Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa (18988 Views)

Bring Seized Substandard Tyres To Aba Instead Of Burning Them - Dr Ikpeazu To FG / Abia Women Beg Ikpeazu To Stay As Governor / Ikpeazu To Appeal High Court Judgement: Tells Abians Not To Panic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by omolola15(m): 8:38am On Feb 26, 2016
Aunty Linda bought a $14k bag which I believe is more than the 2m needed for the treatment. Instead of her to just write a check and move on. Na camera she carry go there to report. Now she values fashion more than life. This ain't right. She should've donated the money then report the news she donated 2m for his treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by tatucci: 8:45am On Feb 26, 2016
this is a good gesture from the governor. however, how many individuals can he go around solving their issues one by one? in a state of at least 2million people who u wan go meet day by day. i think he shud still look into taking a holistic view at the whole thing. i dont know the cause of cancer but the garbage situation in Aba is terrible and no longer news. when people live right ontop, under, beside, behind, in front of garbage it is bound to affect their health. i once saw a food market in Aba right in front of a huge garbage dump site. the dirt was trailing into the market and almost touching "ugwu" leaves which some women were selling for people to buy and go and eat. it was shocking to me sha... good to know the governor has started working on the roads, i hope he will look into other situations soon...

my prayers are with this young man. I cant imagine the pain he must be going through.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Xapio: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2016
whirlwind7:
Someone mentioned the story to me few days ago. Also referred to LIB carrying the story. That donations were being solicited for.
At first, I was skeptical. Then I said, if Linda Ikeji actually reported the story, and the desperate man needed just a couple of millions for the life saving surgery, what stops Linda from cutting a cheque made to that amount to save the guy's life?

Didn't hear anymore about that story, until seeing it here on NL...and with the confirmation that it was indeed reported by Linda Ikeji.
Guess purchasing Hermes bags (fake or real) had more value to her than a human life.

Hope the governor's intervention will save this man's life. Cancer cases seem to be on the rise nowadays.

omolola15:
Aunty Linda bought a $14k bag which I believe is more than the 2m needed for the treatment. Instead of her to just write a check and move on. Na camera she carry go there to report. Now she values fashion more than life. This ain't right. She should've donated the money then report the news she donated 2m for his treatment.

So she should publish it on national newspaper and every available news outlet that she helped him just to satisfy you? ..How are you sure that she didn't help him?.. What is wrong with you people?... Go and get a life you animal angry
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by wheredemdey: 8:50am On Feb 26, 2016
whirlwind7:
Someone mentioned the story to me few days ago. Also referred to LIB carrying the story. That donations were being solicited for.
At first, I was skeptical. Then I said, if Linda Ikeji actually reported the story, and the desperate man needed just a couple of millions for the life saving surgery, what stops Linda from cutting a cheque made to that amount to save the guy's life?

Didn't hear anymore about that story, until seeing it here on NL...and with the confirmation that it was indeed reported by Linda Ikeji.
Guess purchasing Hermes bags (fake or real) had more value to her than a human life.

Hope the governor's intervention will save this man's life. Cancer cases seem to be on the rise nowadays.

Lazy thing....you are being too judgemental

Sell your handset and give the money to the poor...sell all your personal belongings and give the money to the poor mr whatever.

Nigerians can be so annoying...you don't know how a person made his/her money but you want to dictate to the person how to spend it...rubbish
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by desire222(f): 9:01am On Feb 26, 2016
Ponponkon:
Got a problem with that? Bro lalasticlala by questioning my integrity don't you think that this man or woman is tampering with my fundamental human right?
Nwafor mazi ooo, harawa ndi na, ogi ime ha vum la anya mgbe Okezie gi ime ka Abia State buru ala bekee. Umuafor Ukwa la Ngwa mma mma nu !!!

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by ojay2053(m): 9:05am On Feb 26, 2016
Arisa,nothing will happen to you, I know, I have faith that you will be healed. You are a star, you shall continue to shine, nothing will stop your shine. We will laugh last Arisa, even those that deserted you shall bow their heads in shame. Thank you Ikpeazu.
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by omolola15(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2016
Xapio:

So she should publish it on national newspaper and every available news outlet that she helped him just to satisfy you? ..How are you sure that she didn't help him?.. What is wrong with you people?... Go and get a life you animal angry

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa some people mumu sa. I wonder why some people can't be civilized and make their points without abusing people. I said my mind and I didn't abuse or call anyone names. And your best response was calling me names. I forgive you. I'm a peacemaker.
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Priestydon1987(f): 9:16am On Feb 26, 2016
I wish him a speedy recovery.
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Socketbet: 9:17am On Feb 26, 2016
Omg so its actually true..... Have been tinkin its a scam all along.... I pray for quick recovery IJN.....and God should forgive me for my ignorance
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Siberia101: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2016
ishiamu:

stop the rubbish judgemental attitude, how are you sure she hasn't donated? do you have the guy's acc details to confirm? is it not her money? she decides what to do with it, besides she has helped others she can't help all, she shouldn't write list of people she helped for you know, Nawa oo

Nice response Bro..

