Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

The Chronicle Of A Random Sense 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Chronicle Of A Random Sense 1 (514 Views)

18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / 16+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / The Chronicle Affair (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chronicle Of A Random Sense 1 by dominion09: 1:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
In a clumsy area somewhere in Obalende, off Ikoyi, where I was to meet a mentor who just left the presence of a client so to speak picked me up. Feeling relaxed on a well fabricated leather seat feeling comfortable with the air condition solacely cooling my hot weather tempered system. So I heard a voice from outside “ Oga abeg comot this car for road na” I gazed and saw this vulnerable old man trying to control the wheels of his suv whose power steering I believe is faulty with a clunk finds it difficult to make a u-turn holding commuters into ransom. With the man's pitiable face trying to let people understand his condition due to the failure of his faulty power steering, but believe me Lagosians couldn’t pardon him a bit, funny enough, the more he try to let people understand the faillure of his power steering, the more the yellings but with time he paved way with onerous struggle having reversed several times. This nature is not peculiar to this man, but the moral of this instance is, no one is interested in why you fail to achieve a certain goal, everyone just want to have their way at a given time not minding your condition so far you don’t inconvenient them.

My point precisely, using the present Nigerian state and president Buhari as the major stake, in as much he is paving way to re-build already failed state with a faulty power steering to control the Nigerian wheel, Nigerians as the 'commuters' don’t just want to understand the reason for the delay. Everyone just want to have their needs met within the short period of time. Unfortunately, the condition of the Nigerian State as an SUV goes beyond the failure of the power steering, the gear box, tires, radiator, even the engine is weak. But another big question is if His Excellency has gotten the right technocrats to fix it or if he is dexterious enough to drive through this lawless environ towards the destination.

Taking it one after the other, if graduates are to enhance their faith or even go to the mountain as we priotize religion than being realistic sometimes, that is 38% of over 100million youths according to World Bank report (2015) who are unemployed, everyone cannot be employed because the present industries can’t fill everyone in(this is not peculiar to Nigeria alone but alarming here). Then someone can as well say “Self-Employment” is the best way, but how can the majority be motivated when the financial institutions are not encouraging, with over 4.5 million people with self employment mentality who doesn't have access to loan. The moral aspect as deteriorated already where majority wants to feed from just one or two pots (entertainment or yahoo) the society at present appreciate shortcuts than hardwork, someone who just bought an expensive car through illegal means is respected/celebrated than someone investing his time in talent discovery. Nine months spent so far with the new administration and nothing majorly to show for it because the culture of impunity is still imbibed in our institutions. An average youth would defend his/her tribe political office holder levelled with corruption charges and ignore someone who is jailed for stealing a product in a supermarket because of tribalism(you will see many on naija forums).

Taking a swipe on the insecurity in Nigeria using Boko-Haram as a focal point. My first journey to Taraba State gave me a new perspective about the Northern part, different landscape, orientation and absolutely everything so different from other geo-political zones or how do you account for Taraba state where majority out of the 16 local government areas are without an electricity gadgets talkless of having electricity or Gashaka where there is no mobile network amongst others. A zone like other northestern states that currently have hundreds of border linkages without being adequately guarded, people troop in and out without being adequately monitored, the same orientation and identity as tampered with the African States as a result of colonialism unlike Asia and Latin America which were also victims of colonialism is the same the northern part are witnessing(this is a discourse for another day). I don’t see how the government can conquer Boko-Haram without first changing the orientation of an average almajiri/youth in the Northestern part. You can’t promise an average South-Eastern/Western/South of numerous virgins in heaven or certain amount of money for suicide bombing, 'Hian' it won’t just work, not even an average Igbo or Yoruba persons who cherish thier life than anything. Government could as well achieve this through education, media, or any possibly ways attainable, infrastructural development amongst others are also needed. The poverty in some northern part is so high that if you offer a teenager just #2,000 naira to kill he will joyfully accept talkless of using religion to cajole him of some promises that awaits him in “Jannah” (Heaven). Am not being subjective or tribalistic on this.

As regards unemployment, the government should work on how to make an average youth live a life of legacy, everybody should be remembered for something after life. God has never been so wicked to have created anyone without talent but the government and individuals have been wicked to themselves not to have discovered God given talent or potentials of themselves. Create a conducive environment where individuals are supported on their potentials with adequate security and resources needed. As a writer, graphics designer, blogger, artist, photographer, event planner, cook, make-artist, entertainer, amongst other potentials should be given a conducive environment to showcase their talent. Still pathetic having spent years in higher institution with most lecturer's intimidation, graduates are underpaid while majority has no job...hmm... But still, to youths and graduates, we just have to keep the spirit high, like I do tell people “no be stone but beans, e fit take time but e go done” whatsoever you find yourself with commitment and right information someday you gonna be celebrated, live your life as if you already achieved what you ever wished for while it comes, stay happy and always pray the more. Many things on my mind to pour but limited time I have. Just like Senator Ben Bruce an advocate of #commonsense #buynaijatohelpnairagrow but still printed his book “common Sense Series” Abroad (maybe a friend printed it for free)...I laugh. I Tobi Kush a graduate from a prestigous university in Nigeria just want to make a #randomsense. Objective criticism is allowed because this piece is open for further discourse.

#idon’twritetoimpressiwritetoexpress

@tobikusimo

(1) (Reply)

Between Life And Death / If I Pen My Last Words {a Poem} / Mr Death,hafa My 30k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.