Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested (8781 Views)

Ideye: Nigeria Players Use Juju / Super Falcons Coach Invites 36 Players To Camp / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by chyk91(m): 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2009
naija players will still find a way to beat this mri scan trust me, or else we wont win anymore age-grade competition.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Beaf: 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2009
chyk91:

naija players will still find a way to beat this mri scan trust me, or else we wont win anymore age-grade competition.

Na so native doctors say HIV is the result of not eating pawpaw. Defeat MRI scan ke shocked. . . ask our first generation. Kanu (who is at least 50) was the luckiest of them.
Let NFA show them pictures of Osondu now washing plates in Belgium or whatever sad job the Nigerian system has forced him to take up.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2009
Native doctors are gonna be ever so busy now. . . . .
I see this avenue as the only way out for age cheats. . . . . . . . . . .
We just want fairplay in sports at the end of the day, Nigeria and other cheating countries should bloody stop it! angry grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Redman44(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2009
We don't need to be scared by the Age-Test. It will only help us in the long run. I will be happy and fulfilled to see very young Nigerian boys defeating countries like Spain and Brazil to win FIFA Cadet Championships. The boys only need to be exposed to international competitions some months before the Junior World Cup tourneys. Our secondary School and Soccer Academy players are capable of doing us proud for years to come as Golden Eaglet Players. Cheers.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by chic2pimp(m): 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

Native doctors are gonna be ever so busy now. . . . .
I see this avenue as the only way out for age cheats. . . . . . . . . . .
We just want fairplay in sports at the end of the day, Nigeria and other cheating countries should bloody stop it! angry grin

hehehehe grin cheesy. Brash u wan employ me . It no go cheap oooo
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by AndreUweh(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2009
According to Wikipedia, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), or Nuclear Magnetic resonance Imaging (NMRI), is primarily a medical imaging technique most commonly used in radiology to visualize the internal structure and function of the body.
From the above definition, it will be difficult to give accurate ages of our eaglets using MRI. FIFA will not introduce it as it is not means to determine ages of people.
IMO, Birth Certificates should be used and where that is lacking, first day in primary school should be employed. Most pupils in Nigeria enrol into primary school at the age of five. From this avenue, we can determine the age of our players.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by lucillia90: 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2009
I also support but not only for Nigeria,

For all countries

especially Ghana!!! smiley
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

hehehehe grin cheesy. Brash u wan employ me . It no go cheap oooo

Ol boy i no need your service oo. . . . . grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by FBS: 10:28am On Jul 20, 2009
norin dey happen. Let the boys do the test.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 10:33am On Jul 20, 2009
FBS:

norin dey happen. Let the boys do the test.

And let us see how many of them will turn up for the test! tongue cheesy
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by FBS: 11:51am On Jul 20, 2009
MrCrackles:

And let us see how many of them will turn up for the test! tongue cheesy
Well, they will have no choice but to turn up if they want to make the team. cool
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Nezan(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2009
Players who are 10 years younger than their ages grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by AndreUweh(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
FIFA should come up with another idea of catching age cheats not the MRI scan. Here in the UK, I work with England's largest NHS Trust in a medical field. As a consequence, I go through lots of MRI Scans on regular basis and the results are no where close to detecting peoples ages.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Nezan(m): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2009
Andre Uweh:

FIFA should come up with another idea of catching age cheats not the MRI scan. Here in the UK, I work with England's largest NHS Trust in a medical field. As a consequence, I go through lots of MRI Scans on regular basis and the results are no where close to detecting peoples ages.
seriously, are you joking? shocked
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2009
Andre Uweh:

True, sometimes the results are inconclusive but it will still help for now. . . .
MRI scans coupled with dental records if available will help in the interim!
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by DoubleN(m): 1:03am On Jul 22, 2009
No be Naija again? Dem go find way bypass this MRI Scan.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by sley4life(m): 4:42am On Jul 22, 2009
never ending story
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by tentacle45: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2009
super eagles no get stress. even eaglets go over come am.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2009
tentacle45:

super eagles no get stress. even eaglets go over come am.

Fingers crossed! grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by zibby(m): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2009
Let the tests commence! About time too! grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by eldee(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2009
Andre Uweh:

It's inconclusive when a 21 year old is claiming to be 19
But for someone like Brash, that's 37 claiming to be 17 . . . come on grin grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by davidif: 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2009
I thought that bone marrow tests were only accurate to a couple of months?
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by dayokanu(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2009
In Trinidad 2001 when we were playing Japan and the commentator was introducing the players it was like all the players were in High School or recent Graduate But the Nigerians like Karimu Shuaibu, Brown, Temile had all played like 5 years in Nigerian top league before playing U17.

