Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes (64887 Views)

Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes / Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by eyeview: 12:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
VirginFinder:

You NL ibos annoy me with your not-well-thought out, empty, boastful assertions.
Why are you guys always trying to measure up to Yorubas?
It's a done deal bro, Yorubas' dominance.
Your case is like that of a man who will go into d forest and beat a gong and come out on the road and ask 'who beat that gong?'
The list of nigerians on forbes list were posted here and we were all celebrating it and some dudes started taunting igbos for not making d list,some cynically asked why igbos aren't on that list. We didn't think tribe till you yorubas brought that up. Now,the same igbos rose in defence and you turn around and accuse igbose of competing with yorubas? Very sickening.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by rolams(m): 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2016
Oh my creator! I invocate, b4 am 45, count me among the richest in d world. Amen
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by mercyville: 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2016
igboboy3:

The fact that the names look funny only indicate that you are not in the loop. What exactly was Alakija's hustle? She did the dirty and BAM she has an oil block.
All ya recognised lists are bollocks in the Nigerian context. The real heavy rollers don't want their names in the news because the government is all powerful and can use political power to grind them to powder. That is why dangote backs both APC and PDP; Buhari can make him a pauper.
lol...Name one rich man in Nigeria that Buhari cannot make a pauper unless you have majority of your investments outside Nigeria.Is it Innoson,Orji,Ubah...lol or some other secret billionaires who got their money from Soka,Okija or Otokoto.You underestimate the influence of the reach of FGN at your own peril.Even Bill Gates can be ruined by USA govt.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by PrinceEvolution(m): 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
amen our prayers are ANSWERED!!!
odimbannamdi:
Before i clock 45, by God's grace, i will be on that list.

Amen
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Krismart(m): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
mercyville:
How did you know?Are you the govt or world bank or UNDP abi you be stastician?
Must u wait for d govt to tell u? Are u not from dis country? Govt that can't conduct common election and census correctly
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Micheezy7(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
100Cents:

It still doesnt change the amount of his wealth.

We could say that from the $100million to $1billion bracket, Igbos would dominate hands down. The Coscharis, Peace Mass, Orji Uzors, The Young, the Innosons.

Forbes should do their work well.

One cannot hate an Igbo man.

Egbon am not hating here..

If you think you knw more than forbe, do it yourself.. . cool

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by wristbangle: 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
mercyville:

If you go and look Okija list,you go see dem dem there.On a serious note if you pick 10 Igbos and 10 Yorubas,you would pick 8 self reliant Igbos and maybe pick 6 from Yorubas.Igbos are satisfied with trading and they are largely employed while Yorubas are mostly professionals and artisans.Igbos made most of their money in Nigeria especially Lagos and do not really have billionaires outside Nigeria unlike the Yorubas who have chunks of billionaires outside Nigeria because their bizmen and women are always going for the biggest pies in the world.The truth is Yorubas have more billionaires than Igbos both home and abroad(we are not talking of secret billionaires o.every tribe has them because their monies are not mostly clean)

Spot on!
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Micheezy7(m): 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
mercyville:
lol...Name one rich man in Nigeria that Buhari cannot make a pauper unless you have majority of your investments outside Nigeria.Is it Innoson,Orji,Ubah...lol or some other secret billionaires who got their money from Soka,Okija or Otokoto.You underestimate the influence of the reach of FGN at your own peril.Even Bill Gates can be ruined by USA govt.

Tnk God You Said Government.. Who are those government??

Is the government money owned by an individual? ?

Whose money are the government spending? ?

Government money is for the country... .

Bill Gates is a self made billionaires .. stop all this wack comment
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by wexyee: 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

We actually are. Dont get it twisted.

ok cow explain to me y Forbes exclude una for top 5 .. or them dey wrk for apc?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by mercyville: 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2016
Krismart:
Must u wait for d govt to tell u? Are u not from dis country? Govt that can't conduct common election and census correctly
What about World bank or UNO or privately owned stat startup like budgit etc?If not all these then you rely on your judgement by what you see or read or hear but if you are educated you would know that only proper research and statistics would give us correct estimates and if you don't beleive the stats especially from different bodies then you are on your own.OYO....lol

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by ezigr8(m): 1:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
God punish poverty
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by ABUJAAGENTS1(m): 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
Igbo man don't enjoy govt support like these guys,that's why they are not on the list. Ibeto cement is a case study

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by lifezone247(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2016
adamooye:

Dangerous
Adam and how far?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Biafran, is this how you intend to rule the Biafra of your dreams? by verbally abusing people even if you dont know a thing about their achievements so far?
what makes you think am not working hard enough to deserve being on that list? Nigerians an
d the appalling way they think

Billionaires do not become billionaires through wishful thinking

Or going to church to shout I CLAIM IT IN JESUS NAME.

SIT UP YOUR SORRY-ASS! and strategis.

No one became rich by shouting God God God unless you're one the criminals called pastors or prophets who preys on the gullibility of people like you to extort their hard earned money while promising them manner from heaven.

Stop praying and hoping on God to make you rich.

