Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,380 members, 7,954,541 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

Operation Prove Your Programming Skills - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Operation Prove Your Programming Skills (5074 Views)

Nigerian Software Engineer given test to prove he is an engineer at JFK Airport / New Horizons Vs Hiit Vs Aptech - For Web Development & Programming Skills / Larisoft Clean Desktop: (re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by Knownpal(m): 1:29am On Feb 27, 2016
CodeHouse:

Is this difficult?

Maybe not but according to him baby coders can do it. Maybe he didn't get, he has to build and post.
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by asalimpo(m): 1:45am On Feb 27, 2016
silento:
Baby exercise for baby coders but anyway larsoft good work need more hard software that need more coders to work on we need peace among ourselves not levels

Maybe let us build our own video player and audio player for both pc and android

That will communicate with a website to tell u want is latest and hot for the month

Note: we will build the video and audio decoder ourselves

One group android and others pc

And maybe dhtml18 will be development manager
This is an application that requires domain knowledge.
So the complexity is'nt in the concept but understanding the concept
enough to model it in code.
E.g
i think mp3, mp4 and video files, require knowledge of signal processing,
and linear algebra to really understand what's going on under the hoood.
(correct me where i'm wrong).
It's not something some one who read a book on how to program in a language can just do.
How it moves from a file to something you watch/hear.
Creating autocad or 3d maya would be hard for those without domain knowledge.
and still hard for those who do - because of the huge time cost to create (man-years).

1 Like

Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by silento(m): 2:46am On Feb 27, 2016
Knownpal:
Silento you shouldn't call it baby, even if it looks like. It looks baby because you're thinking of the surface. Just punch your keyboard and.post the source codes that's all. All the utility tools you use on Windows looks babish to you? The ability of making a babish app do mighty things is called skills. As for your video stuffs why reinventing the wheel? grin. Just because you mention video shouldn't make baby coders scarred now, all you do there is call other people's API and library codes. Moral Lesson : never judge a book. Like which site will you be parsing your hot songs from?

as I said before we peace not war
if u think it is as easy as u said plz create a thread let people who are interested start rubbing mind

and let's teach each other things

note : Api is good but not as good as knowing what you are doing

I know python and c and c ++ not a hello world level but to a core level I hope you know what that means c programmers don't just use library they will always make sure they explore it and build a better one waiting for the thread
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by ChinenyeN(m): 3:01am On Feb 27, 2016
This obsession with OOP, I just wonder sometimes. So, if a program isn't OOP, it no longer has muscle enough to complete a task again? Anyway, I was bored and tired of working on my other projects. So, I decided I would use a little bit of my time to take on this challenge, since I have never done anything like this before. Forgive me while I break the rules a little and use a non-OOP language. I'm just doing this for fun. It's a bash script, you can check it out on my github.

https://github.com/vcnwosu/clean-desktop
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by Knownpal(m): 11:21am On Feb 27, 2016
silento:

as I said before we peace not war
if u think it is as easy as u said plz create a thread let people who are interested start rubbing mind

and let's teach each other things

note : Api is good but not as good as knowing what you are doing

I know python and c and c ++ not a hello world level but to a core level I hope you know what that means c programmers don't just use library they will always make sure they explore it and build a better one waiting for the thread

It's okay.
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by deedat205(m): 11:52am On Feb 27, 2016
Well done you guys. Please, I want to know the programming language I can use to build a software that can visit a site on its own. For example, if I have a word document full of domain names, the software should copy the first domain, head down to estibot dot com and appraise the domain, then move back to the word document and paste the value by the side of the domain. The software should then move to the next domain on the word document and on and on until the last domain.
I have a little knowledge of c#(console application and Windows form application). I think I can get things going if I know where to start from.
I will welcome whatever solution any one can come up with, whatever platform. I just need someone to tell me where to start from
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by FincoApps(m): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
deedat205:
Well done you guys. Please, I want to know the programming language I can use to build a software that can visit a site on its own. For example, if I have a word document full of domain names, the software should copy the first domain, head down to estibot dot com and appraise the domain, then move back to the word document and paste the value by the side of the domain. The software should then move to the next domain on the word document and on and on until the last domain.
I have a little knowledge of c#(console application and Windows form application). I think I can get things going if I know where to start from.
I will welcome whatever solution any one can come up with, whatever platform. I just need someone to tell me where to start from

