Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers (17633 Views)

Owerri Royal Fathers Endorse Market Demolition / "Igbo In The North Must Dissociate From Kanu, Biafra" - Dasuki / Northern Royal Fathers Meet With Igbo Royal Fathers In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Chanchit: 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
Oguguah:

Funny enough, you don't do that to your Fulani masters when they come for your farms, lands and daughters

Mio raye ejo wewe. To ba ti bi yin re continue witH that name.
Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Elbowroom: 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
chuose:

You see why Nigerians views on one Nigeria does not work.

The west hates IBO people.

Yet they expect them to remain in Nigeria

The hatred for the ibos is so bad see.

[img]http://radiobiafra.co/images/photos/Yoruba-igbo-protest.jpg[/img]

So please Yoruba people since you hate the IBO's, why do you want to remain with them

Did yoruba people said you should not go?
or have you packed your load leaving for your village & lagosians or yoruba people are begging you not to go?

I laugh at stupid comments like yours....hahahaha

Pack your loads & leave nobody cares or gives a f_ck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by ofedegbe(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
chuose:

You see why Nigerians views on one Nigeria does not work.

The west hates IBO people.

Yet they expect them to remain in Nigeria

The hatred for the ibos is so bad see.

[img]http://radiobiafra.co/images/photos/Yoruba-igbo-protest.jpg[/img]

So please Yoruba people since you hate the IBO's, why do you want to remain with them

please can you explain how the above pictures depicts hatred
cos all I saw was a group of people asking you to respect their traditions peacefully

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by softtouch2(m): 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
ofedegbe:

please can you explain how the above pictures depicts hatred
cos all I saw was a group of people asking you to respect their traditions peacefully

Don't mind them jare.
Igbo don't respect their own kind. They wanted to establish prototypes of their village colonies right inside another man's land.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Viktor1983(m): 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nellybii:

No need to wonder. The answer is simple. When the British got to the North and West, they met well established traditional institutions with intelligently designed hierarchy and orderliness. Unfortunately when they got to the east they met Chaos, zero orderliness and no defined leadership structures. This is the status quo in the east till today. No respect for any constituted authority at all. It is a shame that any normal people can be proud of this.

Nah , you ain't from the east....
you don't know anything about us. You can only assume.
would have taken my time to explain a couple of stuffs to you but it's going to be of no use.
just keep assuming.
Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Nellybii: 1:24am On Mar 02, 2016
Viktor1983:

Nah , you ain't from the east....
you don't know anything about us. You can only assume.
would have taken my time to explain a couple of stuffs to you but it's going to be of no use.
just keep assuming.

No need to explain what I know to me. I am very vast in African history. There is even s proverb in igbo language meaning the igbo man doesn't have a boss.
Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:08am On Mar 02, 2016
superstar1:
Thank God for the merciless Akure cane.

You mean like this?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Viktor1983(m): 8:03am On Mar 02, 2016
Nellybii:

No need to explain what I know to me. I am very vast in African history. There is even s proverb in igbo language meaning the igbo man doesn't have a boss.

There are some things I will never know about the West or the North too.No matter how hard I try.
Even if there's a course, in the university called "ndi igbo", it'll still be hard.
We fought a war, faced hunger, endured defeat, watched our children, son's , relations die. saw our wives , girlfriends ,daughters get raped or even follow soldiers from the Nigerian side out of " Longer throat"....

Except you meant to tell me one of ur parent come from here...
Only kids from such intertribal unions can dare.
Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 02, 2016
zuchyblink:
That is our way of life and it is not against any law. Be proud of whom you are. My culture is flexible and not rigid like hausa and Yoruba. If u don't like it plz go and advice from oshomole

You and who? speak for you and your family not the rest of us Igbos!!!! so far you live in Washington DC you are subject to the laws of the state and its elected officials, the Mayor, Congress man, DA and such. If you live in Kaduna you are subject to the Emir, GOvernor and such!! If you live in Oyo, you are subject to their own Oba, Governor and State laws!!!!

