Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts (13400 Views)

150 People Dead, 14,000 Displaced In Cross River Land Dispute / Muhammad Bello Rejects Dangote’s Ramadan Gifts For Vulnerable, Displaced Persons / Benue And Taraba States Tribunal Verdicts: Before We Are Misled~By Miss Ngene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by juman(m): 10:09am On Feb 29, 2016
mariong:
How did they get the helicopters that were supplying them food and extra ammunition? This whole thing is a plot to wipe out the Agatu people so that those blood sucking nomads can take over the land. There is no gainsaying that top fulani government officials are involved.

There is no helicopters supplying them anything. Do not believe that hearsay. No government would allow that.
Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by seunlayi(m): 10:09am On Feb 29, 2016
APC AND LIE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by NLban: 10:10am On Feb 29, 2016
bonechamberlain:
am not even sure buhari ordered that so called inquiry into the Benue crisis, it might be his colleagues that did that trying to show that the President is concerned after fayose's outburst. as far as am concerned buhari's is in support of his terrorist brothers, and communities needs to start arming themselves both physically and spiritually against these futajalon terrorists. angry
[b]The Federal government is not sincere as far as this the clashes between the Fulani Militia and the Benue Farmers is concerned. The media has not helped the matter either, let alone the traditional rulers in the affected regions. PMB's colleagues for sure played a fast one on us.

The damage caused by the Fulani Militia is more than what the media reports. I can still recall vividly during the last administration, when Governor Torwua Gabriel Suswam was the governor of Benue State. The Ityo Shin (Tiv people mostly from the Benue Zone 'B' Senatorial District) people were killed daily, but the media both at the state and national levels kept mute over it. At a point I began to wonder why the stakeholders concerned kept quite for a long time. It got to a point that the Fulani Herds' men carried out coordinated attacks within the state capital just few metres behind the Mobile Police Barracks without any resistance. The Mobile Police Officers where always the first to evacuate their family members away from the Barracks, leaving the helpless community members at the expense of the wicked and heartless Terrorists.

The Fulani Militia or Terrorist or Jihadist are still occupying majority of communities they attacked in different Senatorial District in the State, particularly, the Ityo Shin Communities. The helpless farmers have run for the safety of their lives and have left their farm lands to the Fulani Terrorists who know see it as their birth right and graze on these lands. They are so armed and can attack any body who try to resist their ownership of the land.

Most people who were affected by these crisis are afraid of returning to their communities since their enemies have hijacked the land.

It is therefore, a slap on the faces of the entire Tiv populace for this kind of shame to continue and for Buhari or the sympathizers of his focus less administration to order for inquiry into the wicked activities of Terrorist from the North instead of ordering the Military to go after them for outright attack. Secondly, the so called inquiry focuses only on the Agatu crisis not minding the other attacks on most of the Tiv Communities that have been going on silently. What about the majority of Tiv Territories held hostage by his brothers the Fulani Terrorist? What is he saying about it.

These useless creations are so heartless such that even within the Makurdi Metropolis Farmers can not cultivate their crops without the fear of been the Fulani Herds' Men. Almost half of my rice farm situated at the Lower Benue River Basin located after Agboo Village was eaten up by their cattle.

Buhari is been economical with the truth. Majority of these cow boys do not own these cattle. They are owned by the Emirs, Rtd Major Generals, former and serving governors, top Politicians and others, mostly in the North. I sense they are the ones behind all these attacks. The Fulani Herd's men move about freely with sophisticated arms without any body asking questions about their arms. What is Buhari or his sympathizers saying about it.

