Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA (27600 Views)

Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt / Nnadi Nnedimkpa Susan Graduates With 4.93 CGPA From Covenant University / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by ladycomfort(f): 3:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
eldino44:
A Wrist watch for 500k?? Will it show me when
the world will end?
• A Bathing soap for 80k?? Will it wash away
sins and sorrows?
• One Eye glasses for 350k?? If I wear it, will I
be able to see the future?
• An Italian shoe for 150k?? Will I be able to walk
on water?
• A Plasma TV for 500k?? Will it show me the
Judgement day on the last day live?
• A Gold plated mobile phone for 3 million naira.
Chai!!! Will I use it to answer heaven's call?
• A Hand Bag for 1.3Million naira?? Will I put
my life inside it?
• 2 million naira for a table in comedy show.
Which kind
laugh I never laugh before?
• 3 Million naira per year at a university. After
graduation, will they make me the president?
Sometimes, I wonder why some people spend like
craze, knowing fully well that there are hungry
children in the streets roaming about naked.
1. The smallest act of kindness you show, can
change someone's life.
2. Remember, money only brings happiness if you
help people with it.
3. Let someone say to you, BECAUSE OF YOU I
DIDN'T GIVE UP !!!
When God blesses you financially,
don't just raise your STANDARD OF LIVING, also
raise your STANDARD OF GIVING.
I saw this and felt the Whole World should see it
too. If you feel so too, share the post or repost it.
Thank you.
. undecided spend money on yourself jare. We only live once.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
LordOdin:
interesting.

Yes , he immediately enrolled for his PGD and did Master's straight afterwards , that was 2003 - 2005 after his NYSC , 2001/2002 September set. Surprisingly he was one of the best Master's student for his set and he put in for his Ph.D thereafter , he was awarded his Doctorate in 2014 and an employment in FUTO . I can mention his name but for privacy sake I don't think it is ethical. I'm pretty sure the 3rd class he got in his first degree pushed him to attain what he has today , failure will either give you more fight or will knock you down permanently , the choice is yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
deebsman1:
lies

OP, with a CGPA of 2.89, i can't say for your 1st question cos it depends but 2 and 3 are the most possible, no need of any post grad diploma since no b third class, na 2-2.

That's just d truth. Odas have been saying what they don't know
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by freshvine(f): 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Use razor blade and tactically remove the 2 and replace it with 3.

Someone is ruling Nigeria with NEPA bill and you're complaining
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by stephano100(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
britzz:

2.2 RUNS IN THE FAMILY grin grin
they there dey shine teeth, they're making progress!!
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by mikeapollo: 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:
Good morning naira landers.
I come this morning with a humble heart, seeking information from you guys on the matter of academics..

I graduated with a 2.89 CGPA in Industrial and production engineering, form Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.

Now the questions I'd like to ask are;
1. Can I do my masters in software design and networking directly?
2. Can I do my masters outside the country with that CGPA?
3. I was told by a friend I had to do a post graduate diploma in my school before I can do any masters programm (how true is this? ).

Thank you very much for your information. Other questions will come up when I get a reply. God bless

*Admin please push this to front page, because am sure someother persons can benefit fron this information. Thanks

You can do a lot with your GPA. That is above average. Very many schools abroad will accept that for Masters degree. It is not true that you must do a PGD(except maybe in Canada). Virtually all the universities in UK and very many good schools in US, Australia etc will accept your GPA for a straight Masters. Do not be discouraged at all by anyone.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Ay04z(m): 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
KimonoBOSS:
Omo, with this kind of GPA Street ti take over
wat do u mean?
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Aristotle96(m): 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
LordOdin:
You can't go beyond Msc with a 3rd class. Go figure smiley
thank u very much

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Aristotle96(m): 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Yes , he immediately enrolled for his PGD and did Master's straight afterwards , that was 2003 - 2005 after his NYSC , 2001/2002 September set. Surprisingly he was one of the best Master's student for his set and he put in for his Ph.D thereafter , he was awarded his Doctorate in 2014 and an employment in FUTO . I can mention his name but for privacy sake I don't think it is ethical. I'm pretty sure the 3rd class he got in his first degree pushed him to attain what he has today , failure will either give you more fight or will knock you down permanently , the choice is yours.
op thank u for clearing LordOdin as em no dy gree hear say person fit use third class get PhD then prof... undecided say na only msc e dy end
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by ewosk: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Aristotle96:
Bro go for post graduate den masters I swear even ur sch would recommend u as a graduate assistant or junior lecturer if u truly believe in ur self... Mah hod game out with a 3rd class during bsc digree and now he furthered more, now he is a prof... cool believe stay positive

A one time dean in the faculty I graduated from had 3rd class but furthered and became a Prof... Arguably the most respected and influential prof the faculty had in recent times...

Op check some schools might accept you directly while others would require you to do PGD first...Be positive....

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
freshvine:
Use razor blade and tactically remove the 2 and replace it with 3.

Someone is ruling Nigeria with NEPA bill and you're complaining

You're stupid for this comment you made
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by spartoo: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
ultrazone:
You don't need grades to go into entrepreneurship

wat entrepreneurial business do u do

I need ideas badly
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by highskies(m): 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
I am currently a student 14/15 (msc environmental Engineering). I scored 56% in the entrance english proficiency test.

Almost done with coursework.

Working harder this time around to Attain the mandatory 5/7 Ph.D grade.

damocool:

2.56! Are you really sure of that,.... if yes, what year was that?

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by agwunchauc(m): 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
highskies:
I am currently a student 14/15 (msc environmental Engineering). I scored 56% in the entrance english proficiency test.

please which school is that just tell me I really need it urgently
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by highskies(m): 6:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
University of Ibadan.

