Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,970 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA (27598 Views)

Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt / Nnadi Nnedimkpa Susan Graduates With 4.93 CGPA From Covenant University / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
Go for a PGD
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Aristotle96(m): 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
LordOdin:
3rd class? Prof? Bros lie small small.
what's up with u na so after bsc 3rd class dn through to PGD, MSc and PhD some one can't be a prof?if he is worth it? Na lack of research dy do u... Go do research... Ah go come lie like say em dy pay me or e relate to me
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
haibe:
ahan so someone that made a third class can never eventually be a prof?
with a new degree; yes...with that 3rd class: No, not in Nigeria anyway.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by agwunchauc(m): 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
SpencerM:
....bro currently no universities in nigeria accepts blow a 3.0 cgpa for masters, i stand to b corrected...buh sha u can first go an do pgd den afta wich u can run ur masters.....buh no dat its not alwyz about d cgpa bro
is not true joor UI accept that in some of there departments so don't talk what you dnt know
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
Aristotle96:
what's up with u na so after bsc 3rd class dn through to PGD, MSc and PhD some one can't be a prof?if he is worth it? Na lack of research dy do u... Go do research... Ah go come lie like say em dy pay me or e relate to me
You can't go beyond Msc with a 3rd class. Go figure smiley
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by kay29000(m): 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
porshuch:
Unilag will accept him for m.sc

My thoughts exactly. Cos I started m.sc there and I graduated with 2.7 GPA.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by ahamadegr8(m): 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Bro, in Nigeria schools dey will alow u to still undergo Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) before considering u de de chanc of getting it I some how slim compares to outside country, whre it easy.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by FreemanDave(m): 1:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
kay29000:

He has to do PGD first? Are you sure? I graduated with a 2.7 GPA in Geography, and I did masters in the same course in Unilag.

Some schools have waiver.... But thats the statutory procedure.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by kenchop: 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
YOU CAN DO '' NAIRABET'' embarassed
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by kay29000(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
FreemanDave:

Some schools have waiver.... But thats the statutory procedure.

Ok
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by fortunechy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
go to the school registrar to find out or u google it
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by phemy36(m): 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:
Good morning naira landers.
I come this morning with a humble heart, seeking information from you guys on the matter of academics..

I graduated with a 2.89 CGPA in Industrial and production engineering, form Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.

Now the questions I'd like to ask are;
1. Can I do my masters in software design and networking directly?
2. Can I do my masters outside the country with that CGPA?
3. I was told by a friend I had to do a post graduate diploma in my school before I can do any masters programm (how true is this? ).

Thank you very much for your information. Other questions will come up when I get a reply. God bless

*Admin please push this to front page, because am sure someother persons can benefit fron this information. Thanks
emex4gman:
I come this morning with a humble heart, seeking information from you guys on the matter of academics..

I graduated with a 2.89 CGPA in Industrial and production engineering, form Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.

3. I was told by a friend I had to do a post graduate diploma in my school before I can do any masters programm (how true is this? ).

Thank you very much for your information. Other questions will come up when I get a reply. God bless

*Admin please push this to front page, because am sure someother persons can benefit fron this information. Thanks
emex4gman:

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by phemy36(m): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:

emex4gman:

emex4gman:

Thank you very much for your information. Other questions will come up when I get a reply. God bless.
Phemy36 is back on nl. @ op i think u can.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by kolaaderin: 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
theshaderoom:
That's a second class lower.... u have to do Pgd first

Wrong info, 2.2 do not have to do PGD for masters. He may not have admission in some first class uni abroad but most university will consider for direct master.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
eldino44:
A Wrist watch for 500k?? Will it show me when
the world will end?
• A Bathing soap for 80k?? Will it wash away
sins and sorrows?
• One Eye glasses for 350k?? If I wear it, will I
be able to see the future?
• An Italian shoe for 150k?? Will I be able to walk
on water?
• A Plasma TV for 500k?? Will it show me the
Judgement day on the last day live?
• A Gold plated mobile phone for 3 million naira.
Chai!!! Will I use it to answer heaven's call?
• A Hand Bag for 1.3Million naira?? Will I put
my life inside it?
• 2 million naira for a table in comedy show.
Which kind
laugh I never laugh before?
• 3 Million naira per year at a university. After
graduation, will they make me the president?
Sometimes, I wonder why some people spend like
craze, knowing fully well that there are hungry
children in the streets roaming about naked.
1. The smallest act of kindness you show, can
change someone's life.
2. Remember, money only brings happiness if you
help people with it.
3. Let someone say to you, BECAUSE OF YOU I
DIDN'T GIVE UP !!!
When God blesses you financially,
don't just raise your STANDARD OF LIVING, also
raise your STANDARD OF GIVING.
I saw this and felt the Whole World should see it
too. If you feel so too, share the post or repost it.
Thank you.

