Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Celestial Church Leadership Crisis : OBJ Plays Peace Maker - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church Leadership Crisis : OBJ Plays Peace Maker (1266 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi / Police Seal Ogun Celestial Church Where 9 Year Old Boy Was Chained (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celestial Church Leadership Crisis : OBJ Plays Peace Maker by Theyveedo(m): 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
By Leke Adeseri, South West Regional Editor

The former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo has said that the unity of the Celestial Churches of Christ (CCC) all over the world is of utmost importance to him. He made the submission during the week, at his hilltop mansion in Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital when the Oshoffa family and some leaders of the church paid him a courtesy visit.
Leading the delegation to Obasanjo was the unified leader of the Celestial churches worldwide, Rev. Olatosho Matthew Oshoffa, who said the visit was part of a process to settle the acrimony that had surrounded the leadership of the church in the recent past.
The Celestial church as a body had been embroiled in a fierce battle between surviving sons of the founder of the church, late Prophet Samuel Bilehou Oshoffa and some leaders that all claimed to be supreme head of the church in their various domains. Various leaders of the church such as Rev. Mobiyina Oshoffa, Rev. Paul Maforikan, Rev. Bolanle Shonekan, a trustee of the church, Pastor Owodunni, Rev. Orovboni and Rev. Akinsoji have all laid claims to the spiritual headship of CCC operating from their individual domains.
The battle caused deep divisions within the fold; a development which has taken a toll on the functions of the church and its recognition by various organizations and government.
The dispute led to a protracted court cases, which was eventually resolved via the judgement of Justice A. O Asenuga of an Ogun state High Court sitting in Ilaro, Ogun state Nigeria on 26th March, 2015.
Supreme position
Rev. Shonekan had approached the court seeking it to declare him the substantive head of the church, but in his judgement, the trial judge nullified the erstwhile leadership claims of Rev. Mobiyina Oshoffa and all his structures, ordering him not to parade himself as the supreme head of the church. It also declared all actions and decisions earlier taken by Mobiyina as null and void and of no effect.
The same order equally affected the petitioner and all other claimants to the supreme position. Asenuga had relied on a supreme court judgement delivered in the case of late Prophet Abiodun Bada which made it impossible for persons to simultaneously lay claim to the position of the leader in the event of disputes such as this.
It was on this strength that Rev. Olatosho emerged to unify the whole body as it’s spiritual head and lay to rest the tussles.
At Obasanjo’s residence, Rev. Olatosho Oshoffa said; “We are happy that an end has finally come to the unsavoury situation we found ourselves in the church between my brothers and other leaders in different locations. I want to assure that we are now a united family and the glory of the Celestial church worldwide will continue to shine and it will fulfil it’s mandate in both the service of God and adding colour to the destiny of its members”. Continuing, he said, “we are here today to brief you of the developments and seek your counsel as a father to us and someone who has been a great friend of the church since the days of our fathers in fostering unity within our family and the church”.
Olatosho said further, “my vision as the unified head is to see that there is peace in all of our churches and all the leaders function as laid down within the divine order delivered to our fore bearers. We intend to develop the international headquarters at Imeko into a true convergence ground worthy of the purpose it was created at the beginning. Individuals, private organizations and even governments at different levels will only identify with us if there is unity of purpose among us; and this is the task before me which I hope to accomplish with the support of my people.”
Resolution of conflict
In his response, Obasanjo thanked the delegation for deeming it fit to visit him. He said, “Almighty God is the creator of the church and He alone has the power to resolve any conflict within it.
I am happy to hear that peace has finally returned and for me personally, the unity and unification of the Celestial Churches worldwide is very paramount to me because this is a big church that has a deep history and any division whatsoever will not serve its interest either now or in the future . I do not take sides in any dispute and the court has spoken which must be respected”. He continued, “I encourage you to be strong, embark on this task with all fairness and do all within your powers to unite the church”.
Obasanjo however promised to look into the matter again and offer his support in ensuring lasting peace and unity within the Celestial family.
Also in attendance during the parley of the unification leader CCC World wide, Rev. Olatosho Matthew Oshoffa with Chief Obasanjo were members of the Oshoffa family and senior ministers of the church such as the Rev Mobiyina Oshoffa , Ven. Superior Z. A Okunlola and Ven. Superior Evan. Ebenezer Oshoffa among others.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/celestial-church-crisis-obasanjo-plays-peace-maker/
Re: Celestial Church Leadership Crisis : OBJ Plays Peace Maker by chiefolododo(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ebora gbogbo
Re: Celestial Church Leadership Crisis : OBJ Plays Peace Maker by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
From a celestian point of view....this is mtschew......
Re: Celestial Church Leadership Crisis : OBJ Plays Peace Maker by Skako(m): 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
alhamdulilha am a muslim in islam selection of leader base on iqma and iman wisdow and knowlege of islam

if truely they wan serve God why fighting

(1) (Reply)

Loving Gorilla More Than Jesus? / Dynamics Of Soul Winning / Will You Be Attending Reinhard Bonnke's Farewell Crusade?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.