Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,802 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ (5647 Views)

Mtn Nigeria Tariff Plans And The Best For You Mtn Trutalk?( Strickly 4 Businees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by Slimfeez(m): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Evathyst:
Same here o! The cancellation really touched me. Since yesterday, I've been afraid of making any calls.

Any good samaritan in the house should please come up with any better tariff plan from other networks o. I can't fit to shout abeg. lipsrsealed
... with airtel smart talk, u will have d same tariff plan charges on airtel at d rate of 11k per secs .... just dial *315# and u re good to go

1 Like

Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by Slimfeez(m): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
Airtel SmartTalk tariff plan is an exciting prepaid plan that allows you to call all networks in Nigeria at the rate of 11k/sec (11 kobo per second). The eleven kobo per second (11k/sec) starts from the very first second of your call, but it attracts a daily access fee of N5. Remember that Etisalat Easylife 4.0 which allows you to make all calls at 11k/sec also.
How To Migrate To Airtel SmartTalk Plan To migrate to Airtel SmartTalk plan, just dial *315#, or you can send YES to 315. After successful migration, you will start making calls to your families, friends, and everyone in Nigeria at the rate of 11k/sec all day and all night. Local calls will be at 11k/sec while international calls such as calls to UK, USA, Canada, India, and China will be at 20k/sec.

1 Like

Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by Evathyst(f): 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
Slimfeez:
... with airtel smart talk, u will have d same tariff plan charges on airtel at d rate of 11k per secs .... just dial *315# and u re good to go
Any terms & condition or hidden charges?

Besides, thanks for the prompt response. That's why I like Nairalanders. wink
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
demo4ril97:
Bascats' dem wan use me pay NCC fine awon eleribu 2016%.. Glo on ma mind anything wey no go make me buy am I bind.

Glo everything don increase
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by Richiy(f): 7:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
In fact, I cried when I got the message. They made Zone unbearable, now they V killed trutalk+, typical.

1 Like

Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by charlsecy(m): 9:38am On Feb 28, 2016
Evathyst:
Any terms & condition or hidden charges?
No hidden charges, just a daily access fee of N5 which is applicable only on days you make a call. That is comparatively nothing.

danot1030:
...please remind me the code again.
Evathyst:
Any good samaritan in the house should please come up with any better tariff plan from other networks o.
AwesomeRomeo:
Pls any other network that has the same plan?
adeememman:
is there a similar plan on etisalat?

Suggested Cheaper Alternatives:

Etisalat Easylife Limited Edition: Text 1 to 420 or dial *420*1# .

Airtel SmartTalk: Dial *315# or text YES to 315.

Glo 11k/s Prepaid Plan: *100*6*1#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by mindtricks: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
charlsecy:
I got a piece of SMS advice from MTN that TruTalk+ tariff plan is no longer supported. All current TruTalk+ users, I discovered from balance enquiry, have been auto-migrated to a much costlier TruTalk plan.

Recall that TruTalk+ which charged an average of N6.6 per minute to all national networks was arguably the cheapest in MTN's basket of tariff plans.

What possibly could have informed this "customer-unfriendly" attitude?

credit: http://www.mobiletechbits.com/

Look not too far, they are trying to cut their "loses", and are aversed to offering their seemingly bewitched customers unbeatable tariffs which their other rivals freely give.

MTN and their evil ways of extorting more than necessary from their many uniformed customers.
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by itoje9(m): 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
hope mtn pulse is still on. I hope it hasn't been cancelled?
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by ellguapo: 1:01am On Feb 29, 2016
For those of us who can't really port, which other tarrif will serve as a close alternative to truetalk+
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by adetonaz(m): 6:04am On Mar 08, 2016
Slimfeez:
please I do receive 100% bonus on recharge and also use the sim for 100 1gb weekend plan hope the smart talk won't affect me. Someone pls help
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by donhils: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
adetonaz:
please I do receive 100% bonus on recharge and also use the sim for 100 1gb weekend plan hope the smart talk won't affect me. Someone pls help
It's possible it will affect it. You never can tell with all these network people.
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by Functionoftime(m): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
foriz4u:
don't mind those mtn ppl... some days back I made a call to their customer care service complaining how they charge me 3x my normal tariff of N6.6k when ever I borrow from them. the lady contested that there's no way I could make about 14-15min calls with 100naira I told her I was on trutalk+ she said wat she sees is trutalk of 24k/s... I ended the call only to reviewed a text today that the trutalk+ has been disabled.