You've got everything you needed for creating wealth for yourself.

goodbye!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by dapsonlou(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Interesting how no Igbo Man ever makes the Forbes list.

grin

Anyone care to explain why?

Because billionaires in Naira is different from Dollars. Lots of igbo naira billionaires though.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by NemzySeries(m): 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

biafra, mossab & Igbos has remained deir focus 4 donkey yrs

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by MrGerald(m): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
MadCow1:

grin

That because they don't depend on govt waivers and loans, you said no Igbo man ever makes Forbes? that lie, maybe not in this first five, but they still have most richest people in this country because their wealth is more circulated.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
haul:

You're not ready to be wealthy, to be wealthy you need to make certain decisions, care not about what comes your way after making your plans.

Write your plans down, go for it, any other thing that comes after laying your plans shouldn't matter, treat it like if you don't have it the problem will be solved somehow. You're not the only in that family. Time to make decision with your head and not emotions.

If this year savings another thing shows up,will you spend it again? And start another year another thing shows up and you get emotional and spend it again and so on, when do you want to make it?

The truth is those who make it make certain decision,you might think they are wicked but belive somethings we need to be tough to have it.
You sound harsh, but, you are also real.

Thank you so much for this advice.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by haul: 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
You sound harsh, but, you are also real.

Thank you so much for this advice.

If I sounded harsh blame me not, I was only being concerned. Sorry though.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by stanvesco(m): 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
janellemonae:

Ur first statement is not true. They aligned wt d govt in d 60's. They aligned wt d govt wt shehu shagari. They aligned wt d govt during obasanjo and during Jonathan. You cant change history, d yorubas were always d political outcasts in all our democracies until 1999.

Every one of d major tribes have individuals DT benefitted from d military. You cant do one nonsense plausible deniability here. We have d ofhonagoro, nwobodos, d ekwuemes, igbenidion, d abiolas, d nzeribes, danjuma, etiebet, Barth nnaji, dangote.etc. d list is endless. Especially during abachas regime.

Most of those on DT list are hausas, but don't come and start saying stuff like Igbos weren't also involved in d wealth sharing dt went on in d past in this country. Or d Yorubas DT gained from it were more Dn Igbos DT gained from it. Stop d lies.

bros aswear send me a pm...u need an update of ur mb.........bros ayam typing again and see my neighbour have carry my customer....chai......16tires sold.....lol.....chai...chai...chai....
u really did not get ma explanation bro... but wait o...i nor b igbo o......so hold ya fire!!

u really did not get my point .......

lata bro....

plus its not cool opening fire at d unknown
i may just b d owner of the place u work? u neva know bro

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by goodgate: 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Biafran, is this how you intend to rule the Biafra of your dreams? by verbally abusing people even if you dont know a thing about their achievements so far?

what makes you think am not working hard enough to deserve being on that list? Biafrans and the appalling way they think
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by SirShymexx: 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2016
ABUJAAGENTS1:
Igbo man don't enjoy govt support like these guys,that's why they are not on the list. Ibeto cement is a case study

Shut ya gob. Igbos dominated GEJ's government and enjoyed loads of waivers and direct investments from the government. Ditto OBJ's government. Yet you lot have nothing to show for it apart from making empty noise everywhere.

Igbos are just terrible money managers and they lack the requisite IQ for business/economics in an organised setting. Soludo and Iweala also showed how terrible Igbo can be when it comes to economics.

Loool. I'm gonna taunt you lot today with facts. This is for that stupid Biafran mofo who said Ifeanyi Ubum the utter failure can buy my hometown lol.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2016
haul:

If I sounded harsh blame me not, I was only being concerned. Sorry though.
No. No. don't apologize. I wasn't even offended.

You told me the bitter truth.

Although, you and I know is difficult not to get emotional when dealing with family. Esp, if you are a Nigerian.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by haul: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
missbronze:
No. No. don't apologize. I wasn't even offended.

You told me the bitter truth.

Although, you and I know is difficult not to get emotional when dealing with family. Esp, if you are a Nigerian.

Actually true, the best way you can do that is create distance, when you don't visit often and the calls are reduced to ones in 6months except your official parent. Family is not everything. To me, I can do anything for the money,people call me over-ambitious but money or not.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by goodgate: 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
janellemonae:

Actually orji Kalu is on d Forbes richest list at $300million or so. Way richer Dan ubah. I've gone thru d list before. Its easier to do the Forbes richest in Africa so d names come up faster.

