Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF (14859 Views)

Chelsea Starlet Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria - NFF Claims / Lesbianism Kills Women's Soccer Teams In Nigeria - NFF Former VP, Seyi Akinwumi / Lesbianism Kills Women’s Soccer Teams In Nigeria – NFF Former VP, Seyi Akinwumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by 1Dray(m): 6:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
Lol... How would that increase the value of the naira? Who foreign coach don help?

1 Like

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by YunusObaje: 6:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
NFF can run mouth grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by MrFairplay4ume(m): 6:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
Story for the gods! Let NFF put it's house in order some of the problems are directly linked to the federation who owe indigenous coaches salaries spanning months. Just look beyond the ego of Oliseh and see an ocean of selfish dudes in the helms of affairs. Some so called firiegn coaches are not better than local coaches Amaju should note.

4 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by ColtPython(m): 6:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
Buy naija

How does this grow the naira?

Where is the common sense here?

cheesy
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by hadura29(m): 6:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
The day NFF stops playing politics with Nigeria's football is the day eagles(super,flying,eaglets) will start moving forward..

Well said bro, I don't know why people don't see this way...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by litetias(m): 6:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
NFF is the problem of Nigerian football.
See Nigerian Premier League they can't develop it and package it to attract football crazy Nigerians to support it. Na local coach still cause that one?
Round pegs in square holes.
Complaining of lack of funds meanwhile the English league is getting billions of pounds yearly just from tv deals not to talk of sponsorships, gate receipts and merchandise sales

2 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Abukc(m): 6:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
cool If there is no better support even foriegn manager will not achievE anythinG.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Sunnypa11(m): 6:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nff need to also be professional,Enough is Enough of corruption and bad leadership.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by repogirl(f): 6:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Foreign coaches go still fvck up and then they will begin looking for home based again. Lol, until NFF deal with their issues, no coach can perform well under them.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Abeyjide: 6:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
NFF is our main problem.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by kayalcomp: 6:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
Buy Naija, patronise Naija, to grow Naira and Nigeria. There are good coaches who can handle SE in Nigeria. Why looking for foreign coach.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by menacetosociety: 6:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sunnycliff:
And now if one talks about local content and indigenous football coaching development some buffons will be defending the NFF! THIS is not part of buy naija grow naira! Scam APC
This is football!take your useless politics away from here faster
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Maxivalue(m): 6:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
Not indigenous Coaches, NFF is always d problem
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by emeka2847: 6:13pm On Feb 29, 2016
[size=28pt] NEW why not #buynaijatogrowthenaira[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by HighQue007: 6:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
I know when Nigerians say foreign, they mean the whites..smh..slave minds..They would prefer a white coach thats even worse than the indigenous ones due to thier inferiority complex.

Keshi is the best.

#BringbackourKeshi

3 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
Am I having difficulties in comprehension or is the write up contradictory? He first says no more foreign coaches, then he says only foreign coaches.

2 Likes

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Tarzaa(m): 6:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
londonrivals:
Nigerian Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick has vowed not to employ a foreign coach to take charge of the Super Eagles again after Sunday Oliseh's handling of the job and resignation on social media while he was away at Zurich for FIFA's elections.

Amaju, who christened Sunday Oliseh 'Africa's Pep Guardiola' upon his appointment last year says the era of giving indigenious coaches a chance to head the Super Eagles is over, saying Samson Siasia will take over the team temporarily while the NFF look for the perfect 'foreign' replacement.

“After this Sunday Oliseh debacle, we have definitely turned the corner. We are now going to start shopping for a well grounded and qualified foreign coach to tinker the Team. Enough is enough. What we have learnt is that there is a world of difference between being a good coach and being a good manager”, he said.

While announcing his resignation on Twitter, Oliseh said “Due to contract violations, lack of support, unpaid wages, benefits to my players, assistant coaches and myself, I resign as Super Eagles chief coach. I feel fortunate, blessed and eternally grateful for having had the honour to play, captain and coach this great nation of ours, Nigeria.”

But according to reports the NFF are planning legal action against Oliseh citing he broke contractual obligations after he resigned without giving a month's notice plus in his contract he was told to live in Nigeria and given rent but refused to live here to perform his coaching duties.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/no-more-home-based-coaches-for-nigeria.html

Okay, I think we like it like this. We don't value what is ours beside, this guy seems to be bigger than Nigeria.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by worksmart(m): 6:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
This is sweet nonsense.

Are we sure this Pinnock is not trying to sabotage Nigeria and the Super Eagles.

Was he not instrumental in removing Steven Keshi.

Oliseh was not a home-based coach so the man is very confused to be using Oliseh case as a reason for saying "no more home-based coaches"

Pinnock needs to be replaced not Siasia.