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by MzPecs(f): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2016
PaulArisaWillLive

Speedy recovery Ikenga!!!
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by bigtt76(f): 9:31am On Feb 26, 2016
God bless the governor's generosity. I seriously wonder why we still cannot have such treatment and expertise in this country. Can't the governors or every geopolitical region enchew political and tribal bitterness, contribute towards setting up (through corrupt-free implementation) a world class hospital to attend to these issues? Haba! I'm sure those funds they steal via security funds would go a long way to attend to all these issues without making the governors look like some demi-god.
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 26, 2016
While I wish the young man quick recovery and hopefully help, I see this only as an act of playing to the gallery. Must it be announced to the whole world that he is about to help a sick man? Even to the extent that a man was taking selfie with the sick man?

Am from Anambra but this is why till tomorrow, I will always doff my hat for the former governor of Enugu state in the person of Sullivan Chime. This is a silent achiever who did a lot of good works for his home state and people. Yet you can never see his poster or billboard anywhere. The one we have here in Anambra who is allegedly working is always playing to the gallery. Virtually every bus of the state government has his picture and written Willie is Working. This Willie is Working is also virtually written even clothes he wears evn on bags of rice! That is the same thing this same governor is doing here..... Always playing to the gallery. Get you ass to work and stop spreading pictures of your fake humane nature to the whole world.... In a mandate stolen from another person.

Get Well Soon Bro....

Meanwhile, this young man is not the only person suffering from this sickness. There are thousands of them out there. Why is his own getting "undue" attention? Rather than play to gallery with the young man's life all in a bid to score cheap political gains, why not upgrade all the hospitals in Nigeria to international standards and make healthcare affordable for all Nigerians? Why not revamp our moribund health sector?

JustSayingMyOpinion!!
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 26, 2016
adult91:
THAT BOY IS MY CLASSMATE IN SECONDARY SCHOOL. I NOW TOTALLY APPRECIATE GOD'S GIFT OF SOUND HEALTH. WHO AM I??
Did you school at Living Word Academy Secondary Aba ??
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by chrisnero(m): 10:31am On Feb 26, 2016
I made a donation for him yesterday and I pray that he will get well soon! God bless Okezie

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Soglad(f): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Thanks to God for this development. God bless gov Okezie. I was so touched wen i saw dis on facebook. I thank follow Nigerians for their help, let us not relent in our prayers for God to see him thru.
St. Anthony of Padua I pray for ur intercession on Paul's case.
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Jacko01: 11:06am On Feb 26, 2016
Hodgkin lymphoma bastard disease..... Dont wanna tink bout it.... Makes me cry
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Giov: 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
whirlwind7:

why not help in ur own little way rather than bashing Linda Ikeji. On that day every man will account for himself and not blaming or hating on others for what dey didn't do while you guilty of same.
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by chuckichukwuka(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thank you my amiable gov
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by NaijainTexas: 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
iamexcelblog:
While I wish the young man quick recovery and hopefully help, I see this only as an act of playing to the gallery. Must it be announced to the whole world that he is about to help a sick man? Even to the extent that a man was taking selfie with the sick man?

Am from Anambra but this is why till tomorrow, I will always doff my hat for the former governor of Enugu state in the person of Sullivan Chime. This is a silent achiever who did a lot of good works for his home state and people. Yet you can never see his poster or billboard anywhere. The one we have here in Anambra who is allegedly working is always playing to the gallery. Virtually every bus of the state government has his picture and written Willie is Working. This Willie is Working is also virtually written even clothes he wears evn on bags of rice! That is the same thing this same governor is doing here..... Always playing to the gallery. Get you ass to work and stop spreading pictures of your fake humane nature to the whole world.... In a mandate stolen from another person.

Get Well Soon Bro....

Meanwhile, this young man is not the only person suffering from this sickness. There are thousands of them out there. Why is his own getting "undue" attention? Rather than play to gallery with the young man's life all in a bid to score cheap political gains, why not upgrade all the hospitals in Nigeria to international standards and make healthcare affordable for all Nigerians? Why not revamp our moribund health sector?

JustSayingMyOpinion!!

I think it is odd for you to look for the negative in this issue, instead of being happy he's receiving help.

