Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom (30525 Views)

Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars / Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle / Buhari Has Removed Veil Of Economic Secrecy- Sen Nwaogu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by ayoola05: 6:44am On Mar 01, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
They're are being forced to join Islam.

The worst set of Christians I have seen in my life are those from Nigeria and they're mostly from the east.

They claim to be Catholic, bow before mother Mary to pray, follow the rev fathers and sisters in their various churches, but are more hateful than anyone. If not so, how can anyone that love mother Mary hate someone who covers her head? I'm yet to see a picture of Mary without veil.

you are just religion bigot....face reality #ipod youth....stp d hate

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by caselessogbuagu: 6:49am On Mar 01, 2016
undecided
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by caselessogbuagu: 6:50am On Mar 01, 2016
ayoola05:
you are just religion bigot....face reality #ipod youth....stp d hate
you just don't read. Read again...

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Blackfire(m): 6:56am On Mar 01, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
I think there's nothing to respect in Christianity too and I can prove that without blinking.

please do.
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:03am On Mar 01, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
They're are being forced to join Islam.

The worst set of Christians I have seen in my life are those from Nigeria and they're mostly from the east.

They claim to be Catholic, bow before mother Mary to pray, follow the rev fathers and sisters in their various churches, but are more hateful than anyone. If not so, how can anyone that love mother Mary hate someone who covers her head? I'm yet to see a picture of Mary without veil.

They are so intolerant and often ignorant of their double standards - its so ridiculoulys stupid.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by caselessogbuagu: 7:07am On Mar 01, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

They are so intolerant and often ignorant of their double standards - its so ridiculoulys stupid.
they won't make use of what Mr. Maroni said.

3 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by allawizzow(m): 7:13am On Mar 01, 2016
sdindan:
Op are you okay?

Must you defend everything.

So females should open their heads during winter

typical zombie

winter in middle east. Guy u are slow

5 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by sdindan: 7:14am On Mar 01, 2016
allawizzow:

winter in middle. Guy u are slow

which middle Fast guy?
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by dulaman: 7:20am On Mar 01, 2016
Seun. mynd44

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Mamatee07: 7:37am On Mar 01, 2016
Mods front page, you must give people a right for rebuttal
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by frankyychiji(f): 7:45am On Mar 01, 2016
vedaxcool:
If an adult female decides to wear a scarf, I don't see how that turns into jerks convulsing all over the place. Wailing zombies are brainless, senseless and supporters of PDP criminals and criminality
Learn to keep quiet sometimes, good morning.

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by frankyychiji(f): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
he should have stood like John cena or undertaker before he could make you proud?
Yes nah!
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by frankyychiji(f): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
he should have stood like John cena or undertaker before he could make you proud?
Yes.
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by seunajia: 7:58am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:

Projecting our culture and who we're to our host is part of diplomacy, and be informed what Ms. Adesun represent there in NIGERIA not her personal interest.

Do you know of any occasion where the king of Qatar or Saudi Arabia have ever visited another country in a different attire?. Let me know, please.

I'm no ethnic oriented person, my nairaland archives is your witness.

Frankly, I don't know TF y'all are on about. All these because someone put on a scarf??

Nigerians at home do such things everyday, Muslims go to churches to attend their friends weddings and observe all the required etiquettes, Christians provide prayer space for their Muslim friends in their homes when it is time to do so.

Heck! Foreign dignitaries go to Nigeria and put on our attires!!! Ciara is going about in Iro and Buba at the moment.

But you find it so repulsive to see an adult put on a scarf, most likely out of her freewill, yet you claim what again?

Is this a manifestation of joblessness, village mentality, ne'er do well-ism, bigotry or all the above?

21 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Mamatee07: 8:05am On Mar 01, 2016
seunajia:

Frankly, I don't know TF y'all are on about. All these because someone put on a scarf??

Nigerians at home do such things everyday, Muslims go to churches to attend their friends weddings and observe all the required etiquettes, Christians provide prayer space for their Muslim friends in their homes when it is time to do so.

