Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

What I Saw In An Airline Today. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Saw In An Airline Today. (57170 Views)

Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' / What's The Seats Layout In An Airline? / A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by nbright: 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
Naija nd manage

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Ehins22(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
grin
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Sanchase: 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
Its Arik local flight, I was on the same flight but i had to get off half way when i saw the sign.

4 Likes

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Marshallian(m): 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
since its not for use...... Why d hell was it constructed or attached....
Nigerian Enemies at work
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by tosyne2much(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
I saw the same thing yesterday when I boarded Arik airline to Ekiti... All these Nigerian planes sha.. Sha

*nobody should quote me* cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by holadguy(m): 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
Prevention is better than cure
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by dyn1800: 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
This a needless post
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by stanley000: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
only in nigeria airlines
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
Arik......

Flyers in the seat pockets.
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by royallord1(m): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
ARIK AIR.... AFTER ALL THIS WHILE... U GUYS HAVENT FIXED DIS STUFF... I SAW DIS SINCE DECEMBER.... WHEN I FLEW WITH EM'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Sanchez01: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
It is Arik!grin
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by 9japrof(m): 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
BeClever:

Bros just tune it down.. .we can't rubbish them now Pls..

We need the save the naira by all means necessary...

spare me the save the naira bullshit, because the economy is bad, they are making you and me believe in the buy naija to grow the naira. The same idiot who told you that still printed a recent book in the US.

Criticize the airline squarely by mentioning their name, that would make them change. Most times it only through embarrassment that this companies change. If it is Arik that did this bullshit, call them by name and don't spare them, abi your papa Na shareholder there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by NaLaugh: 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
Owoloku1:
OP it's because of the emergency exits located behind the seats

If those trays are in use and there's an emergency they could impede movement

Yeah, but that's pretty terrible, aesthetically.
If I had to stare at that all through a long flight, I might punch someone in the face.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Taiwo20(m): 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
And super glue is still #50

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by BeClever: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
9japrof:

spare me the save the naira bullshit, because the economy is bad, they are making you and me believe in the buy naija to grow the naira. The same idiot who told you that still printed a recent book in the US.

Criticize the airline squarely by mentioning their name, that would make them change. Most times it only through embarrassment that this companies change. If it is Arik that did this bullshit, call them by name and don't spare them, abi your papa Na shareholder there

OK ooh, I don't have strength to talk about this now..
You maybe right.. I hate all this more than you do, but sometime it could be very tiring.

Then what can one do.. Naija is what it is.. Shame!!
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by VocalWalls: 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
BeClever:

It's probably because the the tray may disturb movements close to the emergency door..

Just that the sign didn't look nice...

That tray is supposed to go locked at a slight push, hence its not an engineering design flaw.

The problem is that the locks are bad, so tapes were used to hold it in place.

It probably got bad when they had a previous issue where they had to use the emergency exit, my guess is that it got damaged, and is now a threat due to its inability to stay locked without the tape.

4 Likes

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by theGistsonline: 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
BeClever:

It's probably because the the tray may disturb movements close to the emergency door..

it actually depends on the particular aircraft in question, its been discovered in some of these planes that the in-light entertainment systems such the one above cause electrical problems & have been responsible for the crash of some aircraft in recent times! Especially cellphones
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by BeClever: 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
VocalWalls:

That tray is supposed to go locked at a slight push, hence its not an engineering design flaw.

The problem is that the locks are bad, so tapes were used to hold it in place.

It probably got bad when they had a previous issue where they had to use the emergency exit, my guess is that it got damaged, and is not a threat due to its inability to stay locked without the tape.

It's probably nothing to be afraid of.
It's nothing...
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by EbolaParasite: 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
Raymee:
It seems like Arik ;DI zoom a bit to the manual in the 2nd seat.

You go sabi cheat for exam well well. How your eye take reach dia. Expo master.....lol

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by adaxxy: 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
Owoloku1:
OP it's because of the emergency exits located behind the seats

If those trays are in use and there's an emergency they could impede movement
you are a crew ,
I can tell from your messages.
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Reference(m): 7:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
RICHIEBOI1:
This is what i saw when i boarded an airline yesterday.. I wont mention the airline. What ever happened to safety standard.. Smh

Not bothered about that. What concerns me is why you couldn't mention the airline. What then are we expected to discuss and what will be achieved when info such as that is witheld. 3rd world doesn't mean government alone. 'This is what I saw on an Arik Air flight to...' or if you don't want to be associated, 'This was Apostle Paul saw on an Arik Air flight from Corinth to Ephesus...c'mon.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by eyinjuege: 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
Raymee:
It seems like Arik ;DI zoom a bit to the manual in the 2nd seat.

Eagle eyes smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by bigtt76(f): 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
When you keep silent on the name of the airline.... How are we to hold dem accountable and responsible? angry

RICHIEBOI1:
This is what i saw when i boarded an airline yesterday.. I wont mention the airline. What ever happened to safety standard.. Smh
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Caveatemptor(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
RICHIEBOI1:

This naa Arik airline now.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by banmee(m): 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
BeClever:

Have you ever been inside an air plane? The plane manufacturers would not put anything in a plane that would affect safety. If they did, it would welcome law suits. The tray is meant for putting food and drinks and can be put up easily when need be. The problem with the picture is easy to identify. Just like with everything in Nigeria, the airline has failed to maintain a simple tray compartment. A tray for God's sake. It's a wonder they can maintain the engine. What a country.

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by bigtt76(f): 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Abeg make someone tweet am @BenBruce make e for see why #BuyNaijaToSaveTheNaira is being compromised by poor standards.
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Sheriff19: 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
BeClever:

exactly bro that is the most likely reason!

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by banmee(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
talktimi:
how can paper and tape compromise safety standards ?

Have you asked that what else might be on the plane that they have used tape to hold together? Nigerians are so used to below par standards.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by shaibu123: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
ARIK AIR ALL THE WAY. they don't give a fxxxk about safety and poor staff training and service.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) / John Abolarinwa, Ebiakpo Chapele Names Of Pilots On Missing Nigeria Airforce Jet / What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.