Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

My Experience In A Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience In A Church Today (1034 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / Reason(s) For Missing Church Today (2) (3) (4)

My Experience In A Church Today by Ptoocool(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
So, I was invited by a friend to his church today (name withheld) and during the course of the service, a man who was introduced using only his first name came up stage..

Without much ado, the said man says he wants to introduce the newest couple in town to the congregation. He therefore called out a man and another lady outta the congregation. Of course they were both looking 'couplelic' lol.

He instructed them to face the whole congregation and said standing right here is Mr. & Mrs. **** so, anyone seeing them together henceforth should regard n' treat them as such. He then told the whole congregation to pray for them and he as well went ahead and showered his blessings upon them..

So many thought were running through my head when I saw the 'seriousness' on his face and that of those sitting round about me. I mean, he is introducing a newly wedded not members of the church caught committing one atrocity or the other, so why that tone in his voice..

After the service, due to my inquisiveness, I asked my friend what that was all about. That was when he made me realized the man is actually the General Overseer (G.O.) of the church and the bridegroom is his biological son..

OK, aside that, the G.O. is a rich man even before he got the 'call' cos he actually came from a royal family and at a particular point in his ministry, single_handedly invited the world renowned evangelist Reinhard Bonnke to minister during one of the church great outreach that is without the help or interference from C.A.N. or what have you..

My friend said further that the bridegroom who happens to be his first son got married just yesterday at a marriage registry. I know some people by now would be thinking what I was thinking (maybe the bride don carry belle) hey, we are wrong oo..

It was reported that the couple was only practising what the G.O. had been preaching on moderation (not because they can't afford a flamboyant wedding). So, instead of inviting a large pool of well wishers all over the country and beyond, they simply kept it cool with few people including members from both families, the G.O. and some church members..

My question now is, if this isn't godliness, what do we call it?

Have yo say..

Re: My Experience In A Church Today by Chopet(m): 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
??
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by saintikechi(m): 1:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
Please what's the address of that church? I need to look for my missing rib there.
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by kolawolepeters(m): 1:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
saintikechi:
Please what's the address of that church? I need to look for my missing rib there.

SMH-ing for you.
Who told you your rib is missing? Look deep within bro, shit is right inside of you..
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by Ptoocool(m): 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
Chopet:
??
look at this gateman (abi no be gate u dey open for ur dp so), why you dey take question mark block ma post na? Are you that short of words to say or you're just as confused as you look?

saintikechi:
no be only missing rib, u no dey find ur missing balls? lols.
As for the address of the church, ma reply is still a NO..
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by saintikechi(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ptoocool:
look at this gateman, why you dey take question mark block ma post? Are you that short of words to say or you're just as confused as you look?

no be only missing rib, u no dey find ur missing balls? lols.
As for the address of the church, ma reply is still a NO..

You selfish o......
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by saintikechi(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
kolawolepeters:

SMH-ing for you.
Who told you your rib is missing? Look deep within bro, shit is right inside of you..

Enemy of progress. You don't want me to marry from that church abi?
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by saintikechi(m): 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
kolawolepeters:

SMH-ing for you.

Re: My Experience In A Church Today by asalimpo(m): 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
How many replies were relevant to the thread?!
- Seun, please derail option in the links so that irrelevant comments can be folded.
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by kolawolepeters(m): 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
saintikechi:

Nawa oo, wetin 'consign' me, goan marry there naa. Ah dey hol you ni? I only said nothing is missing for your body.
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by saintikechi(m): 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
kolawolepeters:

Nawa oo, wetin 'consign' me, goan marry there naa. Ah dey hol you ni? I only said nothing is missing for your body.

Oya supply the address nah
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ptoocool:
So, I was invited by a friend to his church today (name withheld) and during the course of the service, a man who was introduced using only his first name came up stage..

Without much ado, the said man says he wants to introduce the newest couple in town to the congregation. He therefore called out a man and another lady outta the congregation. Of course they were both looking 'couplelic' lol.

He instructed them to face the whole congregation and said standing right here is Mr. & Mrs. **** so, anyone seeing them together henceforth should regard n' treat them as such. He then told the whole congregation to pray for them and he as well went ahead and showered his blessings upon them..

So many thought were running through my head when I saw the 'seriousness' on his face and that of those sitting round about me. I mean, he is introducing a newly wedded not members of the church caught committing one atrocity or the other, so why that tone in his voice..

After the service, due to my inquisiveness, I asked my friend what that was all about. That was when he made me realized the man is actually the General Overseer (G.O.) of the church and the bridegroom is his biological son..

OK, aside that, the G.O. is a rich man even before he got the 'call' cos he actually came from a royal family and at a particular point in his ministry, single_handedly invited the world renowned evangelist Reinhard Bonnke to minister during one of the church great outreach that is without the help or interference from C.A.N. or what have you..

My friend said further that the bridegroom who happens to be his first son got married just yesterday at a marriage registry. I know some people by now would be thinking what I was thinking (maybe the bride don carry belle) hey, we are wrong oo..

It was reported that the couple was only practising what the G.O. had been preaching on moderation (not because they can't afford a flamboyant wedding). So, instead of inviting a large pool of well wishers all over the country and beyond, they simply kept it cool with few people including members from both families, the G.O. and some church members..

My question now is, if this isn't godliness, what do we call it?

Have yo say..
Love it.
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by Ptoocool(m): 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
asalimpo:
How many replies were relevant to the thread?!
- Seun, please derail option in the links so that irrelevant comments can be folded.
didn't know you noticed too, bunch of derailers everywhere.. I was asking for people's opinion, one was booking space, another was asking for the church address.
Re: My Experience In A Church Today by asalimpo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ptoocool:

didn't know you noticed too, bunch of derailers everywhere.. I was asking for people's opinion, one was booking space, another was asking for the church address.
Yeah , I noticed. Too many kids/unserious posters on this forum. Killing the atmosphere for deep/serious discussion.

Re: My Experience In A Church Today by Khaytunechi: 4:26am On Mar 14, 2016
Godliness.. Modesty.. Contentment.. Simplicity..

Which Church Do You Think That Is The Richest In Nigeria. / Help!! My Sister Wants To Marry An Usher At Olumba Olumba / Top 14 Ridiculous Muslim Statements