Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,855 members, 7,855,528 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts (5388 Views)

Mechanics , Touts, Hotels Tops Beneficiaries Of Lagos Island Flood / Bayelsa Indigenes Clash With Igbo Traders / Hausa Community And Traders Clash In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by Tallesty1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
Obiagelli:

You think anything good will come out of this? Africans don't learn
Learn from?
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by Qualer: 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
astrodome:
Can Lagos government and the Lagos Yorubas be a little bit more civilized and ''shofisticated'' in such business matters? Why not appoint recognized and corporate entities to collect these levies? Or better still automate the system so that fees and levies are paid to a bank account? Why use touts and illiterates to intimidate legit business people?

And the traders, can you not get yourselves organized and approach the government with a request to do things the right way? Can you not pay these levies directly to a Lagos Govt bank account? You are too big to allow illiterate uncouth touts to razzle you every now and then.

You all (Lagos govt, Lagos touts, and Ladipo traders) are a bunch of clowns in your zoo of a country. You can never get anything right.

the money is not for the government, if you know what i mean!!
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by otokx(m): 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
The same way students union go about harrassing and extorting business owners in the university.
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tallesty1:
Learn from?
Are you reading what's going in Ogoni?
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by MayorofLagos(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
astrodome:
Can Lagos government and the Lagos Yorubas be a little bit more civilized and ''shofisticated'' in such business matters? Why not appoint recognized and corporate entities to collect these levies? Or better still automate the system so that fees and levies are paid to a bank account? Why use touts and illiterates to intimidate legit business people?

And the traders, can you not get yourselves organized and approach the government with a request to do things the right way? Can you not pay these levies directly to a Lagos Govt bank account? You are too big to allow illiterate uncouth touts to razzle you every now and then.

You all (Lagos govt, Lagos touts, and Ladipo traders) are a bunch of clowns in your zoo of a country. You can never get anything right.

Baba lo ma pa e!

Two years ago when Government intervened and appointed Babaloja the traders protested. Now you are protesting against Monday Ijoba, a tax enforcer. You are in Yorubaland and our code of living is orderliness. If you cant conform head back to Biafra.

9 Likes

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by juman(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmmm.

Igbos are the traders while yorubas are the touts.

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by vivalavida(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Obiagelli:

I hope the news is not true else the traders/protesters are inviting the El zakzaki treatment.

And you said you are igbo?
Your people stood up for their right and you are typing this rubbish? Thinking of elzakazzy treatment and the lagoon treatment. Shame on you

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by kenny987(f): 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
asadike:
Inu kwa? I never knew am dis popular, so all u eat and drink is asadike? Better a mortuary attendant than a lazy sit at home internet warrior. Lest i forget, am patiently waiting to attend to your corpse since you are about to die on asadike issue.

Chai! Nne iji ya! Gwa ya okwu maka ihe gbasara ndi Igbo n'ere ya ahu oku!

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by Anticabal: 7:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
Obiagelli:

You think anything good will come out of this? Africans don't learn

Madam yoruba, what has been coming out of it for the past 100 years when Easterners weren't arming and defending themselves outside the east? Wait for it....killings and more killings of easterners for the past 100 years till today. You want that to continue? If anybody comes to sabon gari or any other place to kill easterners, he will also be wary of taking some bullets too.
Times have changed and Easterners have learnt to defend themselves anywhere they reside outside the east. I dare you and you almajiris to go and try repeating the 66' massacre.

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by astrodome: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Baba lo ma pa e!

Two years ago when Government intervened and appointed Babaloja the traders protested. Now you are protesting against Monday Ijoba, a tax enforcer. You are in Yorubaland and our code of living is orderliness. If you cant conform head back to Biafra.

Babaloja and Monday Ijoba (whareva) are both touts. They take from traders and don't even remit back to the govt. Hence the govt keeps coming for more on daily basis. Do it via direct bank payment; you lots are bush and apey in your reasoning.
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by Diademk07: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
See ipob source!
Article mentioned Punch yet it isn't punch!
Shameless clowns everywhere!
Na so you dey create trouble for yourself! You go soon draw govt attention to the said market which would later get demolished! Na so trouble sleep, you go wake am by creating an hoax on your useless ibo blog just to chestbeat! Continue!

2 Likes

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by naijaking1: 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Obiagelli:

I hope the news is not true else the traders/protesters are inviting the El zakzaki treatment.

Whether you like it or not, soon you will realize that he who pays the piper dictate the tune.
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by cheruv: 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
PentiumPro:
LASG should as a matter of urgency must shut down the market indefinitely to avoid unnecessary break down of law and order, until the traders sign an undertaking to be law-abiding.
Why shut down when the traders can be expelled from Lagos
Destroy the market joor!
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by iblawi(m): 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
astrodome:

Wondering what you mean by Lagos Yoruba.
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by cheruv: 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Anticabal:

Let me tell you a secret, Igbos are now arming themselves outside Igboland, they started arming themselves prior to the 2015 election when the almajiris from north were threatening fire and brimstone. When Buhari was declared winner, Hausas in ketu were shooting guns in the air in celebration. I witnessed it myself
Now you tell me, if Buhari had lost, who would they have shot with those bullets if not Easterners.

Easterners are endangered people, if people continue to kill you for 100 years and you do nothing, even God will curse you.
The blood of Igbos is what's fueling the engine of Nigeria's unity. The first Igbos to be killed by northerners was in 1908 at Kaura Namoda,and since then the killing hasn't abated. The climax was during the great patriotic war of 1967 in which 1½ million of our children were starved to death cry my happiness is that Igbo youths are now questioning that arrangement, though the presence of traitors like rochas,ngige won't make it easy.

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by kuuljay(m): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
asadike:
Ndi igbo are finally waking up from their slumber, yoruba people are biting more than they can chew and my people will give it to them in full measure. Rip to d dead. Finally, ndi igbo my people, its time to bear akulueulo. Invest more in igboland and let lazy yorubas lord it over themselves. Ndi ara.
am not yoruba but clearly Yorubas arc the most hospitable tribe in Nigeria it's only in yoruba land that other tribes contest elections and win it can't happen in igbo land can it? Don't let little problems clowd your reasoning,igbos will dare not riot in kano it's suicidal,however I condemn the whole issue and want it settled without further violence

3 Likes

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by Beremx(f): 8:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Diademk07:

See ibo clowns masturbating on a false news!
Yeye people!
The news is not false. My husband was at Ladipo yesterday to buy some spare parts and he told me same story.

It's high time LASG did something about this agberoism in Lagos. The other day, LASU students protested against illegal extortion of money from their school buses that convey students.

Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by astrodome: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
iblawi:

Wondering what you mean by Lagos Yoruba.

Yorubas in Lagos. These touts are Lagos Yorubas, not Osogbo or Ekiti Yorubas

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$200 Billion To Be Repatriated Back To Nigeria From Dubai In Few Days / This Is The Man Who Lost Africa To China, / BREAKING: UN Attack Nigeria Over Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Reparation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.