Heck! Foreign dignitaries go to Nigeria and put on our attires!!! Ciara is going about in Iro and Buba at the moment.

But you find it so repulsive to see an adult put on a scarf, most likely out of her freewill, yet you claim what again?

Is this a manifestation of joblessness, village mentality, ne'er do well-ism, bigotry or all the above?

Very true

11 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:27am On Mar 01, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
shut up and face the issue. Who's saying she should do what the whites do? Are we talking about culture here or religion? Why are you this shallow-minded and Inciteful? Come off it!

Adeosun is on an official visit with the president just like the "white people" who the OP used as the example , so that calls for comparison and does not in anyway depict slavery.

you to tell me how many times you have complained about adeosun wearing the clothes that belongs to the "whites" even while in Nigeria.

Ignore that hypocrite called musicwriter.

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:29am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:

Projecting our culture and who we're to our host is part of diplomacy, and be informed what Ms. Adesun represent there in NIGERIA not her personal interest.

Do you know of any occasion where the king of Qatar or Saudi Arabia have ever visited another country in a different attire?. Let me know, please.

I'm no ethnic oriented person, my nairaland archives is your witness.

Just Geraraheremehn!

You will kill yourself over nothing.

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by caselessogbuagu: 8:37am On Mar 01, 2016
frankyychiji:
Yes nah!
I see...
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:31am On Mar 01, 2016
ok
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by MadCow1: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3449472_picmix17_384_jpeg8e819ce768a24fc5f300a4704700dcc0

Kemi Adesoun wore a cape in the interest of the Nation.

I dont see the big deal here.

If she isnt complaining, then why are some people having sleepless nights over nothing?

8 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 01, 2016
Muslims should also learn to respect other peoples' culture/religion. I know that no muslim woman can ever remove her veil for such course.

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by kachnov(m): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2016
There is absolutely nothing wrong in wearing your veil as a mark of respect for you host,rihanna did same when she was in Saudi or so.

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by ibile1: 10:35am On Mar 01, 2016
Goddex:
[size=35pt]Photoshopped[/size]
Zombies will do everything to cover their shame

APC>>>>>>>SHAME
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by HoneySwag(f): 10:36am On Mar 01, 2016
nice
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by winterfell007(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2016
that shouldn't be of any importance. it is only natural they do it to show piety. they could choose not to wear it and nothing will happen
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:38am On Mar 01, 2016
CACAWA:
fear God sir. Ahhhh
Fayose's syndrome at work again! Submit ursef for permanent liberation!
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 01, 2016
Goddex:
[size=35pt]Photoshopped[/size]
Zombies will do everything to cover their shame
.......Photo shop where dem dey sale photo abi?

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by martineverest(m): 10:38am On Mar 01, 2016
The funny part is that,adeosun part is most revealing.

The wailers forget to complain that the president is standing while the minister seats

2 Likes

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by Seyigold1993: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2016
OMG...!!!...Re you guys still on this issue.Ts Outdated abeq.That ish was brought up on a day we won't witness until after four years. Let's discuss somethinq reasonable please
Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by tinsel: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2016
It is the legacy of Jonathan's years in office. Religious politics. It is what he left behind for us we are currently facing.

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by seguno2: 10:42am On Mar 01, 2016
It would seem that the three OTHER pictures are of women visiting a super RELIGIOUS place/mosque etc unlike Kemi who is in an office/palace signing a document.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3449472_picmix17_384_jpeg8e819ce768a24fc5f300a4704700dcc0

1 Like

Re: World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom by 9jatriot(m): 10:43am On Mar 01, 2016
musicwriter:

I cannot be one of the people to say she should use it because white people are using it. And, that's exactly what I'm still saying here.

I said "White man is not a standard for doing anything!". This means she should continue dressing as a Yoruba woman whether white people like it or not, whether white people use veil or not.

How many white people have ever dressed like this to Nigeria?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly Takes Over Power To Control CCT From Presidency / $50 Million Yacht Linked To Diezani’s Ally Sold / Diesel Price May Hit N1,500/litre, 75% Filling Stations Closed – Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.