Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu (16114 Views)

Osinbajo Summons IGP Idris Over Kidnap Of German Archaeologists / Abducted Students Of Babington Macaulay Junior Seminary Have Been Rescued / Ambode Reacts To The Economist. Blasts Fashola Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
By Olasunkanmi Akoni

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode has said his administration will spare no effort to ensure the safe release of the three female students of Babington Macaulay Junior Seminary School in Ikorodu area of the state, who were kidnapped by a group of armed gang on Monday evening. Ambode, in a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Steve Ayorinde, condemned the unfortunate incident, just as he assured that the Police and other security operatives have swung into action, with useful leads and with an unwavering determination to track down the perpetrators of the act and ensure the safe return of the girls.

According to him, “We have not been silent on this unfortunate development. In a delicate security matter of this nature, where young innocent people are involved and management of information demands utmost circumspect, we were convinced that swift and coordinated reaction, guided by intelligence reports on the part of the Police, was a better and more sensitive approach to take, rather than a sensational, panic-stricken reaction”.

It was gathered that the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni as well as the Assistant Inspector General of Police for the Lagos/Ogun Command had visited the scene and vicinity of the incident with coordinated effort involving every military apparatus.

He continued: “We believe in the capacity of the Police to lead this rescue mission. I have had ceaseless briefing with them since the incident happened and God helping us, we shall spare no effort in securing the safe release of the girls and continue to secure the school and indeed every part of Lagos”.

Ambode said the incident may not be unconnected with his recent visit to some parts of Ikorodu where he read the riot act to vandals and criminal gangs on the resolve of the state government to take the battle to their hideouts in a spirited effort to secure the pipelines. “We believe this is a case of evil fighting back. But Lagos will neither succumb to threats of lawlessness nor bow to terror.

“Our resolve is very clear; we will assist the Police and other security agencies in dealing decisively with this one unfortunate case and prevent future reoccurrence. We will deploy the resources at our disposal to safeguard every life and property within our care.”

Ambode also recalled a similar incident in Arepo area of Ogun State, where a senior staff of a leading telecommunications agency was kidnapped three days ago. However, the governor with an assurance from both the Ogun State Police and Lagos Police Commands on their collaborative efforts would ensure return of order and safety.

He also commended the gallantry of the students of the school who put up a courageous resistance to prevent the abduction of their mates, just as he praised the mature and measured response of the school management in the wake of the incident.

“The state government is with you in bringing this unfortunate episode to a quick resolution. I wish to appeal for calm and support of every Lagosian.

“I urge them to be vigilant and helpful to the security operatives in this onerous task to rid the state of every form of criminality, cultism and terrorism,” Ambode said.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/ikorodu-kidnap-we-will-ensure-safe-release-of-kidnapped-girls-ambode/

1 Share

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by ramdris(m): 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2016
Don't tell me boko boys are behind this o!
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Tunami(m): 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
too many criminal activities in nigeria this days.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by hinwazaka: 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2016
The girls have been transported to Sokoto, Kano and Kaduna. And the Lagos govenor is aware of this, but for political aspirations and party peace, he is willing to sacrifice their freedom

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
Again!
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by klassykute(m): 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
baba toh bad
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Pheals(f): 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
undecided shhhhhhh.... Guys kidnapping gals since 1996 I pray they release them

1 Like

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Icecomrade: 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2016

These politicians don't cease to amaze me!!!

Had it been this issue was about a verbal attack on the personality of Governor, the special assistant on Media would have issued a press statement even within the hour.

See the time they are reacting to the kidnap of young innocent girls.

I pray they wont return with pregnancy like Ese owuru.

15 Likes

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by dfrost: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
This is a very sad trend. I think Nigerians need to start investing more in personal security since the ones provided by tax payers are not yielding results.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by sigiyaya(m): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
I suspect Sanusi

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Forzap: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
Bad news everywhere undecided
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by youngguru23(m): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
Oga oh... This time of APC Change...
Person go dy watch gan oh...
TeamGEJ any day anytime

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by olaiya2007(m): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
I pray they are released in good condition
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by DaBullIT(m): 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
Good Job Ambode

Don't just react ,

Get them back

Put all those helicopters and APC's to good use
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by sukkot: 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
hmmm wahala
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by timilehing(m): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
I kept wondering what the heck is the function of RRS undecided

1 Like

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Pheals(f): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
Icecomrade:
lolz
is this laughing matters...stupidity at it peak

1 Like

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Flexherbal(m): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
Provided his efforts yield result. What we want now is result, not political statements.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by rawtouch: 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
We need action not promises
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by delightf(f): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
ramdris:
Don't tell me boko boys are behind this o!
who knows ......I wonder when ungly news like dis ll end in this nation,nigeria ll neaver use their sense nd bulid something good rather is to kindnapp I don't know when all this mess ll ever end,they shuld not spare the pple behind this so that others ll learn...evil ones has gotten tehir degree in

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by AJOT99(m): 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
Chai!
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Seyitosino(m): 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
Crime seems to be growing in our society. Something drastic has to be done and urgently too to curb ds ungodly act.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by MadCow1: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
Kidnapping in Lagos? shocked
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by neonly: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
Sanusi Buhari y nw
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by mentorandfriend(m): 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2016
hinwazaka:
The girls have been transported to Sokoto, Kano and Kaduna. And the Lagos govenor is aware of this, but for political aspirations and party peace, he is willing to sacrifice their freedom

Receive sense!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by guywitzerogal(m): 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2016
Naija for show, yahoo no d pay again na kidnapping
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by PeinDanzo(m): 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
Buhari is a colloqual ineffectual buffoon

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by bedspread: 6:18pm On Mar 02, 2016
NIGERIAN LEADERS ARE KNOWN FOR THE ACT OF "CONDEMNING"

AMBO LETS LEAVE CONDEMNING ND EXCUSES,FOR LAI AND HIS LIKES.

PREVENTING MEASURES AND ACTIONS BE PUT IN PLACE AND TAKEN!
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Angelovic96: 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
there is hunger in the land man must survive
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Omonigeriarere: 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
hinwazaka:

Please, who mistakenly released this Bingo from its cage at this hour of the day?

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by qualityovenbake(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
The rate at which crime is committed in Nigeria is on the increase. I just hope they rescue the girls without any harm.
Re: Ambode Reacts To The Kidnap Of Babington Macaulay Students, Ikorodu by Integrityfarms(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
I pray it doesn't degenerate to the Chibok girls saga

(1) (2) (Reply)

Justice Ayo Salami Rejects Appointment To Monitor Graft Cases. / UNGA74: President Buhari Addressing UN Today (Photos, Video) / SDP Muri Rejects Results From 5 LGs In Kogi, Calls For Cancellation(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.