In d top 20, u will get elumelu, Jim oviah, cosmos maduka, Kalu and 1 or 2 others i cant rmmber now. But there are still a lot of hausas and Yoruba on dt list. Danjuma also appears.
About now Elumelu is the richest Igbo Man on #31, Maduka and Kalu are still far below him on the African Richlist.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by mercyville: 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
rolams:

Yes, he is not there. He is f*****king rich but Forbes don't include any politician in their list.
No,he was there b4 but dropped because his money had dropped.He is still the only recognised billionaire from Igboland.The richest.Go and read the previous forbes list.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by laprince(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
LAFOCUZY:

You quite right. The east is fairly prosperous and you don't see the level of poverty you see in other parts of Africa. But the rich guys don't list their business. its still largely family business and dies with the man. The west are quite open in this regard. Another contributing factor is that most of the Ibo guys grow their business organically from the scratch and have not been lucky with the acquisition of government sale off of Public Enterprise or favorable import concessions. they need to be more politically developed. There is no big business anywhere in the world without strong links to politics and government administration. This is one thing the Ibos lack. And unfortunately is either they are not just interested or they are damn right ignorant about its importance in their business growth

You nailed.
No big name in the world's business world that does not have a strong political link.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by haul: 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
Chinom:

FYI my mom is way lot better than Ms. Alakija..

Really Your mom is way better than alakija? You must be having a bad day, sorry to snap you out of your terrible sleep, no one knows your mom! The only thing we know about your mom is birthing a troll on nairaland!

Alakija has create job to alleviate poverty in the land, tell your mom to create jobs then I will take her serious, but for now she only sucked dick and fuc-ked dick and gave birth to a dumbkid who is nairaland troll, now shut the fuuuuuuck up or get burnt up

Cc: Sirshymexx
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by laprince(m): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
totit:

This is how you people always lie and pull off aba stats.

REGIONAL AVERAGES
1 = South West - 19.3% Poverty (+ Average)
2 = South South - 25.2% Poverty (+ Average)
3 = South East - 27.36% Poverty (+ Average)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg 46.0%% Poverty
----------------------------------------------------------------------

4 = North Central - 45.7% Poverty (+Average)
5 = North East - 76.8% Poverty (- Average)
6 = North West- 80.9% Poverty (- Average) Damn!! shocked

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/

THIS IS FROM WORLD BANK
The NER also documents major differences in poverty and living standards by macro-region in Nigeria. While the South of Nigeria has relatively low poverty rates, ranging from 16% in the South West to 28.8% in the South East, poverty rates in the North West and North East are 45.9% and 50.2%, respectively. While the South of Nigeria (especially the South West) has experienced a strong positive dynamic in poverty reduction in recent years, the poverty rate in the North West has remained stagnant, while poverty has actually increased in the North East. Thus, disparities between the North (North West, North East) and South of Nigeria in poverty and living standards have increased. This is no doubt related to the recent security challenges in the Northern part of Nigeria. Explanatory factors for the high differences in living standards by geographical region are likely related to differences in the provision of public services and the degree of connectedness to larger markets.

NER MEANS NIGERIA ECONOMIC REPORT..maybe it is a Yoruba man that owns it...
http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/nigeria/publication/nigeria-economic-report-improved-economic-outlook-in-2014-and-prospects-for-continued-growth-look-good

THIS IS FROM NBS

Poverty was least dominant in the Southwest (49.8%), South-South (55.5%), and South-East regions (59.5%).

Read more: https://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

You're deeply swallowed in your ethnic bigotry. Did I tell you am ibo?

You had better drop the hate syndrome.
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by forgiveness: 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
ABUJAAGENTS1:

What is Ibeto cement all about?
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by totit: 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
laprince:

You're deeply swallowed in your ethnic bigotry. Did I tell you am ibo?

You had better drop the hate syndrome.

Yes. I agree.
You were quick to accept that you akpu made stats was intact only to be busted and start speaking in tongue.
Tell me something I don't know, you no be ibo? where you from bro grin
Re: Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes by SirShymexx: 4:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
haul:

Really Your mom is way better than alakija? You must be having a bad day, sorry to snap you out of your terrible sleep, no one knows your mom! The only thing we know about your mom is birthing a troll on nairaland!

Alakija has create job to alleviate poverty in the land, tell your mom to create jobs then I will take her serious, but for now she only sucked dick and fuc-ked dick and gave birth to a dumbkid who is nairaland troll, now shut the fuuuuuuck up or get burnt up

Cc: Sirshymexx

These Biafran kids are just bitter cos they like lying to themselves and fooling their fellow illiterates that they're the best thing since slice bread. However, once reality strikes them in the face - they always end up crying like a biitch with prima Donna drama...they're emotional clowns.

Let's say she's even the man's mistress. Isn't the man married to an Igbo woman? So how come his Igbo wife and/or none of her relatives are on the list? I guess the mistress got a better deal than the wife whose has been utterly smashed to smithereens for decades with nothing to show for it - hysterical. These emotional Igbotic clowns are just utterly disrespectful. Why call someone wife a next man's mistress cos you can't stand the fact that she's richer than the whole of Igboland looool.

Err, if we're to expand the list further: Otudeko, Balogun, and Okoya would appear before and any Igbo name...and they are also Ijebus. If any name that looks like an Igbo name comes up, best believe it is one of those Delta folks who don't want to be Igbo.

Too bad for noisy and chest beating fvckers who in their deluded and obtuse minds think they control 120% of naij's economy when one person on that list is worth more than the economy of the whole Igbo region lool. Chest beating clowns.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank / Uber Matchmaking Forum For Certified Driver And Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.