Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects (18619 Views)

PHOTOS: Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia In Court / Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia To Remain In EFCC Custody For More 2 Weeks / Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Finally Surrenders To efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by seunmsg(m): 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
The National Judicial Council (NJC), chaired by Hon. Justice Mahmud Mohammed has come down with a heavy disciplinary gavel on Justice Rita Ofili-Ajumogobia of the Federal High Court, warning her and putting her on the “Watch-List” of the Council for the next four years.

The judge will also not be considered for any elevation to the Court of Appeal or any Ad-hoc Judicial appointment until she retires from the Bench.

A statement by Soji Oye, the Acting Director of Information [of…], said the decisions were taken at a meeting of the Council held on February 24th and 25th.   

The NJC decisions are a sequel to a petition against her by one Victoria Ayeni alleging misconduct and injustice by Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia for failing to deliver judgment in a pre-election suit between Victoria A. A. Ayeni and Olusola Sonuga and 2 Ors.

SaharaReporters has however learned that Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia has some other undisclosed strikes against her, including obtaining money from former Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode to set him free of the corruption charges against him in a case before her.

It would be recalled that last July, Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia discharged and acquitted Fani-Kayode of all the corruption charges against him.  In her dismissal of the charges, she described the prosecution’s case as “feeble”, arguing that it had failed to provide “copious evidence” linking Fani-Kayode with money laundering.

In her petition, Ms. Ayeni had alleged that Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia deliberately adjourned the suit several times until the termination of the life span of the Ogun State House of Assembly, a charge the NJC apparently agreed with.

It has also emerged that Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia struck a deal with the embattled former Director-General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr. Patrick Akpobolokemi, who is now being tried on various multi-billion Naira corruption charges, to provide employment for her daughter in exchange for covering up his atrocities in court.

The decision of the NJC on Hon. Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia is with immediate effect.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/02/national-judicial-council-heavily-slams-judge-ofili-ajumogobia-puts-her-“watch-list”

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by seunmsg(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
Since NJC has established a serious case of misconduct against the judge, they should just go ahead and dismiss her instead of this light sanctions. Enough of treating corruption in the judiciary with kid gloves.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by themilanway(m): 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
The Nigeria judiciary stinks to high heaven.It needs thorough scrubbing with iron sponge to get the desired result and effect.

I'm sure the judge wouldn't have struck out the different cases involving Patrick and Kayode if they were ordinary Nigerians.

She deserves what ever sanctions she get.

Good riddance

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by modath(f): 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
Justice Auta or whatever he is called that gave Peter Odili lifetime perpetual injunction from investigation ought to be disbarred.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by doctokwus: 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2016
themilanway:
The Nigeria judiciary stinks to high heaven.It needs thorough scrubbing with iron sponge to get the desired result and effect.

I'm sure the judge wouldn't have struck out the different cases involving Patrick and Kayode if they were ordinary Nigerians.

She deserves what ever sanctions she get.

Good riddance
I said in a post yesterday that punishing judge Yunusa alone would do little to revert the rot in the judiciary.Now just today,another judge has been sanctioned.
But these are just a tip of the iceberg.
The judiciary is so corrupt that anything less than an EFCC type bulldozing of the judiciary from the lowest court to the Supreme Court,will be an exercise in futility.

27 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Clerverly: 6:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
When Nyseom Wike Told The Whole World That Justice Mary ODILI (A Supreme Court Justice) Was Her Legal Adviser During His Election Hearing At The Supreme Court....People dismissed it as the ranting of a Mad Man...But Now This...

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by carinmom(f): 6:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
Good
Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by carinmom(f): 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
seunmsg:
Since NJC has established a serious case of misconduct against the judge, they should just go ahead and dismiss her instead of this light sanctions. Enough of treating corruption in the judiciary with kid gloves.
You are right, the corrupt judge ought to have been dismissed.

19 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by seunmsg(m): 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2016
Lalasticlala, push this to Frontpage in the spirit of the fight against corruption in the judiciary.

1 Like

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Clerverly: 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
lalasticlala Dominique

1 Like

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
Clerverly:
When Nyseom Wike Told The Whole World That Justice Mary ODILI (A Supreme Court Justice) Was Her Legal Adviser During His Election Hearing At The Supreme Court....People dismissed it as the ranuting of a Mad Man...But Now This...
Wike has come to stay

4 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Clerverly: 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
Wike has come to stay

Yea Thru Corrupt Judges!!

35 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
Clerverly:

The same corrupt Judges that gave Ambode Victory

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
Clerverly:

If only a lot of you Zombies can just read, I mean read like a toddler then you will be able to see the reason for Wike and Ambode victories was because your lazy legislators forgot to insert the card readers in the electoral act.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by ALTERNATEID: 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
Wike has come to stay

He might have gotten away with the electoral robbery that happened in Rivers state but trust me, justice will catch up with him one day. Justice Ofili Ajumogobia that was sanctioned by NJC has probably been in the act for so long before justice eventually caught up with her. So, relax and watch as Karma will catch up with Wike.

24 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Clerverly: 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
[s]If only a lot of you Zombies can just read, I mean read like a toddler then you will be able to see the reason for Wike and Ambode victories was because your lazy legislators forgot to insert the card readers in the electoral act.[/s]

Was the Card Reader the only ground of the Petition? The joke is on you IPOB Charlatan!

