be stability. Ghana was known as the gold coast not the Slave Coast.

On another note, if truth be told, most black Americans favour Ghana over other Africans who are less subservient because Ghanaians can more easily be patronised. Black Americans like their white counterpart are like this with Africans they can patronise. Notice how they also do not like the Somalis. Somali’s and to a lesser extent Ethiopians feels they are better than Black Americans. Likewise black Americans take Nigerians cultural behaviours to mean Nigerians look down on Black Americans.

Nigerians are open and will tell you what they think. The Ghanaians won’t do that. In short, Nigerians are opinionated to your face while Ghanaians are opinionated to your back.

Essentially the majority of African American informed by their presence in the white world cannot accept Africans on African terms. White people like blacks that are subservient to them to be role model for other black people, another legacy of slavery, so I suppose they would like Ghana to be a role model for the rest of Africa.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by MandingoII(m): 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
man, you nigerians are STILL hurting over Obama's choosing Ghana?

damn, you people are some sensitive mofos
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Litmus: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2009
Like I intimated before, most Nigerians are primarily arguing against those Nigerians who want to project their anti Nigerian agenda on Obama visit to Ghana. No one, not even the anti Nigerians really cares where Obama chooses to go. Nigerians are merely using the visit to trash out political difference of opinion. Anyone who believes this is about Ghana is juvenile. Nigerians don’t go in for pats on the head. We’re not children jumping in the airport, waiting for daddy Obama to come praise us and hand us sweets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

National Honours Awardees Stranded In Abuja / Nine Dead, 10 Injured In Borno B’haram Attack / I Never Asked Buhari Not To Contest In 2019 – obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.