Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term (3845 Views)

N450M Fraud: EFCC Amends Charges Against Belgore, Joins Madueke / Between EFCC & A Twitter User Who Is Displeased Over Oil Thieves 120 Year Jail / PDP Supports Buhari's Anti-Corruption Crusade - Oliseh Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by samman: 8:03am On Feb 26, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has added another offence to the list of charges it filed against Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesperson- Olisa Metuh.

In the latest charge, Metuh is accused of obstructing officials of the EFCC.

Reports say the latest charge brought against the PDP spokesman, is contrary to Section 38(2) of the EFCC (Establishment) Act 2004.

The penalty of this new charge maximum of a five-year jail term or N20,000 fine or both imprisonment and fine.

According to Punch, the anti-graft agency filed two charges of mischief and destruction of evidence earlier, at the High Court in Abuja.

Following the amendment of the charges, Metuh will be expected to take a fresh plea before Justice Ishaq Bello today, Friday, February 26, 2016.

The Federal High Court in Abuja has also dismissed a case filed by Metuh against the Federal Government.

He dragged the government to court over his arrest by the EFCC.

Punch also reports that Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja, has reserved Thursday. March 9, 2016 to determine if the PDP spokesman has a case to answer, following the allegations of fraud levelled against him by the EFCC.

- See more at: http://www.sambisanews.com/olisa-metuh-pdp-spokesman-risks-5-year-jail-term-efcc-amends-charges#sthash.SqmA1xdD.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by funlord(m): 8:09am On Feb 26, 2016
cheesy
Solid if true!

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Bhella5(m): 8:11am On Feb 26, 2016
Nurse Metuh own don done. But 5 years?

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Horlufemi(m): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2016
Correct

1 Like

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Nijagobeta: 8:15am On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmmm the endless Metusalah .,.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2016
Excellent. No stone should be left unturned in making sure metuh goes to jail.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by babyfaceafrica: 8:22am On Feb 26, 2016
Why metuh gentle since the day dem don release am?...dem cut in tongue!!

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Flexherbal(m): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2016
This man's eyes have seen his ears.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Progressive01(m): 8:30am On Feb 26, 2016
The penalty of this new charge maximum of a five-year jail term or N20,000 fine or both imprisonment and fine.
Can we see how our politicians short change us?? Minor offence, one rots in jail or gets a mob lynch. But when one is guilty of "obstructing officials" of EFCC, a crime most likely to be committed by a "big man", a slap on the wrist would suffice.

These people make me sick to my guts.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by plaetton: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2016
Tokety7:

So that's how justice is done in this jungle? shocked

You first make a determination to put someone, usually a political opponent, in jail, then out of desperation, file one frivolous charge after another to see which and if any one can stick.

So, this is what our 16 uninterrupted years of Democratic culture has been brought down to in just the last 9 months ?

Everyone, including you, should be scared.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by plaetton: 8:43am On Feb 26, 2016
Progressive01:
Can we see how our politicians short change us?? Minor offence, one rots in jail or gets a mob lynch. But when one is guilty of "obstructing officials" of EFCC, a crime most likely to be committed by a "big man", a slap on the wrist would suffice.

These people make me sick to my guts.

Lol.

A drowning man will clutch at a straw, they say. grin

EFCC is obviously drowning in it's bellicosity, hence the desperate filling of one frivolous charge after another, with the hope and prayer that at least one meets the minimum threshold for a conviction.

It's laughable.

Next time, they shouldn't be counting their chickens before the eggs are hatched.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2016
[s]
plaetton:

So that's how justice is done in this jungle? shocked

You first make a determination to put someone, usually a political opponent, in jail, then out of desperation, file one frivolous charge after another to see which and if any one can stick.

So, this is what our 16 uninterrupted years of Democratic culture has been brought down to in just the last 9 months ?

Everyone, including you, should be scared.
[/s]

Rubbish. Metuh is a shameless yam eater who not only ate our yams but ate his confessional documents like a goat. Whatever it takes to punish the criminal is highly welcomed by all sane Nigerians.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Progressive01(m): 8:48am On Feb 26, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

A drowning man will clutch at a straw, they say. grin

EFCC is obviously drowning in it's bellicosity, hence the desperate filling of one frivolous charge after another, with the hope and prayer that at least one passes the minimum litmus test of justice.

