Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes (64886 Views)

Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes / Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by MadCow1: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2016
wexyee:
lol exactly wat was on my mind. Later u go here them dey talk say they the bst business set of people

We actually are. Dont get it twisted.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by juman(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2016
Nothing special.

Mostly nah fronting for those useless "leaders" thing.

In nigeria one can sleep as a poor person and wake up as a billionaire.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by MadCow1: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2016
Holyman3:

The Igbos prefer that 100 people have 1 million each, than two men having 50 million each.
Thats why they are better off without Nigeria.
One Igbo man goes home, picks up a boy, teaches him business, settles him in six years and the boy starts his own business. In two years, he goes home and picks up more boys.
All them boys in Alaba and Trade fair did not just jump into a bus and come to Lagos.

Amen to that sir.

Nobody can argue with this fact at all..
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by goodgate: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Na by hard work, explicit expectations without resultant effort is more of a fantasy
Don't forget GOD's grace, without it hardwork amounts to nothing.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Ralphdan(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Interesting how no Igbo Man ever makes the Forbes list.

grin

Anyone care to explain why?
p

because Hausa and yoruba collaborated to reduce them to zero after the Civil War.But still they are the most comfortable ethnic group in Africa.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2016
jamesibor:

They do not list their businesses.

Alakija and Rabiu's companies are not listed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by saintkel(m): 9:11am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Lol.

No be you say make I dey there?
Na you keep me there.
Lolz morning dear
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by expatriate(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Singing Enya 'ONLY TIME'
Btw how does forbes do the statistics and Arthor Eze n' Ukpo no deh Their undecided
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
Hmmmm.

What do this Billionaires do that we don't do?

I mean, how do they acquire so much wealth?

Does it mean they are the ones that husstle most?

Abi, na dem get brain pass?

And, Yes, life is not fair. how can it bless one person with so much wealth and let another person be as poor as church rat.?

Meanwhile, why is it that the ratio of rich men are higher than that of rich women?

Is it that God or luck favours men most?
There's your reason right there.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by MrScript(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

#madCow

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Depot(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

Simply because they have not been part of the National cake. They are independent and self made beings.

I think you OK with this.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by MadCow1: 9:14am On Mar 02, 2016
MrScript:

#madCow

Wassup my Nigga?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by 100Cents: 9:17am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

Ifeanyi Uba's assets and investment in refined petroleum importation and distribition is worth over N500bn and he controls 34 % of Nigerias refined products distribution

Please, do you doubt it ?

Abeg help me convert N500bn into dollars.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by wisdom77: 9:18am On Mar 02, 2016
Alhaji Putin is milking this country dry, Nigeria belongs to him, making a lot of profit without paying the commensurate tax, he collects FX from the CBN at N199 to $1 to establish cement companies in Africa, how can you explain that his 20MT Cement factory made more profit than any other factory in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by greens(m): 9:19am On Mar 02, 2016
No Biafran name there. They are the wisest and richest in Africa. They also operate Nigerian economy.
Conclusion. Tinubu owns Forbes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Micheezy7(m): 9:19am On Mar 02, 2016
100Cents:

Ifeanyi Uba's assets and investment in refined petroleum importation and distribition is worth over N500bn and he controls 34 % of Nigerias refined products distribution

Please, do you doubt it ?

Abeg help me convert N500bn into dollars.

Story that touch. ..

He ain't on forbe shikena grin

10 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by 100Cents: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2016
Fiwasayo:
Well,according to forbes.

I dey tell you.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by henrysilver(m): 9:20am On Mar 02, 2016
See the correct list here before you continue with your rubbish..
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Dangote Group, (Manufacturing, oil & gas,)

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)

3. Femi Otedola – Forte Oil and Gas (Oil & gas)

4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group (Aviation, Shipping, publishing, manufacturing)

5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group (Automobile, manufacturing)

6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet (Insurance, transportation, oil & gas)

7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone (Banking, Telecom)

8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank (Banking, Telecom)

9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria, Pivotal Engineering, Airtel (Manufacturing, oil & gas, telecom)

10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group (Oil & gas, construction)

11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group

12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group (manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)

13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards (Insurance, Security, Technology, Food retailing)

14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group (Trading, manufacturing, oil & gas)

15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT, (Entertainment)

16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group (Pharmaceutical, oil & gas)

17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies (Automobiles)

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas (Oil & gas)

19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox (Computer, technology)

20. Fola Adeola – GTBank (Banking

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by SirShymexx: 9:21am On Mar 02, 2016
Loooool.

