Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Have You Ever Been Disciplined In Church Via Suspension? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Been Disciplined In Church Via Suspension? (1027 Views)

Nicholas Anyanwu Wins Lawsuit As Abuja Court Nullifies His Suspension / Pastor Oritsejafor & His Wife Kiss In Church (Photos) / Guy Dancing In Church Chased By Ushers (Hilarious Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Disciplined In Church Via Suspension? by lukaino(m): 9:02am On Feb 28, 2016
Growing up, I belonged to a Pentecostal church where church members who engaged in extra marital affairs are openly disgraced before the full congregation. This usually happens on Sunday mornings when the church is very full.

The parties to the sin are called out, suspended and handed over to the devil for the duration of the suspension.
They are made to stop all church work, no offerings, must attend all services, shall not be greeted by anyone and shall seat separately from others on a special seat placed at the end of the hall.

The person under suspension is expected to remain in the church to serve out the suspension period. Any attempt to leave the Church will mean that such a person will be followed by a devastating curse wherever he/she goes.

Similarly, members who give birth to children out of wedlock are equally disciplined by suspension.
Now, if Flavour was in my church, he would have been suspended for having children outside wedlock and the church would never accept those equipments he presented to the church.
I remember the story of a brother who was on suspension and bought his first car and brought to church and nobody congratulated him or prayed for him.
The church was simply obeying the scriptural injunction of open rebuke.

Is this still tenable in today's church?

What's your experience and does this still happen in other churches today?
How are baby mamas and papas treated in your church?
Re: Have You Ever Been Disciplined In Church Via Suspension? by Swissheart(f): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2016
In my church.... It is only when the offender is a worker that he is suspended from working in the church. Not talking to them or not greeting them is nothing but hypocrisy.
Re: Have You Ever Been Disciplined In Church Via Suspension? by Ludated(m): 9:25am On Feb 28, 2016
Mine was nt 2d extreme u painted.howeva, i was placed on 3months suspension while my seriousnes 2church activities contributed 2d lifting of d suspension even b4 d expiration.aldou,while servin ma 'sentense'i did not partake in communion
Re: Have You Ever Been Disciplined In Church Via Suspension? by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2016
op. am wondering what punishment would be given to if he was from your church 2face; may be sentence him to eternal suspension? ;Dop. am wondering what punishment would be given to if he was from your church 2face; may be sentence him to eternal suspension?
Re: Have You Ever Been Disciplined In Church Via Suspension? by bodejohn(m): 10:02am On Feb 28, 2016
The church is not a gathering of saints and angels and Jesus Christ did not come to save the righteous but the lost and sinners.

If we take this stance against people who have slipped, we are only condemning those who Christ himself had shed his blood for.

When pastors err...we say don't judge but when members err they are disgraced publicly like you have discribed.

I strongly belief that each one should face the concequescies of their actions but punishment should be melted out with mercy.
Re: Have You Ever Been Disciplined In Church Via Suspension? by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 28, 2016
I think cursing them for leaving is too extreme. It's important that the church does not become a spiritual prison for its members.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience In A Church Today / Urim: Sporadic Shooting In A Church Is Very Imminent / Islam And Their Fake Moon God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.