What happened to the new campaign of buying Nigerian and not Foreign? Hope the sports minister is paying attention oo!
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Primegold: 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
dunkem21:
grin .. I agree totally ..

In fact, "no more home based PRESIDENT for Nigeria grin

... and no more home based PRESIDENT of NFF too! cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by megaweight(m): 6:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
Maybe we what we really need are foreign administrators in the glass house. #say no to pinnicks antics.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
Foreign coaches are treated as gods but they look down on our own...then you give foreign coach everything stipulated in contract but deprive your own virtually everything...foreign coach is not the problem, the problem is NFF
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
Foreign coaches are treated as gods but they look down on our own...then you give foreign coach everything stipulated in contract but deprive your own virtually everything...local coach is not the problem, the problem is NFF
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Misterdhee1(m): 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Long overdue.. These local guys are mediocre.. They should be assigned as Assistants at most, pending the time our local coaches become World class..
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by dfrost: 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
MrFairplay4ume:
Let NFF put it's house in order some of the problems are directly linked to the federation who owe indigenous coaches salaries spanning months. Just look beyond the ego of Oliseh and see an ocean of selfish dudes in the helms of affairs.

My exact thoughts bro. NFF should free the coaches.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by ATERI(m): 6:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
Amaju Pinnick Must Go. You have done enough damage to our football. You look like slave, you talk like slave, you walk like slave, but most importantly, you administer football like a slave. You never played football before, yet you think you know better than Keshi and Oliseh. Please resign before it`s too late. How dare you try to play on our intelligence? You are a bad and corrupt leader trying to cover up your mediocrity by saying all this nonsense. Once again Amaju Pinnick Must Go. NOW!!!!!
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by femi4: 6:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
londonrivals:
Nigerian Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick has vowed not to employ a foreign coach to take charge of the Super Eagles again after Sunday Oliseh's handling of the job and resignation on social media while he was away at Zurich for FIFA's elections.

Amaju, who christened Sunday Oliseh 'Africa's Pep Guardiola' upon his appointment last year says the era of giving indigenious coaches a chance to head the Super Eagles is over, saying Samson Siasia will take over the team temporarily while the NFF look for the perfect 'foreign' replacement.

“After this Sunday Oliseh debacle, we have definitely turned the corner. We are now going to start shopping for a well grounded and qualified foreign coach to tinker the Team. Enough is enough. What we have learnt is that there is a world of difference between being a good coach and being a good manager”, he said.

While announcing his resignation on Twitter, Oliseh said “Due to contract violations, lack of support, unpaid wages, benefits to my players, assistant coaches and myself, I resign as Super Eagles chief coach. I feel fortunate, blessed and eternally grateful for having had the honour to play, captain and coach this great nation of ours, Nigeria.”

But according to reports the NFF are planning legal action against Oliseh citing he broke contractual obligations after he resigned without giving a month's notice plus in his contract he was told to live in Nigeria and given rent but refused to live here to perform his coaching duties.

Next time, read your article well before you copy and paste

1 Like

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
mulattoclaro:
Better. I hate nigerian coaches. They know nothing. My candidates for the job are Jurgen Klinsmann, Guus Hiddink or Louis Vak Gaal.
I think Klinsmann is better and pls not Van Gaal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Dhenz: 6:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
londonrivals:

You are contradicting yourself, you said they have vowed not to employ foreign coach and you go ahead to say they will only give it to only foreign coach,that makes your story automatically less credible.

Always watch what you post cuz one mistake will make it look like child's play n less credible,as soon as I saw that error I became uninterested.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by unite4real: 6:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
londonrivals:
Nigerian Football Federation president [b]Amaju Pinnick has vowed not to employ a foreign coach to take charge of the Super Eagles again after Sunday Oliseh's handling of the job and resignation on social media [/b]while he was away at Zurich for FIFA's elections.

Am I the only one seeing the bolded?

1 Like

Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
londonrivals:

Naija football sef we go ever improve?? With the way things are i don't see us winning anything in 50 years time. And as for Russia 2018 world cup if we even qualify sef na luck if we go dia we just go as passengers we no go smell quater final.
Our football's just bad that even the smallest teams in Africa will beat us.
Pls if u don't want your heart to be broken always by Nigerian football pls don't watch Except Under 17 P.S.
Re: 'no More Home Based Coaches For Nigeria' - NFF by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
Zakkyoz:
NFF is full of novice. they are confused. they don't even know what they want again.

bring foreign coach today and tomorrow criticism will start.
Foreign coach won't help d problem is more than a foreign coach except they hire Mourinho he's free now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aaron Ramsey Scores On His Serie A Debut For Juventus / Chelsea Target Lascelles Happy At Newcastle / Tennis: Wimbledon 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.