Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,203 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki (929 Views)

PICS: PDP Chairman In Lagos Declares Interest In Ekiti Guber Race- The Cable / Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker / Conspiracy To Replace Abubakar Audu After The Guber Elections Exposed In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
BENIN—AHEAD of the 2016 governorship election in Edo State, a governorship aspirant of All Progressives Congress, APC, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has urged other aspirants and leaders of the party to see the forthcoming primaries of the party as a brotherly contest so as to avoid bad blood within the party.

Stressing his desire to consolidate on the achievements made by Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Obaseki, who also is the chairman of the Economic Team of the state government, commended members of the party and the people of the state for embracing the APC-led government in the state, adding that it was the only party that has the interest of the people at heart.

Obaseki, in a chat with newsmen in Benin, said: “I am only focused on what will better the lives of our people and that is why I want all of us, leaders and aspirants in APC, to see the forthcoming primaries as a family affair. I am aware that we have well respected personalities in this contest and I respect all of them. I see them as my brothers because we have worked very closely with some of them, to ensure that we assist our governor in the task to take Edo State to the next level.

“We have a greater task ahead because we have the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to confront in the general election. As a result, we must all see ourselves as one. That has been the philosophy of the APC and it is in that spirit that we were able to defeat the PDP in Edo State even when they were in charge of the Federal Government. And it is also in that spirit that we won at the federal level, which saw the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari who is today determined to bring positive change to Nigerians.

“Today in Edo State, the APC government led by the governor has made the difference and it is the task before those of us who are vying for the governorship to take it from this remarkable level which the governor has placed it to the next level. That is the task before us now and not to fight ourselves or to destroy ourselves.”
http://news.bestnaira.com/posts/view/edo-2016-we-must-all-see-the-guber-race-as-brotherly-contest-obaseki

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by Spanner4(m): 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hehehehe, E don turn to anoda thing
Make I sidan dey watch
Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by tsephanyah(f): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
No fight as enemies in public and brotherly in some places, politics
Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
Either they pdp takes it as brotherly contest or not, we must floor them even in their pulling booths come September 10th 2016.
We must sent the back to Egypt in Edo State because they are too uncivilized to be in Canaan.

OAM4J, Mynd44 make una come see our next governor speaking o.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by SouthernBreeze(m): 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
Obaseki is going nowhere. Edo is PDP and PDP is Edo

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
SouthernBreeze:
Obaseki is going nowhere. Edo is PDP and PDP is Edo
Dream on bro, dream on, its allowed.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by sosanova: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ize Iyamu is the man.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
sosanova:
Ize Iyamu is the man.
Your man or whose man?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by comos: 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
EDO FOR PDP PDP FOR EDO

1 Like

Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by osemwengie1: 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
If Edebiri wins pdp's ticket, then he is the governor. Edebiri is the people's choice
Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by osemwengie1: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
@op Obaseki will not win APC ticket, Oshiomole's plan to rig it for him as failed. The Iyamoh uni scam he and Oshio did will be exposed by any candidate of the APC /Pdp that will eventually win the election.
Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by WATCHOVER(m): 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
I see PDP winning
Re: Edo 2016: We Must All See The Guber Race As Brotherly Contest — Obaseki by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Bro, @Smellymouth

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Change!!! Donald Trump Insults Nigeria Administration / See What Fuel Scarcity Cause And Who Do U Think Is To Be Blame / Area Boys Attack Family In Sokoto, Butcher Them With Machetes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.