It's laughable.

Next time, they shouldn't be counting their chickens before the eggs are hatched.
wtf. How does this affect what I wrote that you had to quote me?? I'm talking about the flaws in our jurisprudence and you are spitting and convulsing all over the floor for God-knows-what.

Na wa oo.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by plaetton: 8:51am On Feb 26, 2016
Tokety7:
[s][/s]

Rubbish. Metuh is a shameless yam eater who not only ate our yams but hate his confessional documents like a goat. Whatever it takes to punish the criminal is highly welcomed by all sane Nigerians.

And you are a mini- thinker who is probably too young, uneducated or miseducated not to see and appreciate the value and inviolate nature of the rule of law, and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a competent court of law.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2016
plaetton:

And you are a mini- thinker who is probably too young, uneducated or miseducated not to see the and appreciate the value and inviolate nature of the rule of law, and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a competent court of law.

Ur thinking process is obviously far below par and nauseating. It's making me puke. Are u ok? Is he not currently in a competent court of law? Will that stop me from forming my own opinion about the shameless fool who admitted he collected sums of money for a job he isn't ready to disclose, not even any document to back it up. Like I said, sane Nigerians already know the truth. It's only the deceptive eediots among us that are talking otherwise.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by alexlee50: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Tokety7:
is he being persecuted?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by plaetton: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2016
Progressive01:
wtf. How does this affect what I wrote that you had to quote me?? I'm talking about the flaws in our jurisprudence and you are spitting and convulsing all over the floor for God-knows-what.

Na wa oo.

Correctly so.

You were lamenting flaws in our jurisprudence, and I was similarly lamenting how EFCC is making a caricature of same by their idiocy and bellicosity.

So, what's the problem.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2016
alexlee50:
is he being persecuted?

Nop. He is being prosecuted for eating our collective yams and eating his confessional statement like a goat.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by alexlee50: 9:03am On Feb 26, 2016
Tokety7:

Nop. He is being prosecuted for eating our collective yams and eating his confessional statement like a goat.
no problem about that, it is the burden of proof against him that will determine his guilt or not.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by plaetton: 9:04am On Feb 26, 2016
Tokety7:

Ur thinking process is obviously far below par and nauseating. It's making me puke. Are u ok? Is he not currently in a competent court of law? Will that stop me from forming my own opinion about the shameless fool who admitted he collected sums of money for a job he isn't ready to disclose, not even any document to back it up. Like I said, sane Nigerians already know the truth. It's only the deceptive eediots among us that are talking otherwise.

Oh shut up. undecided

Have you attended the trials, sifted through all facts in evidence in order to make a informed pronouncement of guilt on him, or , is your evidence against him based on deliberately manipulated media snippets you have read here on NL?

It is my sincere hope that you grow up and get yourself a brain.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Progressive01(m): 9:04am On Feb 26, 2016
plaetton:

Correctly so.

You were lamenting flaws in our jurisprudence, and I was similarly lamenting how EFCC is making a caricature of same by their idiocy and bellicosity.

So, what's the problem.
Errr, those are two different cases that bear no correlation- so why you had to quote me to state your lamentation is what I can't seem to understand.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2016
[s]
plaetton:

Oh shut up. undecided

Have you attended the trials, sifted through all facts in evidence in order to make a informed pronouncement of guilt on him, or , is your evidence against him based on deliberately manipulated media snippets you have read here on NL?

It is my sincere hope that you grow up and get yourself a brain.
[/s]

Still the same nauseating post. Haven't u also formed ur own opinion? Can u swear with ur life and seeds that u Av also gone through all facts presented in law court before forming ur opinion?
Again u seem to lack sense, dealings inside the law court is inconsequential to opinions formed by individuals. It's not even illegal. U are just blowing putrid air. Metuh is a yam eater. Deal with it. grin

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by freshvine(f): 9:13am On Feb 26, 2016
Tokety7:

See the result of media trial. Shallow minded.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 9:13am On Feb 26, 2016
alexlee50:
no problem about that, it is the burden of proof against him that will determine his guilt or not.

