Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic (19372 Views)

Cash Crunch: Senators, Reps Members Abandon Chambers In Search Of Money / MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Cash Crunch Hits APC As Buhari Advises Party To Look Inward For Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
shocked
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by airsaylongcon: 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
How much of #our5k could those vehicles have paid for?
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Adesiji77: 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Cheerful giver cheesy
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Luckylife(m): 12:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
H
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Absolutely nothing wrong with projecting strategic influence. The amounts at stake are relatively small when placed against the support of what is essentially Nigeria's 52nd state. Trade and cross border security are enough reason to support our western neighbour.

The fact that the economy is shrinking is insufficient reason to ignore our neighbours, especially when we are trying to wean them off the over bearing influence of that country that dominates all our neighbours - Benin, Chad, Niger and Cameroun. Even if we are unsure of our northern flank, lets secure our western and eastern sides.

Only makes sense.
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Vongsama(m): 1:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
ColtPython:
No money

No money

Yet we donating shiii to other countries

I twale for this nation grin

Benin isn't even the first this year. We donated 50 hilux and computers to Niger republic early this year. We are like d hypocritical rich man. Doesn't spend at home but outsiders sing his praise for hw good and generous he is. Our Nigeria needs help and prayer
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by blackpanda: 1:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
HAH:
Good one, Nigeria is a big brother

Don't you know that if we don't support the security apparatus of our bordering neigbour crime may spill into Nigeria talkless of helping a poor neigbour like Benin that is no more than a state in Nigeria

State ke Not even up to my local government!
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Achorise: 1:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
it's high time we limit this big brother diplomacy, and fix our country. Most government agency are run with rickety vehicles, We giving out cars while most tax payers whose money funded the purchase of those cars don't even have a tyre.
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by caprini1: 1:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
The same Benin that their Immigration officers stamp every Nigerian passport with 500 naira on every passage!....it is well.
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by superstar1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
What is the total cost of those cars and bikes, in relation to the strategic diplomatic edge it provides?

Imagine Benin Republic closing it's eyes to cross border criminals and smugglers. What is th attendant impact on the Nigerian economy?

Is it not more costlier than the cost o . Vehicles and motorcycles?
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by callJesu: 1:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
My country Nigeria will eventually get there
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by duality(m): 1:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
Yet Some of them said we should crucify the senate president for buying one car. I told them that the outcry was not really out of patriotism but an avenue to attack saraki for political reasons.

Buhari should get his priorities right.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Alaminz(m): 1:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
thank God the beneficiaries are christians...if such donations is to syria or palestine..some will say buhari is religiouse...n tribalistic..
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by OKDnigeria: 1:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
Paying #5000 to our unemployed youths is not our priority, but donating to Benin is our top priority.

It is well oo
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
Richardonald:
U didn't call a country u are calling benin most likely a local area, can they buy expensive product.. I mean well international trade, u here calling benin, u shud have called mozambique then wil all know naija get mouth..
What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by OKDnigeria: 1:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
superstar1:
What is the total cost of those cars and bikes, in relation to the strategic diplomatic edge it provides?

Imagine Benin Republic closing it's eyes to cross border criminals and smugglers. What is th attendant impact on the Nigerian economy?

Is it not more costlier than the cost o . Vehicles and motorcycles?

Is it Benin Republic dat now secure our border.
Where is our own border security? Have they been adequately equipped?
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by superstar1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
OKDnigeria:

Is it Benin Republic dat now secure our border.
Where is our own border security? Have they been adequately equipped?

Imagine Benin allowing everything and anything anything -- from banned items to drugs to ammunition etc to enter their country, you can have rest assured assured those goods will find their way to Nigeria, no matter how sophisticated your custom is.

Despite the level of sophistication of FBI an DA are drugs no finding their early into US from Mexico?
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by j3r3myk3n(m): 1:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
Whats the whole help for when within us we cant help ourselves...... I am presently here suffering of hunger and my so called government is shipping out such stuffs jst to impress another country.:.........common sachet water is #15 in my area......is that part of the change? I for no show for this kind country abeg! I am so sick and tired of this country #jhare. #F*ckMyGovernment
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Anglovel: 1:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tinubu's People later it will be Niger n Mali's turn ie Bubu's People!so dat no one raises eyebrows when that time comes!
Nice nice we r learning fast!
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by katchagboro(m): 1:33pm On Feb 29, 2016
Dear friends…
I am a 23 years Old and Have been in a relationship with my sisters husband for 5 years now without my sisters noticing,sometimes we stay together,sometimes i stay away from them,
It started immediately i cleared my high school..i dont know how its happen but i felt in love with him because he was my 1st man,up to now i love him and he too loves me,
Im almost Done my university studies only some months remaining… I have told him to break up because i dont want my sister to know this but he insisted on marrying me!
Im totally confused by now because i need 2 settle after my studies.
What can i do to make them divorce?
Advise me please
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
This makes no sense,what do we gain from Benin republic?