men so painful but not too bad anyways, cos my glo serves me even with better tariff than the mtn trutalk+ so the can go to SA hell for all I care.
What's the tarrif?
How do I migrate?
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by donhils: 8:20am On Mar 11, 2016
Guess what? Since they canceled that plan I've never recharged my mtn line again and won't be doing so in a long time coming. Shey they want me to be paying more for calls, now they won't be getting anything at all from me.
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by iheanyi40(m): 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
donhils:
Guess what? Since they canceled that plan I've never recharged my mtn line again and won't be doing so in a long time coming. Shey they want me to be paying more for calls, now they won't be getting anything at all from me.
bro which one is d cheapest 4 making calls now
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by donhils: 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2016
iheanyi40:
bro which one is d cheapest 4 making calls now
Etisalat easylife 4.0 is similar to that mtn Truetalk +. You can use it if you have etisalat line.
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by iheanyi40(m): 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
donhils:

Etisalat easylife 4.0 is similar to that mtn Truetalk +. You can use it if you have etisalat line.
I don't have Etisalat, will buy on Monday tho, thanks
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by yourmajesty247(m): 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
Don't mind dem. Diaris alternative frm oda network providers... 4 etisalat easy life 4.0 dial *420*1#.
Airtel smart talk= *315#
Glo gbam plus= *100*6*1#
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by yourmajesty247(m): 10:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
Don't mind dem. Diaris alternative frm oda network providers... 4 etisalat easy life 4.0 dial *420*1#.
Airtel smart talk= *315#
Glo gbam plus= *100*6*1#
All d above packages are similar to mtn true talk+ #SHIKENA#
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by ValueAddin: 6:08am On Mar 16, 2016
It is actually not MTN's fault. Part of the reason for their sanctions was as a result of this tariff plan. NCC claims the plan was not approved before it was rolled out and this was since May last year. See below:

Thisday (May 25, 2015) - NCC STOPS MTN’S NEW TARIFF PLANS

NCC at the weekend, ordered MTN Nigeria to stop implementing its new tariff plan called MTN TruTalk+ or face serious sanction. NCC, the telecoms industry regulator, said it did not grant approval for the promo, which is already running. The Commission also barred MTN from further advertisement of such service in the print, electronic media or websites. In a letter dated May 19, 2015 with ref No NCC/ MTN/18/15 and signed by the Head Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement, Mr. Efosa Idehen and Head, Legal and Regulatory Services, Mrs. Yetumnde Akinloye, the Commission said the records of the Commission showed that the operator has no approval of the regulatory authority before embarking on the new promotional tariff plan. According to the Commission, its Compliance Unit revealed that the new tariff with daily access fee of N5, allows subscribers to call all networks at 11k/sec and N20k/sec to UK , USA, India, Canada and China. The Commission’s investigations showed that MTN Nigeria has already configured this tariff plan on their network and has therefore implemented same without the Appropriate regulatory approval. It said the action contravenes section 108 (1) of the Nigeria Communications Act 2003.

http://www.ncc.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&id=1686&Itemid=130
Re: MTN Cancels Their Cheapest Talk Plan, Trutalk+ by iheanyi40(m): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
donhils:

bro got d Etisalat Sim, but couldn't activate d plan

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why Mtn Say 'Thankyou' For Every Reacharge Card You Load (photo) / Can A Lost Or Stolen Phone Be Tracked While Switched Off / Is Snapdragon Really Better Than MTK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.