Three Ijebu nyggahs out of five...that's 60%. We run naij but we don't make noise.

Ijebu nyggahs get the gwop.

Duke of Ijebuland.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by nepapole(m): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Please what does it take to appear on Forbes?

Please no one should mention hard work here because timber workers and cement loaders I don't think anyone works harder than them yet their names aren't here!
True talk bro....some pipu go come dey brag like say Na Dem work pass...
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Amberon: 9:22am On Mar 02, 2016
smart work, not hard work. Create a picture in your mind that about the future you wish to have. When you speak, speak like you are confident that you're going to have those billions soon. Let it come from the depth of your heart. Finally, start something. No matter how small.

Integrityfarms:
Please what does it take to appear on Forbes?

Please no one should mention hard work here because timber workers and cement loaders I don't think anyone works harder than them yet their names aren't here!

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Krismart(m): 9:23am On Mar 02, 2016
Unfortunately the places our richest men come from are where d poorest ppl are

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Amberon: 9:24am On Mar 02, 2016
Lmao. I thought the same.
afelouz:
Davido. Omo baba Olowo. Where's your daddy undecided
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by benedictnsi(m): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2016
odimbannamdi:
Before i clock 45, by God's grace, i will be on that list.

Amen

We have same mindset...... Buh we need to work hard

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by TeamSimple(m): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2016
Jaideyone:
odua representing... 2-4
3 yorubas out of 5..

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Misterdhee1(m): 9:24am On Mar 02, 2016
Nd some people will be like ' I don arrive' , 'I am fuckingly rich'.. Note: If you belong to this category of mediocre individuals, you are only comfortable, not rich.. The Rich ones are the ones up there!
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by lastpage: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2016
saintkel:
Hmm, all those guys made it wen d economy was good, I wonder how we youths will cope with Baba Bubu n all dis wayo

Just go back and read their History, you will realize that they did not waste their God-given energy/resources, insulting their President on Social media.

People like you end up becoming internet mis.creants since all you do is apply your time and energy towards denigrating your President, #Wailing over a silly #5,000 "campaign promise".....
Mis-directed Energy, is a waste of time! undecided

I will remind you to re-dedicate your brain to doing something "useful and productive".
That is how Dangotte, Adenuga, Otedola, Alakija, and the rest, got on that list.

BTW, did anyone notice that a particular set of our "noisy, boastful and chest-beating" brothers are not even anywhere near THE TOP of that list? shocked shocked
Yet, one of them wants to be "consultant" on how to make the Naira appreciate! How much Dollar im get sef? grin grin

Laugh wan kill me! grin grin

Lastpage!

14 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by 100Cents: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2016
Micheezy7:

Story that touch. ..

He ain't on forbe shikena grin

It still doesnt change the amount of his wealth.

We could say that from the $100million to $1billion bracket, Igbos would dominate hands down. The Coscharis, Peace Mass, Orji Uzors, The Young, the Innosons.

Forbes should do their work well.

One cannot hate an Igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by TeamSimple(m): 9:27am On Mar 02, 2016
henrysilver:
See the correct list here before you continue with your rubbish..
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – Dangote Group, (Manufacturing, oil & gas,)

2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)

3. Femi Otedola – Forte Oil and Gas (Oil & gas)

4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group (Aviation, Shipping, publishing, manufacturing)

5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group (Automobile, manufacturing)

6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet (Insurance, transportation, oil & gas)

7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone (Banking, Telecom)

8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank (Banking, Telecom)

9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria, Pivotal Engineering, Airtel (Manufacturing, oil & gas, telecom)

10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group (Oil & gas, construction)

11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group

12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group (manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)

13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards (Insurance, Security, Technology, Food retailing)

14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group (Trading, manufacturing, oil & gas)

15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT, (Entertainment)

16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group (Pharmaceutical, oil & gas)

17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies (Automobiles)

18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas (Oil & gas)

19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox (Computer, technology)

20. Fola Adeola – GTBank (Banking
E pain am..O dun tongue

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 02, 2016
saintkel:
Lolz morning dear
Same to you dear.

Hope you don take morning tea?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by wristbangle: 9:29am On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

I don't even know sef! Seems forbes are playing wayo becos igbos always claim to be the best brain in terms of business in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank / Uber Matchmaking Forum For Certified Driver And Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.