If you want a King to rule over you go home to our Eastern States!!! The Igwe i recognize is in my Village in Anambra State!!! Not some Hoodlum in Lagos answering Eze Ndigbo!!!

Doing such only makes you appear hostile and incisive!! Its not rocket science!! If you want to be an Eze GO TO THE EAST AND CONTEST!!!

Stop making the rest of us hard working , law abiding Igbos look bad!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by softtouch2(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
lestat:

You and who? speak for you and your family not the rest of us Igbos!!!! so far you live in Washington DC you are subject to the laws of the state and its elected officials, the Mayor, Congress man, DA and such. If you live in Kaduna you are subject to the Emir, GOvernor and such!! If you live in Oyo, you are subject to their own Oba, Governor and State laws!!!!

If you want a King to rule over you go home to our Eastern States!!! The Igwe i recognize is in my Village in Anambra State!!! Not some Hoodlum in Lagos answering Eze Ndigbo!!!

Doing such only makes you appear hostile and incisive!! Its not rocket science!! If you want to be an Eze GO TO THE EAST AND CONTEST!!!

Stop making the rest of us hard working , law abiding Igbos look bad!!!

1,000,000 Likes for this concise feedback! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Nellybii: 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2016
Viktor1983:

There are some things I will never know about the West or the North too.No matter how hard I try.
Even if there's a course, in the university called "ndi igbo", it'll still be hard.
We fought a war, faced hunger, endured defeat, watched our children, son's , relations die. saw our wives , girlfriends ,daughters get raped or even follow soldiers from the Nigerian side out of " Longer throat"....

Except you meant to tell me one of ur parent come from here...
Only kids from such intertribal unions can dare.

Yeah you guessed right Am from both sides but I have to be factual. I dont really like some aspects of the culture eg treatment of widows. and not respecting elders
Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Viktor1983(m): 6:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
Nellybii:

Yeah you guessed right Am from both sides but I have to be factual. I dont really like some aspects of the culture eg treatment of widows. and not respecting elders

U rarely see the widow treatment these days, with a lot of ladies being educated, it's almost gone into oblivion.
I'm from Anambra state I can tell you that's it's no more here.
I can't say for States like ebonyi who are yet to catch up buh with time we'll get there.
Forget those movies that depict the widow ish, most of em just tryna amplify their message and make money.
There are some other bad aspect of my culture that I'm not too proud to start bringing up. I hope in the nearest future I'll be part of some sort of change or revolution.
it's a numbers game.The youths are in millions, the elders are in thousands. We'll teach em .

Anyways it's a pleasure to meet u here Nwadi-ani.
Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by coolscott(m): 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
nairalandbuzz:
Ohanaeze bars Igbo in Diaspora from acting as royal fathers

LAGOS—To ensure harmonious co-existence between Igbo in Diaspora and their host communities as well as reduce the misunderstanding relating the use of Igbo words and culture, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has banned Igbo people from acting as traditional rulers outside Igboland.

They can function as cultural leaders but on no account should they use ‘His Royal Majesty, HRM, His Royal Highness, HRH or such other traditional rulers’ appellations.

These were part of the guidelines issued by the Ohanaeze Committee raised to investigate and provide guidelines for the installation of the Igbo Cultural Leaders outside Igboland. Chaired by Second Republic politician, Chief Guy Ikokwu with Chief John Uche as secretary, the committee, which was raised in May 2015, and the new guidelines were hammered out at a meeting held in Lagos on February 22 and 23, 2016.

The meeting, attended by various cultural leaders from Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, Akwa Ibom, Republic of Benin and Ghana was presided over by the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Enwo Igariwey. In a joint statement, Ikokwu and Uche said the meeting came up with far reaching decisions on the issues.

The decisions include: ‘’No Igbo Cultural Leader in any local government area, State or community should be referred to as traditional ruler and none of them should as a prefix to their names use the words His Royal Majesty, His Royal Highness, or such other traditional ruler appellations. But any Ndi Igbo cultural leader anywhere in Diaspora can be made traditional ruler by the Government Traditional Council at the state or country in keeping with their custom and tradition with prior endorsement of the apex Ohanaeze body.

