Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years (38248 Views)

"There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / Laolu Akande Appointed As Osinbajo’s Spokesperson By Buhari / Buhari To Appoint Laolu-Akande, As Osinbajo's Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ekugbeh(m): 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Aufbauh:
Epic question!
Where are the #PDPHOUSEOFHUNGER followers?
The object of the superior man is truth not falsehood and vain blabbing.
The gullibility of the PDP e-rats is pitiful and shameful.
They lived in bitterness peddling falsehood, opposing all that is good and wishing evil for our dear country Nigeria.
The most effective thing is that we have a president that is focused and determined, not swerved by praise or senseless criticism.
first of all who debating him in d first place or how does dis gat to do with d naira heading southwards.
Ma bro. U knw n i knw very well dat dis just a propaganda which is too late. He shud beta b advise on hw to channel his energy on more disturbing challenges rather than dance lyk an unclad masquerade in d open market square.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
Is anybody against or support the motion.
LadyExcellency:

Construction of Kankara Gurbi road

Construction of the Loko – Oweto Bridge linking Nasarawa and Benue States

Construction of Bida – Sacci – Nupeko Road

Construction of Oju – Obussa – Ainu Road

Construction of Jarmai – Bashar road

Construction of Jalingo – Kuna Lau Road (Section II)

Construction of Gombe – By Pass Road

Reconstruction of Benin – Abraka phase I

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Opinedecandid(m): 3:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
If Osinbajo through his aide can condescend this low to ask this kind of question instead of telling and doing his own bid, and despite the fact that the present administration's work minister who has all the records has earlier said the government of President GEJ constructed the highest number of roads ever in the country, then I must say, it is SAD!

I need not say more.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
Standing5:
You royal mùmú-ness na top notch oh. So GEJ completed the above mentioned roads? You even duplicated lies in a bid to express robustness of your sophisticated ignorance.
Myndd44 rule 2 has been broken

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by baralatie(m): 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
Standing5:
So GEJ completed the above mentioned roads? You even duplicated lies in a bid to express robustness of your sophisticated ignorance.
Na who complete Benin ore road Ba!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by anigbajumo(m): 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
It is obvious that some people cnt differentiate between construction of NEW roads and REHABILITATION of existing roads....why are some people so daft like this??

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by codedguy1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
PAINGAIN:
hey i don't take politicians for their word, heck i don't even listen to them but i just want to know what osibanjo promised to do about the lack of new roads in the last ten years.

Why start building new roads when the ones available that can practically link 80- 90% of comunities, towns and cities need rehabilitation.

So govt should start bulldozing trees and constructing new bridges from lagos to ibadan when the existing road can be expanded.

If Osinbajo was querrying the amount of rehabiltated roads and claims that they were not enough compared with the 10yr span, I can understand, but he knew he would not get anywhere with that accusation especially when fashola has a contrary view.

Let Osinbajo name where we need a new road and let's see if venturing into that will make sense.

Most places are usually connected and just need rehabilitation, expansion of the road and where necessary divert the road or build a bridge to connect two communities.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by babyfaceafrica: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hmmmm....person mention benin-ore road abi..dat person must see a shrink,when did they start the benin ore road when did they finish it?...all na patch patch work...God dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
phemmyutd:

you were only asked to name Just one Road build by PDP and not to tell us stories.

stop diverting our attention
oh u nailed it, Apc sherrifs are the one diverting ur attention, free ur self from this Apc slavery

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 3:32pm On Mar 01, 2016
Seglaw01:

Answer question u no gree answer u dey compare 10month govt. wit 10yrs govt.
why can't. they, in 10month they said they can do alote, what have they done, unless destroying a house about to collapse by itself, they are still campaigning with ur mind and brain,,, there is #freeyourselfromApcpropaganda in Twitter pls log in there and ague maybe someone will convince you and free u, because I'm not good in writing stuffs, I'm not writer or chunua achebe wanabe

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
3. Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation
4. Kano-Maiduguri Dualisation
5. Onitsha head-bridge
6. Onitsha Owerri expressway
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
10. IJEBU IGBO-SEKONA (OGUN STATE)
11. GOMBE BYPASS ROAD (GOMBE STATE)
This dullness has reached epic and disturbing proportions. The 11 roads you mentioned above all existed before 2006.

