Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,722 members, 7,840,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

The Encounter With Mr Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Encounter With Mr Governor (495 Views)

Biafra: Women's Conference Continues In Abiriba After Bitter Encounter With Army / Abike Dabiri's Encounter With Pro-Biafrans In Toronto (Pictures) / Zuriel Oduwole Who Interviewed Buhari Has To Say This After The Encounter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Encounter With Mr Governor by dav8id(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2016
Barr Ruqqayat Tijjani Usman: The Encounter With Mr Governor
I have spoken with her twice. She is a lawyer working with the Ministry of Justice, Nasarawa state.
On Monday this week, she was invited to Nasarawa State Government House, Lafia to attend a meeting with the Permanent Secretary, Government House. The reason of the meeting was not disclosed to her. When she insisted on knowing the reason, she was told it has something to do with some legal issues at the government house and her services were needed. On reaching government house, she was asked
to wait at the Governor's waiting room.
After some time, she was asked to come inside. She was shocked to find the Governor, and some cabinet members seated. The SSA media to the Governor asked her whether she is @rukey_teejay. She answered that her name is Barrister Ruqayyat.
She was then asked if she could remember her posts on Twitter about the strikes in Nasarawa state. She said yes. The Governor then asked why was she attacking his government? He continued by informing her that his people have been following and watching her for long. He asked what has he done to her to warrant such attacks?
She tried as much as she could to let the Governor understand that she meant no harm and her posts were done with good intentions as correction measures.
The SSA media to the Governor thereafter asked her about another post on Lassa fever which he considered too harsh against their government. All her attempts to make the Governor and his cabinet members to understand she meant no harm fell on deaf ears.
She apologized and the Governor
told her there is no problem. This happened on Monday 22nd February, 2016. Her parents reached at the Governor directly and indirectly through some traditional and community leaders to plead with the Governor. She was assured there was no problem, only for her to be called this morning and served with the termination letter, dated 25th February, 2016.
This is the story directly from Barrister Ruqayyat Tijanni Usman, the lady who was sacked by the Nasarawa State Government.
-Hamza Ibrahim Baba
Re: The Encounter With Mr Governor by dgitrader(m): 9:11am On Feb 28, 2016
primitive politicians
Re: The Encounter With Mr Governor by ziky2010(m): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2016
How on earth wld u be on my payroll and still av d gut to insult me.I can't be feeding u and u wlbe disrespecting me

(1) (Reply)

The U-turn On The #5,000 Stipend Payment: A Nigerian Youth Writes. / Swiss Govt Plans To Return Another $321 Million In Abacha Loot, People React / Biafra: IPOB Names Ekwueme, Anyaoku , Others As Negotiators With US Congressmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.