‘’A Council of Eze Ndi Igbo is now established for Lagos State, with a Council of 12 Eze Ndi Igbo from which council a Chairman of Eze Ndi Igbo Lagos State was chosen in the person of Eze H.N. Ohazuluike as chairman. Eze Ndi Igbo Eze Anthony Chigbo Elui was designated as Deputy Chairman, Eze Ndi Igbo John Nwosu designated Secretary, Eze Ndi Igbo Uche C. I. Dimgba as designated Treasurer, Eze Ndi Igbo Pat Eneh as Financial Secretary, Eze Ndi Igbo Christian U. Nwachukwu was designated as member of the committee.’’

The meeting also considered the regulations which will be adopted by Ohanaeze for the verification and certification of any Ndi Igbo cultural leaders in the Diaspora who want to be known as Eze Igbo (cultural leader) or Eze Udo (Peace maker).

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/ohanaeze-bars-igbo-in-diaspora-from-acting-as-royal-fathers/
[size=13pt]Good and great move by the Ohanaeze. I have often wondered how people could just appoint themselves chiefs and it would stand. In no other culture would it work in Nigeria. Not in my ethnic group for sure.
Also, traditional seats are anciently placed stools in ancient lands. How can you have a traditional seat in other people's lands. That seat has no history.

The right move in the right direction of self-respect from Igbo people with the Igbo trad leaders taking the initiative
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Prince16: 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
zuchyblink:
sanity is knowing what is good and bad. Having an Eze in lagos and killing people in Agatu which one is good and bad? No law is against having a mornarch outside ur territory......Ndi ara

StOla:
[/b]

How can a monarch exist outside of his own territory?
Is the said monarch living in exile?

Ohaneze has rightly termed such EzeNdigbos as cultural chairmen, which is even in line with your opinion on preserving and projecting the Igbo culture in foreign land.

So why exactly do you need such cultural chairmen to term themselves "His Royal Highness/Majesty"?

It is very foolish for a butterfly to think itself a bird.

Akure cane will certainly be employed where such stubborn and arrogant defaulters are found.

An African saying,"it's not a crime 4 a child to desire leprosy so long as he's comfortable living ALONE in d (evil) forest".

Pls, no need 4 d bird to argue seniority with d butterfly who claims they are equals. The winged creature (of the two) that successfully glides across d path of d frog is d bird, but d one dt ends up in d frog's belly is the butterfly. Shikena!

#Action~speaks~louder~than~words
Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
Viktor1983:
These ohaneze folks are funny .
Have u ever wondered why the British ruled the North and West indirectly , then administered the East directly?
The igbo man does not give a hoot about authority.
To be respected you have to earn respect.
Having a bogus name like "Ohaneze" don't matter.
All my life with have only seen and heard about Ohaneze on TV and the Internet.
Until y'all affect ppls life, you'll keep staying in oblivion

So you think its okay to go to someone else's homeland and proclaim yourself King?
Re: Ohanaeze Bars Igbo In Diaspora From Acting As Royal Fathers by Nellybii: 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
Viktor1983:

U rarely see the widow treatment these days, with a lot of ladies being educated, it's almost gone into oblivion.
I'm from Anambra state I can tell you that's it's no more here.
I can't say for States like ebonyi who are yet to catch up buh with time we'll get there.
Forget those movies that depict the widow ish, most of em just tryna amplify their message and make money.
There are some other bad aspect of my culture that I'm not too proud to start bringing up. I hope in the nearest future I'll be part of some sort of change or revolution.
it's a numbers game.The youths are in millions, the elders are in thousands. We'll teach em .

Anyways it's a pleasure to meet u here Nwadi-ani.

My pleasure too uwlc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pessimists Versus Atiku: History Can Change / MURIC: Buhari’s Government Is The Best Since Independence / Abimbola Adelakun: "Femi Adesina Did Not Change" -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.