We also have industrial engineering here too but you will have to choose amongst the available options here. I am not furnished with that information but I believe u can google about it or come down here.

..University of Ibadan.....Premier university....

agwunchauc:
please which school is that just tell me I really need it urgently
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by agwunchauc(m): 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
highskies:
University of Ibadan.

We also have industrial engineering here too but you will have to choose amongst the available options here. I am not furnished with that information but I believe u can google about it or come down here.

..University of Ibadan.....Premier university....

ok Tanx am not into engineering I want to do masters in education
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by doskie(m): 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:
I come this morning with a humble heart, seeking information from you guys on the matter of academics..

I graduated with a 2.89 CGPA in Industrial and production engineering, form Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.

3. I was told by a friend I had to do a post graduate diploma in my school before I can do any masters programm (how true is this? ).

Thank you very much for your information. Other questions will come up when I get a reply. God bless

*Admin please push this to front page, because am sure someother persons can benefit fron this information. Thanks
you dont need all of that. come to lagos and start hustling. you will forget you ever attended a school. I graduated 2012. its just like yesterday to me. I cant even remember what I made. its irrelevant to me. the truth is; I dont know exactly where my certificate is. if you tell me to produce it, you will have to give me sometime to look for it. thank you.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by deluba(m): 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
U Can do master here directly. it all depends on the schools requirement for the proposed course u want to go for
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by agwunchauc(m): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
Am very happy for this topic Op because it gives people like me hope
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by So4baba(m): 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] just put that GP up for adoption and learn the business trade... It pays more
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by eddymandy94(f): 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:

dat na 2.2.._ u are gud to go..sumtin wey peepss dey pray for for english department....derz no nid for a pgd to start ur masters,and yes,u ccan use it to study abroad too
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by eldino44(m): 12:07am On Feb 27, 2016
karmy:

Is it that u are plain stupid or u are an attention seeker,a fellow nairalander seeks help on what he can use his cgpa of 2.89 to do,u are here typing trash.GERRARAHIA JHOOR
OK
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by mikolo80: 3:40am On Feb 27, 2016
eldino44:
A Wrist watch for 500k?? Will it show me when
the world will end?
• A Bathing soap for 80k?? Will it wash away
sins and sorrows?
• One Eye glasses for 350k?? If I wear it, will I
be able to see the future?
• An Italian shoe for 150k?? Will I be able to walk
on water?
• A Plasma TV for 500k?? Will it show me the
Judgement day on the last day live?
• A Gold plated mobile phone for 3 million naira.
Chai!!! Will I use it to answer heaven's call?
• A Hand Bag for 1.3Million naira?? Will I put
my life inside it?
• 2 million naira for a table in comedy show.
Which kind
laugh I never laugh before?
• 3 Million naira per year at a university. After
graduation, will they make me the president?
Sometimes, I wonder why some people spend like
craze, knowing fully well that there are hungry
children in the streets roaming about naked.
1. The smallest act of kindness you show, can
change someone's life.
2. Remember, money only brings happiness if you
help people with it.
3. Let someone say to you, BECAUSE OF YOU I
DIDN'T GIVE UP !!!
When God blesses you financially,
don't just raise your STANDARD OF LIVING, also
raise your STANDARD OF GIVING.
I saw this and felt the Whole World should see it
too. If you feel so too, share the post or repost it.
Thank you.
because it's their money. someone should go and find solution to his problem or allow survival of the fittest to take place. such is life. it's a jungle out there. do not be deceived by civilisation.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Seunnzy(m): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2016
KimonoBOSS:

whire collar job o jawo mo grin
KimonoBOSS:

whire collar job o jawo mo
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by pdonrule(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
kidman96:

So with everything going on in the country today you still haven't learned anything? Guy go and start hustling... Before you finish your PGD or Masters some of ur classmates are already building their houses...
Epic response
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by damocool(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
highskies:

God will crown your effort with good success ijn...
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by chaiks: 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
@emex4gman, I believe you can tie down admission for direct masters in many unis overseas. I graduated in same uni with you. But in a different dept(history and international relations,). Now gurus in the house, I am on d verge of registering for ielts and with a cgpa of 4.49. I plan to master in pure international relations abroad. But my headache is if scholarship is sth that is possible. After searching for schools, I found some good ones offering my course like university of British Columbia, Alberta, uni Vancouver, dalhousie, uni Stuttgart, uni Berlin, and some in USA. Now, must I write gre if I am to concentrate on Canada and are there Canadian schools that give things like free tuition waiver? I seriously need your input as time an age is running. Man gats get MSc bf 30.ur assistance is indeed needed.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Slymonster(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2016
emmacares4u:
MY BROTHER, DON'T GIVE URSELF HEADACHE.......YOU CAN DO SEVERAL THINGS WITH IT....HERE IN NIGERIA OR OUTSIDE.
MY BROTHER GRADUATED WITH 2.57 AND HE DID HIS M.SC IN UNILAG.

I MADE 2.2 (2.99) AND I APPLIED OUTSIDE FOR M.SC. OIL AND GAS ENGINEERING. I WAS GIVEN MY OFFER WITHOUT STRESS.

YOU CAN REACH ME IF YOU NEED FURTHER INFO.

ONE LOVE

which country did you apply for outside
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by greatguru22: 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
haibe:
ahan so someone that made a third class can never eventually be a prof?
Wat of someone with 2:2, cn such become a Prof?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seplat Joint Venture 2020/2021 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing / Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion / Relay Race: Father And Daughter Graduation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.