Recently, the Benue State Gov. Dr. Samuel Ortom declared amnesty across the state just to take collect the local arms which most helpless communities use to protect their people. These all are moves to make the useless Fulani Militia have superior arsenals against the local farmers.
[/b]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by Ogbuefi2020: 10:17am On Feb 29, 2016
Where is omenka?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by Richardonald(m): 10:19am On Feb 29, 2016
Omenka, your ethnicity is now an endangered specie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by ezemme(m): 10:27am On Feb 29, 2016
the attitude of these herdsmen is actually getting out of hand... causing havoc and panic everywhere in this country..
Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by mamaafrik(m): 10:27am On Feb 29, 2016
We are watching,mr. President there is little evangelism you can preach now when they are you kiths,u ordered the arrest of kanu,tompolo and the rest that threatened Nigeria's unity ,but what about your kinsmen?,or are they not threatening nigeria's unity by killing......?,Gen. Burutai,people know you because u did the right thing by arresting el-zalzaky,this is a real acid test to show you are a real, unbaised mind.what will history say after you are gone?,that you heard and behaved like a coward? or dat you handled the situation in-line wit standard principles of conduct?,it wont have any potency to tell us excuses or advise us after you are gone,seyitoose ogagun burutai,ojoonlo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by NLban: 10:39am On Feb 29, 2016
juman:

There is no helicopters supplying them anything. Do not believe that hearsay. No government would allow that.
[b]People like you will never believe probably because you do not know much about the institutional decay of the zoo we find ourselves in. This is not the first time this is happening. Same thing happened in Ugba, Logo Local gov. of Benue State where the former governor hails from. No body ever believed that the Fulani Militia will be given a breathing space in that part of the land but it happened. The news about these happenings do not always get captured by most of the national dailies because of the politics in our country. The then governor was fund of boasting on air that the state was the most peaceful in the north and so could go any mile by ensuring, such news do not spread. Please open your eyes and expect more from this joke called Nigeria.

I hope you will not be surprised if I reveal to you that the Nigerian Army from the 72 Barracks in North Bank, Makurdi during the last administration were hired severally to help the Fulani Militia fight the local farmers who also armed themselves well to protect their communities. Pls op forget this country no make SS go after me ooo. Am enjoying my peace for now.
[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by juman(m): 10:46am On Feb 29, 2016
NLban:

People like you will never believe probably because you do not know much about the institutional decay of the zoo we find ourselves in. This is not the first time this is happening. Same thing happened in Ugba, Logo Local gov. of Benue State where the former governor hails from. No body ever believed that the Fulani Militia will be given a breathing space in that part of the land but it happened. The news about these happenings do not always get captured by most of the national dailies because of the politics in our country. The then governor was fund of boasting on air that the state was the most peaceful in the north and so could go any mile by ensuring, such news do not spread. Please open your eyes and expect more from this joke called Nigeria.

Similar stories like when people said helicopters supplied boko haram things. It was fake news.

But I agree that nigeria is a disgrace of a country. Everything upside down.
Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by NLban: 10:51am On Feb 29, 2016
luvmijeje:
Still no comment from the Governor. Is there no Government in Benue state? Is the Governor a fulani man?
Forget that man he can do nothing. The first thing he did when he entered office was to mop up local arms used by the local farmers in the name of amnesty. All the middlebelt governors/leaders are afraid of the northern counterparts.
I guess he wanted to please PMB.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by drss(m): 10:54am On Feb 29, 2016
hypocrisy is when fulani herdsmen ar allowed to carry deadly Ak47 guns n farmers ar arrested for possessing localy made rifles. d gov of benue is incompetent!

1 Like

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by NLban: 10:59am On Feb 29, 2016
juman:

Similar stories like when people said helicopters supply boko haram things. It was fake news.

But I agree that nigeria is a disgrace of a country. Everything upside down.
If sophisticated arms can come into this country through the Ports then, it becomes much more easier for it to be conveyed through the helicopter. Another easiest means is through Ambulances. Let me open your eyes the more. Do you remember when some foreigners were arrested for carrying arms other weapons into Nigeria? What else have you heard about this same probe. That tells you that the matter has been swept under the carpet because the strong Fulani men involved were above Nigeria and the laws of the land.