Is it that u are plain stupid or u are an attention seeker,a fellow nairalander seeks help on what he can use his cgpa of 2.89 to do,u are here typing trash.GERRARAHIA JHOOR

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by spenzo47: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
2-2 doesn't require a pgd.....u can go for ur masters in any university in Nigeria....but you will need pgd abroad cos d cut off cgpa is 3.0.......Godspeed.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by kolaaderin: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:

Don't let anyone confuse u. U can do ur master in ur desired field with that CGPA. Even prestigious UI and Unilag will take it. It might only be difficult if the schools u plan to do it is of Cambridge, MIT and Oxford standard else, many UK and US university will surely offer u admission.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by porshuch: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:

Unilag will take you for m.sc
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by spark4daz(f): 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
SerialGist:

Are you serious? That face on your DP is out of this end time world.
hmm. Hw u?
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by elrony(m): 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Straight to Masters bro... unless you are switching discipline, that's where PGD comes before Masters!!!...

#Verified

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by bankybobo11: 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
My HOD when I was in school came out with a second class: lower division. He was already an associate professor (reader) when I left. First Class and 2:1 are seriously overrated in Nigeria. First class just displays your ability to cram your brain with crude lecture notes
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by damocool(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
highskies:
Hey. U don't need. A postgraduation diploma to do a masters.

I applied to. UI in ibadan with a CGPA of 2.56 and. I was picked for the course I chose.

2.56! Are you really sure of that,.... if yes, what year was that?
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
LordOdin:
3rd class? Prof? Bros lie small small.

Very possible , my project mate in U.I finished with a third class in 2001 and today he has his Ph.D and he is also a lecturer in FUTO.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by deebsman1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
Wu told u, i have less than 3.0, am presently on my masters. angry
opedaydydx9:
u need minimum of 3.0 or u must do pgd,,.....
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by emmacares4u(m): 2:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
MY BROTHER, DON'T GIVE URSELF HEADACHE.......YOU CAN DO SEVERAL THINGS WITH IT....HERE IN NIGERIA OR OUTSIDE.
MY BROTHER GRADUATED WITH 2.57 AND HE DID HIS M.SC IN UNILAG.

I MADE 2.2 (2.99) AND I APPLIED OUTSIDE FOR M.SC. OIL AND GAS ENGINEERING. I WAS GIVEN MY OFFER WITHOUT STRESS.

YOU CAN REACH ME IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFO.

ONE LOVE

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Very possible , my project mate in U.I finished with a third class in 2001 and today he has his Ph.D and he is also a lecturer in FUTO.
interesting.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by ToseroRock(f): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
I tot is only HND holders/poly graduates that needs to do pg before MSC..hmmmm what a turn over.

Guy am not trying to make u feel bad, am just following not long ago thread and really surprised uni students are talking about a graduate doing pg before masters.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
like if you're a 2.5 to 2.99 CGPA holder that is just here to read comments.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by larrypourl(m): 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
Don't let them discourage you guy. Most uni here accept 2.5 and above except for some courses, the most important thing is to scale through their qualifying exams and after that you're good to go. Unilag is an example.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:

Unilag accept 2:2 for Masters programme
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
kidman96:

So with everything going on in the country today you still haven't learned anything? Guy go and start hustling... Before you finish your PGD or Masters some of ur classmates are already building their houses...

A TRUE ADVISE FROM KIDMAN, BOOK NOR BE FOR YOU BRO, USE YOUR GOD GIVEN SKILL TO SHAME YA ENEMIES.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
emmacares4u:
MY BROTHER, DON'T GIVE URSELF HEADACHE.......YOU CAN DO SEVERAL THINGS WITH IT....HERE IN NIGERIA OR OUTSIDE.
MY BROTHER GRADUATED WITH 2.57 AND HE DID HIS M.SC IN UNILAG.

I MADE 2.2 (2.99) AND I APPLIED OUTSIDE FOR M.SC. OIL AND GAS ENGINEERING. I WAS GIVEN MY OFFER WITHOUT STRESS.

YOU CAN REACH ME IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFO.

ONE LOVE

2.2 RUNS IN THE FAMILY grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seplat Joint Venture 2020/2021 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing / Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion / Relay Race: Father And Daughter Graduation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.