29 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Businessideas: 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
This is a slap on the wrist

4 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
ALTERNATEID:

He might have gotten away with the electoral robbery that happened in Rivers state but trust me, justice will catch up with him one day. Justice Ofili Ajumogobia that was sanctioned by NJC has probably been in the act for so long before justice eventually caught up with her. So, relax and watch as Karma will catch up with Wike.
Cry me a river boy. Nothing dey whine

1 Like

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
Clerverly:

Was the Card Reader the only ground of the Petition? The joke is on you IPOB Charlatan!
which other grounds would have warranted the cancellation of the whole election?

Baby Ngeneukwuenu have you been banned again undecided

You will continue to be zombified here

5 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by ALTERNATEID: 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
Cry me a river boy. Nothing dey whine

Who is your boy? Wailer!

14 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
ALTERNATEID:

Who is your boy? Wailer!
if you sound like my boy @ home so I don't see any reason why you are not my boy.

Boy did you bring your food flask from school

2 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by maestroferddi: 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2016
Shameless APC reactionaries all over the place.

So just because the judiciary staunchily disavowed Buhari's attempt to plunge Nigeria into a dictatorship, that critical arm of government is being tarred with the same brush of corruption?

Let the hues and cries continue but men of goodwill will not be complicit in the attempt being made to institutionalise impunity and arbitrariness.

The intimidation, demonisation and blackmail will fail woefully.
Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Stalwert: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2016
maestroferddi:
Shameless APC reactionaries all over the place.
So just because the judiciary staunchily disavowed Buhari's attempt to plunge Nigeria into a dictatorship, that critical arm of government is being tarred with the same brush of corruption?
Let the hues and cries continue but men of goodwill will not be complicit in the attempt being made to institutionalise impunity and arbitrariness.
The intimidation, demonisation and blackmail will fail woefully.

Smh, wailing zombies all over the place, so APC now controls the NJC right? Please see your doctor, what you posted makes no sense at all whatsoever.

The woman should be dismissed, sack immediately and prosecuted if needs be, once again we see the judiciary playing the role of a coven, when the poor man or not so powerful commits a crime he gets disgraced and no chant of media trial, but now one of their own have perverted justice by deliberately proposing trial and the best they give her is a slap on the wrist. Wow this is shameful and disgraceful.

16 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Omololu007(m): 8:19am On Mar 03, 2016
modath:

Justice Auta or whatever he is called that gave Peter Odili lifetime perpetual injunction from investigation ought to be disbarred.
Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by bettercreature(m): 8:30am On Mar 03, 2016
See how Republican and Democrats are fighting seriously because of supreme court chairman position
Nigerian politicians are not very intelligent,as a president you must not play with INEC CHAIRMAN position and SUPREME COURT chairman position,your closest friend must man those positions
Justice mohammed is far worse than this innocent judge,if Wike could win at the Supreme court justice muhammed should be cooling off inside kuje prision by now

2 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by maestroferddi: 8:33am On Mar 03, 2016
Stalwert:

Smh, wailing zombies all over the place, so APC now controls the NJC right? Please see your doctor, what you posted makes no sense at all whatsoever.

The woman should be dismissed, sack immediately and prosecuted if needs be, once again we see the judiciary playing the role of a coven, when the poor man or not so powerful commits a crime he gets disgraced and no chant of media trial, but now one of their own have perverted justice by deliberately proposing trial and the best they give her is a slap on the wrist. Wow this is shameful and disgraceful.
Dude, I think you are the one who needs to see a head shrinker fast.

And when you are done doing that, do whatever it takes to step up your game at least a notch.

I don't do infra-digs...
Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Clerverly: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2016
Clerverly:
lalasticlala Dominique
Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Stalwert: 10:24am On Mar 03, 2016
maestroferddi:
Dude, I think you are the one who needs to see a head shrinker fast.

And when you are done doing that, do whatever it takes to step up your game at least a notch.

I don't do infra-digs...

Oyibo repete grin grin grin

wailing zombies sabi form, only to dey collect recharge card to buy 50mb and post crap on nairaland like say they own even a plastic chair

grin

1 Like

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by maestroferddi: 11:19am On Mar 03, 2016
Stalwert:

Oyibo repete grin grin grin

wailing zombies sabi form, only to dey collect recharge card to buy 50mb and post crap on nairaland like say they own even a plastic chair

grin
Get off my face before I swat and pin you to the wall like a stubborn housefly.

BTW I am not that famous for suffering f**ls gladly so get your iinfantile self off my presence.
Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Stalwert: 11:43am On Mar 03, 2016
maestroferddi:
Get off my face before I swat and pin you to the wall like a stubborn housefly.

BTW I am not that famous for suffering f**ls gladly so get your iinfantile self off my presence.

Oyibo repete grin grin grin grin I find your pretense amusing

2 Likes

Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by Kangol99(m): 11:59am On Mar 03, 2016
grin
Re: NJC Heavily Slams Judge Ofili-ajumogobia, Terminates Promotion Prospects by rawtouch: 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
With sledgehammer abi with werin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo, SAN, Declares Open The 2018 Independence Day Photo Exhibition / Breaking: Buhari, Tinubu Others Attends Emergency APC Caucus Meeting Today / Nigerian Troops Neutralize Gunrunners, Recover Weapons In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.