Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA (27584 Views)

Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt / Nnadi Nnedimkpa Susan Graduates With 4.93 CGPA From Covenant University / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Sunnycliff(m): 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
I admire your sincerity. You can achieve whatever you want. Some schools in Nigeria will require you do pgde before msc. For Abroad you will have to take your TOEFL, GRE and GMAT of which if you pass them you can be admitted maybe to run a one year remedial program before your main program. Or you might be put to some basic academic tests overseas which if you scale through you are admitted directly.

All hope isn't lost. I see the will in you and the way definitely must come out. Have a nice day Zikite!!

4 Likes

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by agwunchauc(m): 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
theshaderoom:
That's a second class lower.... u have to do Pgd first
is not a must you can do your masters with that cgpa even without pgd

3 Likes

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
You can with Universities abroad, except canada else foundation courses.Usa you need to write Gmat or Gre. From industrial Engineering to Software, you may still need to take foundation courses irrespective of your CGPA. Talking exclusively for Univeristies abroad.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by wayodude(m): 1:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
Plenty of good universities outside of Nigeria are likely to accept you on Masters degree courses and if you do well in it, develop your soft skills and adapt yourself suitably (in manners, presentation, awareness etc you get the drift) you will be professionally better off than most of your cramming champion 2-1 colleagues.

I should know.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by danbrowndmf(m): 1:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by iliyande(m): 1:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
lorilenz:
open provision store

with this advise, I got no option than to check your profile guy wink

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Gidiboss89(m): 1:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
No just waste your time do any post graduate.. Apply for schools abroad.. With a very good motivation statement you may be considered... That's one.. Two.. Get a job that is if your good @what u studied you surely would get yasef fixed up.. And finally u could be your own boss.. Be an entrepreneur and leave d cgp for your professors grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by bidak(m): 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
I think its depending on the university you want to do your masters some university takes CGPA of 2.5
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by agwunchauc(m): 1:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
Please stop giving him wrong advice. Op you can do your masters with that cgpa even without doing pg. Some universities like ui

3 Likes

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by highskies(m): 1:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hey. U don't need. A postgraduation diploma to do a masters.

I applied to. UI in ibadan with a CGPA of 2.56 and. I was picked for the course I chose.
emex4gman:
Good morning naira landers.
I come this morning with a humble heart, seeking information from you guys on the matter of academics..

I graduated with a 2.89 CGPA in Industrial and production engineering, form Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.

Now the questions I'd like to ask are;
1. Can I do my masters in software design and networking directly?
2. Can I do my masters outside the country with that CGPA?
3. I was told by a friend I had to do a post graduate diploma in my school before I can do any masters programm (how true is this? ).

Thank you very much for your information. Other questions will come up when I get a reply. God bless

*Admin please push this to front page, because am sure someother persons can benefit fron this information. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by agwunchauc(m): 1:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
Please stop giving him wrong advice. Op you can do your masters with that cgpa even without doing pg. Some universities like UI Absu accept that. So don't panic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by kawkab: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Is your result on a 4 point or 5 point scale. Even if your grade is higher than what you stated, you still need to do a PGD because you are switching from one field to another.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Stlatyv(m): 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Each department within the university determines what CGPA it admit for any higher programme such as M.sc and that makes the requirement varies from one department to the other and from one school to the other. University of ibadan's requirement for political science is 3.5 while that of OAU is 3.0. I will advice you go to the deparment at the school of your choice and make first hand enquiry from there. And for the oversea, sure there are many universities even within U.k that admits that. Google the university of your choice and mail it for enquiry. But in the case of switching to another department compulsorily you will be required to for a PGD programme of a year.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Aristotle96:
Bro go for post graduate den masters I swear even ur sch would recommend u as a graduate assistant or junior lecturer if u truly believe in ur self... Mah hod game out with a 3rd class during bsc digree and now he furthered more, now he is a prof... cool believe stay positive
3rd class? Prof? Bros lie small small.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Bennydballs(m): 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
kidman96:

So with everything going on in the country today you still haven't learned anything? Guy go and start hustling... Before you finish your PGD or Masters some of ur classmates are already building their houses...
Pls b specific on d kinda hustling he shd embark on..I hv no clue.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by saintkel(m): 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
kidman96:

So with everything going on in the country today you still haven't learned anything? Guy go and start hustling... Before you finish your PGD or Masters some of ur classmates are already building their houses...
Which type of hustling?
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by haibe(m): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
LordOdin:
ahan so someone that made a third class can never eventually be a prof?

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Kylekent59: 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dis topic always making front page
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Stlatyv(m): 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
agwunchauc:
Please stop giving him wrong advice. Op you can do your masters with that cgpa even without doing pg. Some universities like UI Absu accept that. So don't panic
If he wantd to switch to another department a year PGD programme is compulsory. CGPA requirement varies from school to school and department to department
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Stlatyv(m): 1:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
agwunchauc:
If he wants to switch to another department a year PGD programme is compulsory. CGPA requirement varies from school to school and department to department
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by PraiseGyps(f): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
U are good to go for m.sc
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by seydam21(m): 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
next thing is PGD before master bro
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by opedaydydx9(m): 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
deebsman1:
lies

OP, with a CGPA of 2.89, i can't say for your 1st question cos it depends but 2 and 3 are the most possible, no need of any post grad diploma since no b third class, na 2-2.

u need minimum of 3.0 or u must do pgd,,.....
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by jemype(m): 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
He can take the cgpa to the bank. They wiill give him money with it
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
spark4daz:
Just here to learn
Are you serious? That face on your DP is out of this end time world.
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by fattbabakay(m): 1:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:
I come this morning with a humble heart, seeking information from you guys on the matter of academics..

I graduated with a 2.89 CGPA in Industrial and production engineering, form Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.

3. I was told by a friend I had to do a post graduate diploma in my school before I can do any masters programm (how true is this? ).

Thank you very much for your information. Other questions will come up when I get a reply. God bless

*Admin please push this to front page, because am sure someother persons can benefit fron this information. Thanks
[url=eduregard.com/undergraduate-course-of-study-does-it-really-matter/]Does your course or grade really matter in a country like Nigeria??[/url]
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by U2ice(m): 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Guy go sell bread, u cud become d male version of olajumoke...
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by SpencerM(m): 1:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
emex4gman:

....bro currently no universities in nigeria accepts blow a 3.0 cgpa for masters, i stand to b corrected...buh sha u can first go an do pgd den afta wich u can run ur masters.....buh no dat its not alwyz about d cgpa bro
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by adgab(m): 1:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
2.89/5 is accepted for master directly here in Nigeria. There is no need of PGD. U can do your master in abroad with that CGPA if you have the money.
Regards
Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by kay29000(m): 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
FreemanDave:

Most universities accept 2.5 for masters even, but thats after your one year PGD.

The issue of software engineering in Masters in a Nigerian university is kinda obscure tho. Not sure if you will get it here, and yes you can do your masters overseas with that CGPA.

Bless!
He has to do PGD first? Are you sure? I graduated with a 2.7 GPA in Geography, and I did masters in the same course in Unilag.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA by Aristotle96(m): 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
LordOdin:
what's up with u na so after bsc 3rd class dn through to PGD, MSc and PhD some one can't be a prof?if he is worth it? Na lack of research dy do u... Go do research... Ah go come lie like say em dy pay me or e relate to me undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan Post-utme (e-test) Cut-off / 60 Very Hilarious But Amazing Facts. / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.