Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,866 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts (5369 Views)

Mechanics , Touts, Hotels Tops Beneficiaries Of Lagos Island Flood / Bayelsa Indigenes Clash With Igbo Traders / Hausa Community And Traders Clash In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by Mckennedy: 12:12am On Feb 27, 2016
Obiagelli:
It was learnt that policemen and soldiers mobilized to the scene, but
some of the protesters reportedly fired gunshots to chase them away.

Huh?

Na yoruba media they're good in twisting stories,,, that's why I'm investing back home now...I won't invest more in lagos.
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by amunkita(m): 1:12am On Feb 27, 2016
PentiumPro:
LASG should as a matter of urgency must shut down the market indefinitely to avoid unnecessary break down of law and order, until the traders sign an undertaking to be law-abiding.

Am sure ur husband/husband to be, is a tout...
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by theDEVILisHERE: 1:24am On Feb 27, 2016
Chiwude:
The comment in bold is careless and uncalled for. You don't prove a point by attacking your host. But, other parts ofit is a wake up call to Ndigbo to think east, invest in Igboland and create physical structures like seaports and other infrastructures that can make Lagos unattractive. :oThe comment in bold is careless and uncalled for. You don't prove a point by attacking your host. Many of you staying in the East are fond of making careless statement. But, your comment in general is a wake up call to Ndigbo to think east, invest in Igboland and create physical structures like seaports and other infrastructures that can make Lagos unattractive.

There is nothing careless about that statement

Your property is part of your life

If someone comes for your property
He/she is indirectly coming for your life

In this case
You are permitted to go for that persons life also before he/she takes yours
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by saintkel(m): 6:49am On Feb 27, 2016
Anticabal:

Let me tell you a secret, Igbos are now arming themselves outside Igboland, they started arming themselves prior to the 2015 election when the almajiris from north were threatening fire and brimstone. When Buhari was declared winner, Hausas in ketu were shooting guns in the air in celebration. I witnessed it myself.
Now you tell me, if Buhari had lost, who would they have shot with those bullets if not Easterners.

Easterners are endangered people, if people continue to kill you for 100 years and you do nothing, even God will curse you. It is now 'kill me, i kill you".
Bros I no go lie u, am beginning to think we Igbos are not part of Nigeria. We r purely marginalized
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 27, 2016
vivalavida:

And you said you are igbo?
Your people stood up for their right and you are typing this rubbish? Thinking of elzakazzy treatment and the lagoon treatment. Shame on you
Usually i don't reply shallow comments like yours, if you think carrying arms is self defense, you are unintelligent.
Shallow minds will fight wars and in the end achieve absolutely nothing. Go and read African history.
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by sweetgala(m): 7:09am On Feb 27, 2016
astrodome:
Can Lagos government and the Lagos Yorubas be a little bit more civilized and ''shofisticated'' in such business matters? Why not appoint recognized and corporate entities to collect these levies? Or better still automate the system so that fees and levies are paid to a bank account? Why use touts and illiterates to intimidate legit business people?

And the traders, can you not get yourselves organized and approach the government with a request to do things the right way? Can you not pay these levies directly to a Lagos Govt bank account? You are too big to allow illiterate uncouth touts to razzle you every now and then.

You all (Lagos govt, Lagos touts, and Ladipo traders) are a bunch of clowns in your zoo of a country. You can never get anything right.

What concerns Lagos yoruba in the matter of LGA and it's use of certain individuals in Collection of levies and the inappropriate behavior of said individual.

Put the lago government to task as a citizen if your welfare is being abused and leave it at that and keep the word Yoruba out of your mouth, Lagos has been more than accommodating to all that have come there for a better life it's indigenes deserve better than to be accused of such they have no stake in.

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by sweetgala(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2016
astrodome:

Yorubas in Lagos. These touts are Lagos Yorubas, not Osogbo or Ekiti Yorubas

What about the members of the NURTW in lagos who are Igbo what do you call them. And I know there are many thousands

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by vivalavida(m): 7:53am On Feb 27, 2016
Obiagelli:

Usually i don't reply shallow comments like yours, if you think carrying arms is self defense, you are unintelligent.
Shallow minds will fight wars and in the end achieve absolutely nothing. Go and read African history.

then what is self defense?
stop defending nonsense all the time. it makes you look dumb. rubbish

1 Like

Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by kettykin: 8:22am On Feb 27, 2016
Please can we advise our top businessmen operating in lagos to stop divestment to the east. This is more important today than it was in 1967 , igbos have over invested in lagos and are now having diminishing return on investment and the local almajiri are not helping things

A little business intelligence when applied by numerous igbo businessmen would see capital investment in projects going east, like car plants, refinery plants, lubricant plants, lagos as it is unfolding today should no longer be a business destination for igbos.

The refinery projects by iheanacho if planted in oguta or even Aba with the cooperation of the imo or Abia state governmentwould see to the creation of of more than 100 000 opportunities, meanwhile the number of igbo traders in Ladipo is below 10,000. If 4 of such investment in the east would lead to almost 1000000 opportunities and a bandwagon effect on every other business like haulage, real estate, retail and support services
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by gabbytabby: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2016
There is too much extortion in lagos but then Nigerian's don't like to pay any levies but expect things to function so one needs to know what the issue is.
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by BeClever: 12:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
vivalavida:

And you said you are igbo?
Your people stood up for their right and you are typing this rubbish? Thinking of elzakazzy treatment and the lagoon treatment. Shame on you

Pls he or she is not Igbo.. So don't bother urself for any reason.

Must of then here and like in other Social Media platforms pretend to be Igbos to get attention..

He or she is from South_waste.
Re: One Person Confirmed Dead As Angry Igbo Traders Clash With Ladipo Market Touts by CzarChris(m): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2016
vivalavida:

then what is self defense?
stop defending nonsense all the time. it makes you look dumb. rubbish
Nna, hapu okwu, onye a aburo onye igbo.

Enyi ya kee way? Ana ebi? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP – We Are Yet To Take A Position On NASS Leadership / Nnamdi Kanu, Nigerian Separatist Leader, Resurfaces In Israel. BBC / Ohanaeze Faction Tells Umahi To Step Up As Pillar Of Strength For Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.