You can use most programming languages for that. Just check about creating Http requests with that language. for example, in C#, it would look something like this

WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create(theUrl);
request.Method = "GET";
Stream dataStream = request.GetRequestStream();
Console.WriteLine(((HttpWebResponse)response).StatusDescription);
dataStream = response.GetResponseStream();
StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(dataStream);
string responseFromServer = reader.ReadToEnd();

//THEN YOU CAN DISPLAY THE RESPONSE FROM THE responseFromServer variable.
reader.Close();
dataStream.Close();
response.Close();

Then just use the above code in a thread and loop through the doc
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by airsaylongcon: 2:52am On Feb 29, 2016
larisoft:

I have solved your problem, bro. It took me an hour. its titled "Larisoft Clean Desktop". I will drop the larisoft name in it once its accepted as something useful and something everyone can work on.

The code is currently very basic, but serves the functions above.

If the guys here approve of my efforts, we can then work to make it better.

github :https://github.com/larisoft/cleanDesktop

You can download and install the app directly from

http://tfellow.com/larisoftCleanDesktop.zip

THANKS.

OP, larisoft clean desktop solved most of your requirements before you even posted this challenge. Myself and larisoft are not *coughs* best *cough cough* of *clears throat * friends. But I respect his world even though we don't see eye to eye
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by FincoApps(m): 8:32am On Feb 29, 2016
For those that are considering copying every file in a folder and subfolder and recreating that folder structure in the new location. You really do not need to stress yourself to right such function (if you don't like stress).

There is an xcopy command on cmd, it has the ability to copy a full folder. I once used it to copy the whole System32 folder to another partition. So you can use xcopy c:\users\FincoApps\site_files c:\users\FincoApps\WWW\

Then to run cmd commands in C#, use System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo cmd = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo("cmd.exe", "/c THE COMMAND HERE "wink;

I use this method to do a lot of tasks that are ridiculously difficult without breaking a sweat
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by Olumyco(m): 12:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
Well as regards moving web pages I don't think is difficult because even when u move d html alone it's folder will follow it...

If u copy or cut like shopping.html alone to a folder both shopping.html and shopping folder containing other files will be copied that is go into d folder at the same time...
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by bigt2(m): 1:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
larisoft:

I have solved your problem, bro. It took me an hour. its titled "Larisoft Clean Desktop". I will drop the larisoft name in it once its accepted as something useful and something everyone can work on.

The code is currently very basic, but serves the functions above.

If the guys here approve of my efforts, we can then work to make it better.

github :https://github.com/larisoft/cleanDesktop

You can download and install the app directly from

http://tfellow.com/larisoftCleanDesktop.zip

THANKS.
Help needed. It's urgent please.
Comment if you can help me. I need it and you'll need the outcome too. At least to be hundreds of thousands richer for you and I.
Deadline is 8pm.
As requested please.
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by bigt2(m): 1:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
airsaylongcon:

OP, larisoft clean desktop solved most of your requirements before you even posted this challenge. Myself and larisoft are not *coughs* best *cough cough* of *clears throat * friends. But I respect his world even though we don't see eye to eye
Comment if you can help me. I need it and you'll need the outcome too. At least to be hundreds of thousands richer for you and I.
Deadline is 8pm.
As requested please.
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by airsaylongcon: 1:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
bigt2:

Deadline is 8pm.
As requested please.

I don't get
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by bigt2(m): 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
Re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills by larisoft: 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
Full version of CleanDesktop is ready now.
This app, which simply keeps your desktop free of cluttering files, by moving every file to its appropriate folder has the following features:

1. starts by itself once system boots
2. Allows you to create custom extension
3. ALlows you to send commands to the application through the command line
4. Moves html files together with their resource folders.
5. It is open source and newbies and pros alike are welcome to modify, reuse, and criticize the code. Plus you can look at the code and see there's no shady deal going on behind the scenes...e.g. hidden viruses.

github link:
https://github.com/larisoft/cleanDesktop

app download link:
http://tfellow.com/cleandesktop.zip

cc: oga seunthomas, fincoapps, olumyco, donjayzi, knownpal, Danielthegeek, ,dammytosh, elfico, airsalongcon, diakon, dhtml18, pcguru, airsalangu, guru08 e.t.c.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Hack Nairaland In 30 Seconds. / Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate / Udemy Payment Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.