Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Upgrading From Window 8.1 To Window 10, Is It Safe? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Upgrading From Window 8.1 To Window 10, Is It Safe? (875 Views)

How Can I Upgrade My Pc From Window Vista To 8? / Pls Help Me My Widows 10 Is Writing Critical Error Sign Out Now / Why Can't I Side Load Window 8.1 With Ubuntu 15.10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upgrading From Window 8.1 To Window 10, Is It Safe? by mazeltov(m): 11:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
I WAS operating my new laptop which came with window 8.1 pro and suddenly i got this notification that i should upgrade to window 10 but i want to take a professional advise from the computer gurus in the building whether it is safe to go on or i should ignore it. please, advise me on what to do

Re: Upgrading From Window 8.1 To Window 10, Is It Safe? by dajoaneke(m): 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
Search the internet for windows10 drivers and download before you upgrade. So as to tackle any drivers that may be incompactable with the upgrade
Re: Upgrading From Window 8.1 To Window 10, Is It Safe? by Lexusgs430: 4:43am On Feb 26, 2016
mazeltov:
I WAS operating my new laptop which came with window 8.1 pro and suddenly i got this notification that i should upgrade to window 10 but i want to take a professional advise from the computer gurus in the building whether it is safe to go on or i should ignore it. please, advise me on what to do

Upgrade. Windows 10 has a better UI. Their seems to be a bug presently that sucks through battery polarity and Windows EDGE, does not log unto nairaland directly. But using chrome or other browsers, works fine.
This are the only 2 drawbacks I have seen presently, hopefully a patch from Intel and Microsoft, would cure this soonest.
Re: Upgrading From Window 8.1 To Window 10, Is It Safe? by bolt000(m): 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
yea it is very safe and i strongly advise the update the update sums up to about 3.2GB..
only drawback is that it tracks/monitors its user alot but there are some apps that stop its tracking/monitoring features
Re: Upgrading From Window 8.1 To Window 10, Is It Safe? by dhsfbi(m): 12:43am On Feb 28, 2016
Upgrade to Windows 10 my brother. But make sure u upgrade to the latest build, it has almost all the issues people are talking about fixed. The windows update should upgrade you to the latest build, but if you don't want to risk wasting time or data, go to getintopc.com and download the latest ISO file and install.

(1) (Reply)

Need Fairly Used Desktop / Amazon Fire 7'' Tablet From Bestbuy At Micostarmall / Get Your Window 8 & 8.1 Useful Tips And Tricks Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.