That is why Buhari can not order for their arrest as he did in the case of Tompolo, Kanu and others.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447739_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages3446929babaonechancejpeg35e28d3069342f002e2375686d289a8d_jpegab2a56c7970910f17de533938e74b622
APC = WE HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by ASL33: 11:08am On Feb 29, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:
Where is omenka?
IDP camp eating poo as beans

2 Likes

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by gsalvatore: 11:11am On Feb 29, 2016
Benue people deserves everything coming their way..

Today's head line was " Buhari expresses shock over killings"

I know this is the handwork of his numerous media aides...

Buhari will set up am inquiry which is GEJs equivalent committee..Nothing will come off it..

Benue state will be the Fulani grazing land...the indigenous people of Benue will be settlers in other states..whenever they are done with prostitution and getting high on cheap stuffs then,maybe only then will they think about their future.

This sacking of villages will continue till 2019..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by akin269(m): 11:16am On Feb 29, 2016
Am still watching
i pity we, yoruba people cos war is looming as buhari want to wake a sleeping lion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by mariong(m): 11:19am On Feb 29, 2016
juman:

What is hearsay? Hard to believe i guess. It is a fact for your information. I got to know about it from people on ground, even before it became news.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by fahren(m): 11:33am On Feb 29, 2016
Agatu killings

Investigation is not enough, state of emergency should be declared and security beefed up in Agatu and Environs

Join us as we March to the National Assembly

Date: Wednesday 2nd March 2016
Time: 8 am
Take off point: Unity Fountain by Transcorp Hilton, Maitama Abuja
Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by Adebowale89(m): 11:37am On Feb 29, 2016
moving from your land because of strangers threat, is the best definition of coward

why cant they strengthen theirselves by building a strong task forces within themselves and prepare to retaliate whenever they attack. I think this will Give way for FG rapid response

if you dont fight for your land nw, your generation to come would be so disappointed in you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by yaki84: 11:49am On Feb 29, 2016
luvmijeje:
Still no comment from the Governor. Is there no Government in Benue state? Is the Governor a fulani man?

u wqn mek appeal court resit on his election matter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by yaki84: 11:51am On Feb 29, 2016
Justdulla:
why must you type thrash that you dont know, u just sit where ever you like and comment... do you know over 70percent of cattle rearers arent muslims? they usually practice no rekigion, they just do their own thing... this same herdsmen problem exists even in ghana, benin republic... am not sure u watch d news.... the herdsmen are just stubborn wicked people that feel they own tge earth, they see their race as supreme ans special so stop misinformobg people, its not a religious caliphate poo that you want everyone to believe

r u saying those herdsmen owns the cows?
if they dont practice religion, their owners do n their owners tell dem wat to do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 29, 2016
Karma is a bitch, the chicken as come home to roost after 48 years!!!

For the sake of humanity the FGN should intervene and bring this Fulani clashes to an end.

Nigeria is blessed with good vegetation, the government can easily find a grazing ranch for the Fulani heard's men so that they can graze their animal peaceful in a control environment while locals go about their day to day life in peace as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by alaskido(m): 12:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
Adonbilivit. How can strangers come into you village/community and your house to displace you and make you a refugee. This is serious. Are these men these lazy? Don't they go to War? I believe there should be at least a Police station or post in these villages. Did the Police also run away to join as displaced persons.
Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by viktor01(m): 12:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
So unfortunate
This form of terror ought to be nipped in the bud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by ozoemenaca: 12:30pm On Feb 29, 2016
Is it not obvious that your PMB is partial. When there is protest in the South East or South South, peaceful one for that matter, he would mobilize soldiers to kill innocent people doing peaceful protest, but watch out his brothers causing problem every where and killing people in the disguise that they are herdsmen. I just wish those communities would stand up and defend themselves because if they are waiting for Buhari to act on the matter they are wasting their time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by GodMode: 12:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
K
Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by dboss444: 12:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
Since it's time for facts let me state my fact I'm a Nysc corper presently serving in benue state. Something happened in my school where I teach. A teacher sent his wife to look after his farm in anyim 2 weeks ago. One night some group of fulani herdsmen came to their room and brought the women and sliced the man's wife face with a knife for no reason at all. this man is just a pri sch teacher with six kids, as am speaking 2 u, the woman is still in the hospital. Last friday we were discussing this issue in d staff room and I got to find out that even d catholic church in my community is housing refugees in d church. I was furious telling dem that hw can foreigners come and drive them from their own home and no one is doing anything abt it. Thank God for fayose. Would love to say more and reveal more but....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
I am a marked man now the MODs ban me at any slightest comment...I know if i say my mind now they will ban me So let me say a BIG congratulation to the herdsmen keep the good work going...Mtcheeeew
Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by ComrdDRS: 12:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
juman:

