Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested (8783 Views)

Ideye: Nigeria Players Use Juju / Super Falcons Coach Invites 36 Players To Camp / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by FBS: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2009
Samson Siasia Raises Alarm Over Nigeria U-20's Defence

The coach has expressed apprehension over his back line less than two months to the U-20 World Cup in Egypt,

Ahead of this year's FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt, Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has told Goal.com that he is growing grey hairs over his team's defensive setup.

"I'm still having problems in my defence, especially my central defence," Siasia said while reviewing his team's preparations for the tournament.

The former schoolboy international, Kingsley Udoh, has been the team's mainstay in the heart of the defence, but his lack of match fitness due to the fact that he has not been playing for a club has been evident of late.

Siasia has also battled to get a worthy partner for Udoh in the centre of the back four.

The coach also bemoaned the lack of quality substitutes in the team.

"One could see from our shock loss to Guatamala in the recent tournament in Egypt that the reserve players are not good enough. I wanted to give every player a chance, but unfortunately this backfired because we did not have the players from the bench to do the job," he said.

The former World Cup star disclosed that the Flying Eagles, as the national Under-20 side are known, will resume training in Abuja on August 8 ahead of their scheduled departure for final preparations in Mallorca.

"We plan to take on the national team of the armed forces in Abuja before we fly out to Spain," he said.

Several players from the domestic league, like Kano Pillars midfielder Shehu Shagari and Osanga King, are expected to now battle for places in the final squad, as Siasia plans to call up as many as 30 players for this final leg of the team's build-up.

"Shagari is a very hard working player, and in our final game against Egypt, Osanga really impressed," said Siasia.

Also expected to stake a claim in the final World Cup squad will be the AC Milan pair of Nnamdi Oduamadi and Harmony Ikande. Oduamadi has been promoted from Milan's youth team to the seniors and recently featured against city rivals Inter in a pre-season game

http://goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2009/08/04/1420870/samson-siasia-raises-alarm-over-nigeria-u-20s-defence

Would you believe that? Who says we ain't got no youthful legs? wink
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2009
FBS:

Would you believe that? Who says we ain't got no youthful legs? wink

What are saying?
That we have young players who are not three decades old afterall grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by FBS: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

What are saying?
That we have young players who are not three decades old afterall grin

Believe it, we do have young players and really I, don't think every single Nigerian player lie about their "true" ages.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2009
FBS:

Believe it, we do have young players and really I, don't think every single Nigerian player lie about their "true" ages.

I laugh in Bamako! shocked grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by FBS: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

I laugh in Bamako! shocked grin grin grin
grin
Better start laughing in Tora Bora. tongue grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by xabi4eva: 10:01am On Aug 05, 2009
if it works out, then consider more jobless people in nigeria coz yawa go gas. i wish they could do same to civil servants and politicians too. some wan die on top seat
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by raffite: 11:39am On Mar 31, 2012
Those of you looking forward to a successful soccer career as a player. Africana Sports International (ASI) is an African-based soccer players scouting outfit that source for young, talented footballers all over Africa nurture and sharpen their skills and then make them professionals in Europe, South and North America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia through associates of experienced football scouts, FIFA agents, clubs, coaches and other managers worldwide.
www.africanasports.com
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by raffite: 11:06am On May 07, 2012

Those of you looking forward to a successful soccer career as a player. Africana Sports International (ASI) is an African-based football players scouting outfit that source for young, talented footballers all over Africa nurture them and then make them professionals in Europe, South and North America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia through associates of experienced football scouts, FIFA agents, clubs, coaches and other managers worldwide.

Phone: +234-8035070731

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Falcons Player, Michelle Alozie Meets Davido (Photos) / I'm Having Issues Withdrawing From My Bet9ja Account Please Help / Morocco Defeats Mali 2-0 To Retain African Nations Championship Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.