We allow all their poverty stricken people and beggars in,still give them money...
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by OKorowanta: 1:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:
Donating cars to Benin Republic is like pouring a cup of water in an ocean.

Is it not this same Benin many Nigerians run to for cheap used vehicles?

U said it all.
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by sinistermind(m): 1:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
Smhh!!! If you don't believe it, go online and view the sources... 15 hilux n 100 motorcycle. We don turn father xmas to anoda country while we here are suffering.
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by sinistermind(m): 1:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Alaminz:
thank God the beneficiaries are christians...if such donations is to syria or palestine..some will say buhari is religiouse...n tribalistic..

What is dis one saying? undecided
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Alaminz(m): 1:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
sinistermind:

What is dis one saying? undecided
who knows..i think he must be crazy...
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by viktor01(m): 1:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
Even as we broke..........
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by vRendoh(m): 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
embarassed

APC has been collecting my fifty Naira! only to dash it!
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Richardonald(m): 2:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
Angelberry:

What are you saying?
i was insuniating that they don't have 2 boast about sending cars to benin, even though $1 is 1000, they wil stil buy cars 4rm naija becuz they are low level, we shud be sending, exportin product to bigger countries that is what we shud be boastin of.
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by DaV8King(m): 2:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
OKDnigeria:
Nigeria has donated 15 cars and 100 motorcycles
to the electoral commission of neighbouring Benin.
The Nigerian Ambassador to Benin Republic,
Lawrence Obisakin, during the donation, lauded
President Muhammadu Buhari's efforts at asserting
Nigeria's leadership in Africa.

Mr. Obisakin said this in an interview with the
News Agency of Nigeria in Cotonou on the
sidelines of the donation of 15 Hilux vehicles and
100 motorcycles to the Independent Electoral
Commission of Benin by Nigeria.

The outgoing ambassador said the gesture would
further strengthen the excellent bilateral
relationship between the two countries.

"I want to say bravo to President Muhammadu
Buhari, the government and the people of Nigeria,
and the diplomacy of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria."

The diplomat said the donations were made
despite the financial challenges facing Nigeria.
"We know the economic conjuncture of Nigeria,
However, our president, in his wisdom in spite of
the economic difficulties, has been able to be
sensitive to the dire need of Benin.

"President Buhari, in his wisdom, has been able to
find a way of helping a country that needs by far
more assistance," he said.

Mr. Obisakin said the people of Benin were grateful
and will continually show appreciation over
Nigeria's support.

"You heard the Chairman of Benin Electoral
Commission saying this is the most welcome gift
that they've ever received because the election is
next week Sunday.

"It is a presidential election and it promises to be
very keen and very serious and they need the
means because Benin is one of the least-
developed countries.

"So, Nigeria is lifting up Benin just like Europe,
Germany and Britain, did to the Southern countries.
"This goes to show that Nigeria is indeed a
friendly nation, Nigeria is a country that is
sensitive to the needs of others," he said.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign
Affairs, Bulus Lolo, also commended Mr. Buhari,
saying he had given visibility to Nigeria's
contributions to African countries since his
assumption of office.

"As far as I know, we have supported several
countries but visibility being given is only under
the Buhari's administration.

"The quantum of support may even be more by
previous governments, but they did not take the
necessary step to make it public.
"You can see that marked on these vehicles is an
Nigeria', that is an advertisement that you are
making.

"Clearly, wherever these vehicles go, everyone
seeing them will know that they have come from
the Government of Nigeria. We made donations in
the past but we did not declare."

Mr. Lolo had earlier presented the items to Tiando
Emmanuel, President, Commission Electorale
Nationale Autonome of Benin toward the March 6
general elections in the country.

africabusinesscommunities.com/news/despite-cash-crunch-nigeria-donates-vehicles-motorcycles-to-benin-republic.html

Give Innoson trucks instead of Hilux so we can #helpNaija. They like the Hilux, they go to Japan and buy more but if they like Innoson, the money comes to us! Diplomacy should include self-interest at all times. Thanks for reading smiley
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by DedeNkem: 2:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
That's what happens when you have a clueless and incompetent ab*oki as president.

The money he spent on those stuff could be used in fully equipping hospitals in rural areas or science labs in schools.

This country is doomed.
Re: Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hmmm.

Up Naija!!!! Too much money!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Photo Of Ita-Giwa With Ayade Shows That No Permanent Friends In Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode Calls For Emefiele's Sack, Arrest & Detention Over Naira Notes / CJN Ariwoola Appoints Younger Brother, Adebayo, As new auditor for NJC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.