Are you trying to say that you are one of them that went to eliminate Agatu people? How then you know that there wasn't any helicopter? Or are you indirectly supporting you Tse Tse fly brothers? Its not today that they use helicopter for supplies in Benue. YOU GO TELL YOUR TSE TSE FLY BROTHERS YOUR AGENDAS WON'T WORK. BENUE IS NOT FOR MALARIA CARRYING DISEASE TSE TSE FLY LIKE YOU.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by discusant: 1:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
nonstan:
MAKURDI—INDICATION emerged weekend that no fewer than 7,000 persons were displaced in the wake of the crisis between Fulani herdsmen and Agatu farmers of Benue State.

The displaced persons who were sacked from Okokolo, Akwu, Ocholonya, Adagbo, Ugboku and Aila by the rampaging herdsmen are currently camped at the Ochi Idoma square in Otukpo, Ugbokpo, Adoka, Ojantele, Ikobi and other neigbouring communities.

Speaking to reporters in Otukpo, one f the refugees, Elder Sani Echioda, an indigene of Ayila lamented that the condition in the camp was terrible and called on public spirited individuals, the state and federal governments to urgently come to their aid.

He said: “We sleep on bare floor since we don’t have mattress or mats. It is quite a difficult situation as we are exposed to mosquitoes and all kinds of insects and reptiles during the day and at night. The absence of medical officers at the crowded camp is also a disturbing factor, and you can see that the entire camp is not suitable for human habitation.”

While recalling last week’s invasion of Agatu, Echioda said it was like an operation to vipe out the inhabitants of Agatu, “till today, the Fulani herders are still in our communities causing mayhem. As am talking to you, their cows have taken over our land. In fact we believe that it is the government of Nasarawa State that is fighting us; the peace Governor Almakura claims to be making is a deceit. They should tell the world who provided the two helicopters which flew into Abogbe and Okokolo to provide ammunitions for the Fulanis.”

Similarly, Rev Fr. John Attah of the Justice, Development and Peace of Otukpo Catholic Diocese, who also spoke to reporters in Otukpo, bemoaned the lack of coordination and poor management of the displaced persons’ camps.

According to him, officials of the State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, who carried out on the spot assessment of the crisis provided some mattresses, mats, guinea corn and maize, but “the situation still requires further attention from the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA.

While putting the figure of the displaced persons in Otukpo alone at 7,000, said “I shed tears when I saw old women running from their ancestral homes seeking refuge. It is pathetic.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/7000-persons-displaced-in-fulani-herdsmen-agatu-farmers-clash-in-benue/

One North. Does Gov. Ortom still not attend one north meeting? On election day, these fleeing refugees will vote a Fulani presidential candidate, before a yoloba or Igbo candidate.

4 Likes

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by nbright: 1:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
luvmijeje:
He's apc

3 Likes

Re: 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts by nbright: 1:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
juman:

Wash

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DINO Melaye React To Nairamarley Arrest From EFCC [VIDEO] / Again, Court Summons Emefiele Over $53m Judgment Debt / SHOCKER: APC Govs Help Aregbesola To Pay Salaries –PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.