Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

What I Saw In An Airline Today. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Saw In An Airline Today. (57169 Views)

Otedola Bridge, Lagos Tanker Explosion: 'Pictures Cannot Explain What I Saw' / What's The Seats Layout In An Airline? / A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Werehkpe: 10:09am On Feb 29, 2016
Raymee:
It seems like Arik ;DI zoom a bit to the manual in the 2nd seat.

O boy u bad o. So TRUE

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by HEIR: 10:41am On Feb 29, 2016
Bros calm down, I know you've a platinum abi gold card flying around the world. Isn't obvious they allow pers in other seats but these use theirs for some reasons, SAFETY! Most airlines using such aircraft, usually removed it altogether or secure nicely.
Newer planes carry improved design of more leg room and access and an in seat tray. Arik needs to improve on this anyways.
ttmacoy:
Unless that is particular to Nigerian airlines, I have NEVER been on an airline that does not allow you use trays for emergency reasons.

The use of the inserted in the arm seat tray is due to the fact exit seats tend to have wider leg room which means having the tray in front will be too far forward to eat on. It's not because of safety or emergency.

Think of it, isn't easier and quicker to put up a tray in front compared to the in the arm one?

Not all planes have in arm trays on exit row seats because not all planes have wide enough legroom there to require one. The driver for having an in arm tray is the width of the legroom ie how far in front will the tray be and not safety.

It is actually quicker to put up and latch an in front tray than an in arm one.

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by CassaBooBoo(f): 10:44am On Feb 29, 2016
BeClever:

Bros just tune it down.. .we can't rubbish them now Pls..

We need the save the naira by all means necessary...

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by ttmacoy: 11:14am On Feb 29, 2016
I no dey vex bro. But what do you mean they don't allow people in exit row to use trays?

I have never heard of this and I have sat in exit row seats a few times, and I saw trays in front and in the arm. You are allowed to use their trays when you seat on exit row seats. The difference is in bigger planes where there is bigger leg room it is no practical to have your tray on the front seat as it is too far forward hence it is in the arm. This is the same with seats at the front of sections where the seat is far from the front panel, too far to eat from hence it is in the arm.

This is NOT because you are not allowed to use your tray in exit seats. Smaller planes with smaller leg room on exit seats have trays in front.

The bolded is totally wrong. Maybe you are referring to Nigerian airlines, if not no airlines do not secure trays that you cannot use it on exit seats. And if you look at the pic you will see the lock is broken hence why they patches it up. Has nothing to do with safety but poor maintenance.

HEIR:
Bros calm down, I know you've a platinum abi gold card flying around the world. Isn't obvious they allow pers in other seats but these use theirs for some reasons, SAFETY! Most airlines using such aircraft, usually removed it altogether or secure nicely.
Newer planes carry improved design of more leg room and access and an in seat tray. Arik needs to improve on this anyways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
jstriker442:
ara di na udi n' udi.
orisirisi weeree lo wa.
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by jstriker442(m): 1:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
holamiday:
orisirisi weeree lo wa.
Quote when u grow senses
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
jstriker442:
Quote when u grow senses
Quote back when you are done being foolish.
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by jstriker442(m): 2:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
holamiday:
Quote back when you are done being foolish.
since u'v grown senses, now tell me wat innoson did to warrant your sarcastic remark
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
jstriker442:
since u'v grown senses, now tell me wat innoson did to warrant your sarcastic remark
Since you're done being foolish, now tell me what my comment has to do with you? undecided

Ashikaba!
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by jstriker442(m): 2:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
holamiday:
Since you're done being foolish, now tell me what my comment has to do with you? undecided

Ashikaba!
typical black man. Always seeking to vindicate himself by beating around the bush
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 29, 2016
jstriker442:
typical black man. Always seeking to vindicate himself by beating around the bush
Story for amadioha. You don tire?

Dodoyo!
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by jstriker442(m): 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
holamiday:
Story for amadioha. You don tire?
Dodoyo!
*pufff* you need Jesus
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
jstriker442:
*pufff* you need Jesus
*yawns* Ok undecided
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by JABB(m): 4:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
closer look thats similar to Arik logo

Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Ugosample(m): 11:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
BeClever:

It's probably because the the tray may disturb movements close to the emergency door..

Just that the sign didn't look nice...

Please let us not take this thread serious as it just the paper that made it look like that..

Arik is a great airline and I have used it countless times.

I LOVE ARIK AIR !! !!!!!!!!

STOP THAT!

The Arik air I know or another one?
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Raymee(m): 9:32am On Mar 02, 2016
EbolaParasite:

You go sabi cheat for exam well well. How your eye take reach dia. Expo master.....lol
anything for success, I do it oh especially to save all or those who are not aware. Na so now.
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Raymee(m): 9:41am On Mar 02, 2016
nwanna89:

Compare arik logo to the one on the safety card. Pretty sure its arik unless the airlines have the same logo
U be proper bad belle for ur own country! Sincerely!! What are you trying to prove now or cover up? Are you the owner of Arikair? When something is bad, say it! Is aircraft a molue bus? Or danfo? What kind of defense is all that? Lemme just free ur side sef...
Re: What I Saw In An Airline Today. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
Raymee:
U be proper bad belle for ur own country! Sincerely!! What are you trying to prove now or cover up? Are you the owner of Arikair? When something is bad, say it! Is aircraft a molue bus? Or danfo? What kind of defense is all that? Lemme just free ur side sef...

Shuo! Are u sure you are quoting the correct post? I wrote its arikair from the logo, you are tellin me smthn else

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) / John Abolarinwa, Ebiakpo Chapele Names Of Pilots On Missing Nigeria Airforce Jet / What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.