Ezenwammadu, I suppose you should be an educated and enlightened person that should know the meaning of the word 'NEW'?

Now I do not have full info on the current conditions of all the REPAIRED roads you mentioned but at least I know the condition of the following which concern me:
- GEJ did not start the East-West Rd and he did not finish it. The road is still a long way from being completed.
- GEJ did not start the Abuja-Lokoja Rd and he did not finish it. A large chunk of the road is yet to be completed.
- GEJ did not start the Onitsha-Owerri road project, 95% of that project was completed under OBJ, GEJ only completed about 5% of the job and commissioned it.

I do not understand how or why these roads are being mentioned as NEW roads, these are roads that all existed before I was born. Even in terms of repairing the roads, GEJ only did portions, he didn't start and he didnt finish the jobs. So how these roads are CONSTANTLY being mentioned as GEJ's sole achievements completely beats my imagination.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
nesta007:

Apc never use one year and for ur info them never pass this year budget. #Wailer
I'm too dumb to understand u, can anyone break it to me...and now I knew what wailer is,,thanks to Google,, so anyone not supporting Apc or buhari is wailer, and most igbo are wailer,,,, lame idea I ever heard,,, Apc is the real wailer if that should be the case,, they wail too much to the extent that the world think Nigeria will blow up,, British and America somehow instilled fear in goodluck mind to secure there interest,, and he gave up, handed over the government to the league of greatest wailers ever created,, now they have the government and they cannot handle it always confused,,, and there angry fellow youth who voted them to government instead of wailing to there leaders who con them, there are ashamed of it and diverting there shamefulness and mistakes to PDP supporters, to the extent if u disagree with Apc u are Ippod, iPad or militant, now that I'm not militant and only miles from buhari home town to ours, What am I?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
nesta007:

Apc never use one year and for ur info them never pass this year budget. #Wailer
I'm too dumb to understand u, can anyone break it to me.
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Opinedecandid:
If Osinbajo through his aide can condescend this low to ask this kind of question instead of telling and doing his own bid, and despite the fact that the present administration's work minister who has all the records has earlier said the government of President GEJ constructed the highest number of roads ever in the country, then I must say, it is SAD!

I need not say more.
The VP innocently made a simple statement of fact that NEW roads were not built. Since last week, losers and airheads all over Nigeria have been calling him unprintable names. In view of that, there is nothing wrong in his spokesman asking this kind of question to clear the air.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
doctokwus:

People are talking of 10yrs,u are talking of 9months.
Are u ok at all?
no I'm not owk, are u owk with 9months of Apc please be sincere to yourself, all I'm getting is this country is going down day by day, sinking like titanic

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by homosapien(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
can u tell us one promise Apc sayed during election and was begging talkless of completing, doh I'm not in the country I will go to Twitter and challenge u about that,,,, lies is Apc and there motives is propaganda and conspiracy.

Please dear, Answer the question first, then create a thread for those grievances of urs.

Not to sound rude, modify your post.

8 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by gunuvi(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
This dullness has reached epic and disturbing proportions.

The 11 roads you mentioned above, were they not all existing before 2006?
Ezenwammadu I suppose you should be an educated and enlightened person, so what part of the word NEW do you not understand?

Now I do not have full info on the current conditions of all the REPAIRED roads you mentioned but at least I know the condition of the following which concern me:
- GEJ did not start the East-West Rd and he did not finish it. The road is still a long way from being completed.
- GEJ did not start the Abuja-Lokoja Rd and he did not finish it. A large chunk of the road is yet to be completed.
- GEJ did not start the Onitsha-Owerri road project, 95% of that project was completed under OBJ, GEJ only completed about 5% of the job and commissioned it.