Agreed. However it has nothing to do with my opinion about the yam eater like it never did on Tewonde George. grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 9:16am On Feb 26, 2016
freshvine:

See the result of media trial. Shallow minded.

Even metuh told us that he collected money. When asked to do what, he said he will reveal in law court. Inside law court, he changed story, requesting that another cursed fool, Jonah-daft should be called to the stand. Metuh is a shameless yam eater biko.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Misterdhee1(m): 9:18am On Feb 26, 2016
An ordinary Nigerian is treated as a Common Nigerian in convictions, while people like Metuh are treated as Executive Criminals, even with more Crimes committed. I pity our Nation, in the hands of these hypocritical Judiciary!
Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by plaetton: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2016
Tokety7:
[s][/s]

Still the same nauseating post. Haven't u also formed ur own opinion? Can u swear with ur life and seeds that u Av also gone through all facts presented in law court before forming ur opinion?
Again u seem to lack sense, dealings inside the law court is inconsequential to opinions formed by individuals. It's not even illegal. U are just blowing putrid air. Metuh is a yam eater. Deal with it. grin

Little man,
Since you are confident enough to express your personal opinions in a public forum, them why are you CRYING all over the place when I use the same public forum to repudiate your silly opinions ? undecided

Cry baby.
Go and hug your TeddyBear. OK?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 9:24am On Feb 26, 2016
plaetton:

Little man,
Since you are confident enough to express your personal opinions in a public forum, them why are you CRYING all over the place when I use the same public forum to repudiate your silly opinions ? undecided

Cry baby.
Go and hug your TeddyBear. OK?

Confused being......

Don't u get it? I don't care what u or ur kind think or say. I just say my own and to hell with who is hurt. U qouted me first with ur senseless post and not me. That's a fact. U are the one disgruntled with my truth. I care less about ur deceitful posts.
Finally, if the owner of the forum has no issue with my ways in his forum, then who the Ffuck are u to raise objections?
Joker u are the one doing the crying for metuh the yam eater......Kiss my arse. grin

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 9:28am On Feb 26, 2016
Misterdhee1:
An ordinary Nigerian is treated as a Common Nigerian in convictions, while people like Metuh are treated as Executive Criminals, even with more Crimes committed. I pity our Nation, in the hands of these hypocritical Judiciary!

I feel ur pain. Yet shameless goons continue to fight for the cause of the executive yam eater.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by plaetton: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2016
Tokety7:

Confused being......

Don't u get it? I don't care what u or ur kind think or say. I just say my own and to hell with who is hurt. U qouted me first with ur senseless post and not me. That's a fact. U are the one disgruntled with my truth. I care less about ur deceitful posts.
Finally, if the owner of the forum has no issue with my ways in his forum, then who the Ffuck are u to raise objections?
Joker.....Kiss my arse. grin

The forum is not a motorpark. When you post something here, always expect to be challenged.

You are a Cry Baby simply because you have been CRYING all over the place since I challenged your opinion.

Grow up.

Meanwhile, run along and play with your TeddyBear.
Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by ernesty20(m): 9:30am On Feb 26, 2016
Only in zoo
Re: EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term by Tokety7: 9:35am On Feb 26, 2016
[s]
plaetton:

The forum is not a motorpark. When you post something here, always expect to be challenged.

You are a Cry Baby simply because you have been CRYING all over the place since I challenged your opinion.

Grow up.

Meanwhile, run along and play with your TeddyBear.
[/s]

U are the one behaving like an online thug wanting to impose ur satanic views on innocent minds. U have nothing of ur own to substantiate ur alleged challenge. Is just what u think and what u will love to happen.
Ur claim..... Metuh isn't a yam eater
My claim.... Metuh is a yam eater.

Live with ur views and u will live with mine. If mine annoys u, then go and die.
Metuh is a yam eater.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! / What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. / Buhari's Health: Tinubu Relocates To Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.