In 2007, Toni Kroos of Germany just finished his High school while Kabiru Akinsola who went for trials in India in 2004 failed and came back to join Eaglets. As at 2007, Akinsola had a wife who lived with him at Oworonsoki area of Lagos
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2009
dayokanu:

In Trinidad 2001 when we were playing Japan and the commentator was introducing the players it was like all the players were in High School or recent Graduate But the Nigerians like Karimu Shuaibu, Brown, Temile had all played like 5 years in Nigerian top league before playing U17.

In 2007, Toni Kroos of Germany just finished his High school while Kabiru Akinsola who went for trials in India in 2004 failed and came back to join Eaglets. As at 2007, Akinsola had a wife who lived with him at Oworonsoki area of Lagos

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Okwutex: 1:58am On Jul 29, 2009
This age of a thing is every where, just because we are Nigerians we have to sold our brothers, here in Europe we are seeing most of the age cheaters who are not from nija but they are all oyibo, the only country i know that are not involved in this mess is England, queen Eliza said that her people will not be involved in all this under 17 cos they suppose to be at school. why are we blaming our boys or men as we all know that in nija if you don't have connection or bribe coach of a club he will not offer u a chance in the team. abeg make we no blame the players but make we blame the government wey no make provision for proper registry of a child when given birth to. most of u wey dey make noise high or low your age before u get ur pasport so that the immigration will allow u travel. anything wey FIFa cary come we go jump and pass joo.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by eldee(m): 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2009
dayokanu:

I think the main problem is the fact that we expect 17 year old hot prospects to spring out from nowhere
Nigeria doesn't even have an U-18 league, we have only one world class football based academy . . . people even hire mercenaries in inter-school football tournaments.

The only way to find good 16 year olds is by raising them from 14. Easiest ay to do this is by creating an U-16 league and forcing all clubs to have a minimum amount of homegrown playes in their team
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 2:07pm On Jul 29, 2009
eldee:

I think the main problem is the fact that we expect 17 year old hot prospects to spring out from nowhere
Nigeria doesn't even have an U-18 league, we have only one world class football based academy . . . people even hire mercenaries in inter-school football tournaments.

The only way to find good 16 year olds is by raising them from 14. Easiest ay to do this is by creating an U-16 league and forcing all clubs to have a minimum amount of homegrown playes in their team

You are right. . . .
If i am correct the only world classed footie academy you are talking about is PEPSi right? i was in one of the Lagos teams over two summer holidays
Nigeria FA need to develop a youth and reserve team system for pro clubs. . . .most pro-clubs should operate that way
Funding is a major issue but trust me, loads of kids will play for peanuts if they are associated with pro-league clubs in a way!
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by eldee(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

You are right. . . .
If i am correct the only world classed footie academy you are talking about is PEPSi right? i was in one of the Lagos teams over two summer holidays
Nigeria FA need to develop a youth and reserve team system for pro clubs. . . .most pro-clubs should operate that way
Funding is a major issue but trust me, loads of kids will play for peanuts if they are associated with pro-league clubs in a way!

Yeah the Pepsi one is the only real youth Academy in Nigeria . . . and prolly one in Ilorin

The U-18 league system has worked in Spain and Holland, it will definitely work in Nigeria
When you need to get kids to win the U-18 league as a club, you end up digging for more kids for the future
It's an incentive . . . just like the homegrown player thing
If they make a rule that states that all clubs must have 5 players trained at the same club since they were 16, won't that cost less than organinsing MRI scans??
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2009
eldee:

Yeah the Pepsi one is the only real youth Academy in Nigeria . . . and prolly one in Ilorin
The U-18 league system has worked in Spain and Holland, it will definitely work in Nigeria
When you need to get kids to win the U-18 league as a club, you end up digging for more kids for the future
It's an incentive . . . just like the homegrown player thing
If they make a rule that states that all clubs must have 5 players trained at the same club since they were 16, won't that cost less than organinsing MRI scans??

I see a lotta of valuable points up there boss. . . . wink
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by chic2pimp(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2009
nothin dey shele. Nothin happen. Nothin spoil. We shall overcome all da ojoro against us. amen
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by chiogo(f): 4:53am On Aug 01, 2009
LMAO @ topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Falcons Player, Michelle Alozie Meets Davido (Photos) / I'm Having Issues Withdrawing From My Bet9ja Account Please Help / Morocco Defeats Mali 2-0 To Retain African Nations Championship Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.