Further, how do you figure that the Governor asked for this information to be disseminated? Do you see him in the pictures posing for media attention with the patient? Do you see it on the Government site for press? No, you don't. You read on social media Ikpeazu's good works and are trying to vilify him. I know him actually, and this news being public is not his doing.

I actually know who Ponponkon is (yes I do, sir wink ) and he's spreading news on NL not because the Governor asked him to, but he is a supporter of the administration.

The Governor on the other hand, is working tirelessly to improve Abia's infrastructure and facilities, so hold tight, and wait longer than a few months into his tenure.

You know as well as I do that Nigerians like to publicize, so you shouldn't let that be something that bothers you so. Focus not so much on your dislike of the alleged grandstanding of the leaders, you'll lose sight of the bigger picture, which is the impact of their works.

#JustSayingMYOpinion

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Kc3000: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ponponkon:
Bro lalasticlala the text below is how a Nairalander got me informed about the guy's illiness. Please duly inform him that Dr Okezie is not one to play polictics with the life of any Abian

lue Print.(photos) by Kc3000: 3:48am On Feb 24
ponponkon Nwoko ike, I came across something on Linda Ikeji's blog that I wanted to draw your attention to. There's a young man by the name of Paul Arisa who is suffering from Hodgkin's lymphoma, which has not responded to chemotherapy. The tumor has completely taken over his neck region and deformed his face(from the posted before and after pictures).

I believe he's an indigene of Abia state(an ABSU graduate, currently residing in Aba) and he's desperately in need of about 2 million naira to pursue radiation therapy. I don't know the dude from Adam, I just came across the story and felt someone must have exerted a lot of effort to get Linda Ikeji to feature his story, due to the desperation of the situation. I know our amiable governor has no obligation to intervene on such personal matters, but I think it would be a nice gesture if he steps in to assist the young fellow. These are the little things, I believe, that help people realize there's a government in place that truly cares for them. Biko, ta anyi gbatara onye na oso enyem aka.

Of course, I expect the information posted to be verified before soliciting the governor for any assistance...I would have taken it upon myself to verify the information if I was in the country(a tumor of that size cannot be missed). Here's the link for the story on LIB, which also has some contact information attached at the bottom:

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/02/paul-arisa-needs-our-help.html#more

NB: I'm so sorry to burden you with this, just had to take the chance for the young man's sake.

Wow, I'm speechless. To know that Mr. Arisa is finally getting the assistance he needs, thanks to Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu, and that I played a little part in making this happen really warms my heart. Twice I aborted my effort of leaving the above message for Ponponkon, as I convinced myself to mind my own business and not bother someone I have no personal relationship with. I carried on with something else, but the urge to send this message to Ponponkon just wouldn't go away, so I had to bite the bullet and went pleading for someone that I don't even know.
I'm so glad I did the right thing, and I'm even more grateful to Ponponkon for not ignoring my message but speedily channeling it up to our governor. From what I've observed and heard about Gov. Ikpeazu, I was convinced he'll step up, and he did not disappoint!!!

God bless Paul Arisa and grant him a full recovery.

God Bless our able governor Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, and the good people of Abia state.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by allycat: 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
I hope they are able to save this young man. His cancer is already advanced and has returned after going into remission once before making it harder to treat.
Re: Ikpeazu To Save The Life Of Paul Arisa by Ponponkon: 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kc3000:

Wow, I'm speechless. To know that Mr. Arisa is finally getting the assistance he needs, thanks to Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu, and that I played a little part in making this happen really warms my heart. Twice I aborted my effort of leaving the above message for Ponponkon, as I convinced myself to mind my own business and not bother someone I have no personal relationship with. I carried on with something else, but the urge to send this message to Ponponkon just wouldn't go away, so I had to bite the bullet and went pleading for someone that I don't even know.
I'm so glad I did the right thing, and I'm even more grateful to Ponponkon for not ignoring my message but speedily channeling it up to our governor. From what I've observed and heard about Gov. Ikpeazu, I was convinced he'll step up, and he did not disappoint!!!

God bless Paul Arisa and grant him a full recovery.

God Bless our able governor Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, and the good people of Abia state.

You are welcome Sir! I did the little I could for him bro. Today the governor has approved his traveling to USA for the surgery together with a relative/friend who will care for him there in USA. The governor will take care of all the expenses. I thank God for using us to safe a life as I pray for a successful surgery for Mr Arisa Paul

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Approves Contract For Construction Of 2 FG Roads (pics) / Ben Kalu Reacts To Exclusion Of South East From 9th NASS Leadership / IGP Asks Supreme Court To Stay Judgment Nullifying Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.