Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,338 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years (38238 Views)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Laolu Akande Appointed As Osinbajo’s Spokesperson By Buhari / Buhari To Appoint Laolu-Akande, As Osinbajo's Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by waldigit: 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
obailala:
This dullness has reached epic and disturbing proportions. The 11 roads you mentioned above all existed before 2006.

Ezenwammadu, I suppose you should be an educated and enlightened person that should know the meaning of the word 'NEW'?

Now I do not have full info on the current conditions of all the REPAIRED roads you mentioned but at least I know the condition of the following which concern me:
- GEJ did not start the East-West Rd and he did not finish it. The road is still a long way from being completed.
- GEJ did not start the Abuja-Lokoja Rd and he did not finish it. A large chunk of the road is yet to be completed.
- GEJ did not start the Onitsha-Owerri road project, 95% of that project was completed under OBJ, GEJ only completed about 5% of the job and commissioned it.

I do not understand how or why these roads are being mentioned as NEW roads, these are roads that all existed before I was born. Even in terms of repairing the roads, GEJ only did portions, he didn't start and he didnt finish the jobs. So how these roads are CONSTANTLY being mentioned as GEJ's sole achievements completely beats my imagination.

Do you really have time for these misplaced priority lots. The only thing they have chosen to see in this dispensation is mischief and wailing. And what you see is what you get rule has kicked in for them. So don't fret yourself they will be fine may be with time.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Jerryolumide(m): 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2016
tsephanyah:
I noticed it, thanks I can modify it, but I choose otherwise.
I'm sorry, didn't actually get it. Hope you ain't offended??
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Abdulhakeem7(m): 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
tsephanyah:
can u tell us one promise Apc said during election and was started talkless of completing,, I will go to Twitter and challenge that,,,, #lies is Apc and there motives is propaganda and conspiracy.
APC has being in power for less dan 10 months in a time dat ur PDP depleted our reserves and u're equating APC with pdp. In those years dat oil sold above $100 p/b didn't pdp make campaign promises and how many did dey fulfill?d little they were able to do were inflated to d highest level. Look at d GEJ's locomotive rail project worth billions of dollars while d Ethiopia light rail was less dan $500m. Shame to pdp. No excuse at all for their failure.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by mikolo80: 1:05am On Mar 05, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road 2. East- west road 3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation 4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation 5. Onitsha head-bridge 6. Onitsha Owerri expressway 7. Von-Machok RD 8. Katsina Daura rd 9. The east-west RD 10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE) 11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)
not one has been completed. not one
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by mikolo80: 1:06am On Mar 05, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation
4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation
5. Onitsha head-bridge
6. Onitsha Owerri expressway
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE)
11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)
not one has been completed. not one and 400 ppl who don't travel are liking like mumu
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by mikolo80: 1:08am On Mar 05, 2016
codedguy1:

Why start building new roads when the ones available that can practically link 80- 90% of comunities, towns and cities need rehabilitation.

So govt should start bulldozing trees and constructing new bridges from lagos to ibadan when the existing road can be expanded.

If Osinbajo was querrying the amount of rehabiltated roads and claims that they were not enough compared with the 10yr span, I can understand, but he knew he would not get anywhere with that accusation especially when fashola has a contrary view.

Let Osinbajo name where we need a new road and let's see if venturing into that will make sense.

Most places are usually connected and just need rehabilitation, expansion of the road and where necessary divert the road or build a bridge to connect two communities.
roads can be rebuilt. not resurfaced and wash away before rainy season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Plots To Bomb Computer Village Lagos, Worship Centres & Parks Uncovered By DSS / El-Rufai Warns Buhari In 30-Page Memo / Arrogant Wike Thinks PDP Can't Win Osun Without Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.