Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Must Read: Why Nigerians Need To Start Investing In Gold And Not Iphone 6 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Must Read: Why Nigerians Need To Start Investing In Gold And Not Iphone 6 (790 Views)

Why Nigerians Should Embrace Snake Rearing - Abubakar Ballah / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Will Not Make Money Online / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Why Nigerians Need To Start Investing In Gold And Not Iphone 6 by CashdownNG: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
Okay, My apologies to Iphone 6 users. I know, the headline strikes the nerve after remembering how long one must have saved and all for that. However, old things have passed away and now you can invest your money into something that’s so old: Gold.

You might say, why would i invest in that, or how do i do so or it’s not my thing and all but here are some good reasons to do so.

A History of Holding Its Value

Unlike paper currency, coins or other assets, gold has maintained its value throughout the ages. People see gold as a way to pass on and preserve their wealth from one generation to the next

Increasing Demand

In previous years, increased wealth of emerging market economies boosted demand for gold. In many of these countries, gold is intertwined into the culture. India is one of the largest gold-consuming nations in the world; it has many uses there, including jewelry. For example, the Indian wedding season in October is traditionally the time of the year that sees the highest global demand for gold (though it has taken a tumble in 2012.) In China, where gold bars are a traditional form of saving, the demand for gold has been steadfast.

Naira Devaluation

Naira ‘s weakness against the dollar is as old as the serpent and eve. No matter what, we don’t see it overcoming the Dollar in the next decade at least and with investment options few and far between, Instead of tying your money on gadgets that will surely depreciate in value every passing day or a foreign exchange that’s fluctuating like a virtual see-saw, you might want to put your treasures on a steady shore.

The Bottom Line
Gold should be an important part of a diversified investment portfolio because its price increases in response to events that cause the value of paper investments, such as stocks and bonds, to decline. Although the price of gold can be volatile in the short term, it has always maintained its value over the long term. Through the years, it has served as a hedge against inflation and the erosion of major currencies, and thus is an investment well worth considering.

That’s all.

Culled from http://www.cashdown.com.ng/2016/03/01/why-nigerians-need-to-start-investing-in-gold-instead-of-iphone-6/

Re: Must Read: Why Nigerians Need To Start Investing In Gold And Not Iphone 6 by CashdownNG: 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2016
Get more updates on investing and converting valuables for cash @ www.cashdown.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Hair Extensions Manufacturer, Toupee Supplier, China Lace Wigs Wholesale / Photos: Dangote Commissions $1billion Cement Factory In Edo State / Dollar Drops To N320

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.