I do not understand how or why these roads are being mentioned as NEW roads, these are roads that all existed before I was born. Even in terms of repairing the roads, GEJ only did portions, he didn't start and he didnt finish the jobs. So how these roads are CONSTANTLY being mentioned as GEJ's sole achievements completely beats my imagination.
my brother, you are just fooling yourself. Were there no roads in villages before governments do come and reconstruct it? You people just swin in foolishness. Shame

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by tsephanyah(f): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
doctokwus:

People are talking of 10yrs,u are talking of 9months.
Are u ok at all?
no I'm not owk, are u owk with 9months of Apc please be sincere to yourself, all I'm seeing and hearing, this country is going down day by day, sinking like titanic
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by shaddoww: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
tsephanyah:
can u tell us one promise Apc sayed during election and was begging talkless of completing, doh I'm not in the country I will go to Twitter and challenge u about that,,,, lies is Apc and there motives is propaganda and conspiracy.
APC said u mean? I hope u know dat, if d president should spend anything now on any project which he proposed in d budget which is yet to be passed, it is an impeachable offence. And am sure u know some people are waiting for him to make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by aresa: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD

Dis one don fail WAEC...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by stzy(m): 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
APC!!! .... Even as u guys are spreading integriity issues allover the country(budget issue, failing campaign promises e.g 5k to vulnerable nigerians, and other lies), u guys are asking for a started-finished new federal road. APC are all supporting the question now bt when thetable is turned they will say they rather recontruct d old 1s... Onitsha- owerri road is a new road 2 us, Benin-ore road is new 2 us, Gombe bypass a 90km nightmare is new 2 us, Numan-Yola road is new 2 us, Otukpo-ugbokolo road is new 2 us, we are waiting 4 d APC 2 finish second niger bridge which was allocated 17billion this fiscal year... Oh hey the budget hasn't been passed yet(integrity issue)... With all this issues on integrity hw do we believe in 2019 that they did anything at all when it can b a huge lie?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by theshadyexpress(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
The VP's lie has already been proven in this thread with pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/2963588/fellow-nigerians-vice-president-lied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by MadCow1: 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road INCOMPLETE
2. East- west road INCOMPLETE
5. Onitsha head-bridge INCOMPLETE.. The Onitcha Headbridge contract runs from Head bridge to Enugu..
6. Onitsha Owerri expressway INCOMPLETE and currently being washed away by erosion. There is a place on that road where both side merge into one lane to avoid that big drop.
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD Repeated on your list & still very very INCOMPLETE

The parts I didnt comment on are the roads I dont know..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
gunuvi:

my brother, you are just fooling yourself. Were there no roads in villages before governments do come and reconstruct it? You people just swin in foolishness. Shame
Are you by any chance arguing that there is no such thing as a NEW road? And with this sort of reasoning you think I am foolish? God helps us! How did Jonathan just attract these kind of things as his supporters? lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by obailala(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
MadCow1:

The parts I didnt comment on are the roads I dont know..
The Abuja-Lokoja Abaji Dualisation project has been going on since the early days of OBJ. It is still INCOMPLETE

7 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by ify84(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
If I don't know of any other, I am sure of onitsha head bridge 8 Lane dualization...
Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by baralatie(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
codedguy1:

Why start building new roads when the ones available that can practically link 80- 90% of comunities, towns and cities need rehabilitation.

So govt should start bulldozing trees and constructing new bridges from lagos to ibadan when the existing road can be expanded.

If Osinbajo was querrying the amount of rehabiltated roads and claims that they were not enough compared with the 10yr span, I can understand, but he knew he would not get anywhere with that accusation especially when fashola has a contrary view.

Let Osinbajo name where we need a new road and let's see if venturing into that will make sense.

Most places are usually connected and just need rehabilitation, expansion of the road and where necessary divert the road or build a bridge to connect two communities.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by shaddoww: 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
1. The Benin-Ore road
2. East- west road
5. Onitsha head-bridge
7. Von-Machok RD
8. Katsina Daura rd
9. The east-west RD
What of dat road u people imported from Cameroun during d election?

14 Likes

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by kilokeys(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
Its been 9 months.... Which road have they started?

APC.. Chai.
I wanna know how many new Road you guys can build in thr next 3 years 3 months

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
obailala:
This dullness has reached epic and disturbing proportions. The 11 roads you mentioned above all existed before 2006.

Ezenwammadu, I suppose you should be an educated and enlightened person that should know the meaning of the word 'NEW'?

And why should new roads be constructed while the old ones are left to waste away

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fayose Asks EFCC To Read John 8 Vs 7 / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / Did ‘International Community’ Threaten Supreme Court Justices On Imo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.