Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods (12362 Views)

Real Reasons Why Senate Moves Against Osinbajo / Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria / Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Adonis3: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2016
G
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by thefakestan: 8:45am On Mar 03, 2016
Them no go employ Introvert as Enforcement officer?

ThefakeStan
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by sauceEEP(m): 8:47am On Mar 03, 2016
Foolish senators, the Senate president recently took delivery of foreign exotic cars and here they are trying to enforce patronage of locally made goods...
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by bluecircle470: 8:53am On Mar 03, 2016
Yet d senate president buys foreign vehicles
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Abeyjide: 9:06am On Mar 03, 2016
see mumu senate,when saraki imported new cars.who are they deceiving?
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by TheLeakyTribe(f): 9:15am On Mar 03, 2016
It is commendable but not instantly implementable.

If you insist that Nigerians must buy products made in Nigeria, you should also ensure that regulatory bodies ensure and guarantee their quality.

If made in Nigeria items are affordable and of good quality who won't buy? It's fear that stops a lot of people from patronising made in Nigeria items.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by successbuchi32(m): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2016
Commendable anyway! But how many of them will patronaise the made in nigeria product.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Muye03: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2016
Innoson don bribed them
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by wordcat(m): 9:19am On Mar 03, 2016
olaolayink:
make saraki return d Benz first n buy innoson and make twitter senator reprint his book for lagos....make edo gov marry 9ja girl....our fuel self,na extract in Nigeria,refine in foreign land,consume in Nigeria....this country is sick,we can only come together to heal the country......imagine senators preaching madein9ja.....lead by example

Self deceit wey dey this country no get competitor.
Who wan enforce the law
Police Army Or customs wey be say all their uniforms and other kits na imported?
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by oluwasegun007(m): 9:21am On Mar 03, 2016
production first...even if its not too close to top quality, let there be radical production of anything...after then patronage will come automatically.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by naijathings(m): 9:22am On Mar 03, 2016
Until the day I see governors drive in full convoy of MADE IN NIGERIAN cars

Until the day I see governors donate MADE IN NIGERIAN cars to Nigerian Police and Customs and Nigerian Army

Until the day I see governors stop shopping in Dubai and Milan and New York

Until Buhari wife stops wearing Cartier watches and wear Made in Nigeria watches

Until the day I see Zinox and other MADE IN NIGERIA computers in every government office

Until the day I see governors spend their furniture allowance on ONLY MADE IN NIGERIAN furniture

Till the day Oshiomole returns that wife and gets a MADE IN NIGERIAN wife

Until the day we chase out MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT and use only Made in Nigeria GLO.

till that day am still gonna buy whatever I feel like buying with my money.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by blackpanda: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2016
They put on their Tom Ford suit to work and when they finish the enter their mercedes and bmw to zoom off!

Who is deceiving whom
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by olaolayink(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2016
wordcat:

Self deceit wey dey this country no get competitor.
Who wan enforce the law
Police Army Or customs wey be say all their uniforms and other kits na imported?

i wonder Bro....rich people pinkin dey patronize foreign education,yet Dem say patronize made in 9ja....
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by UrbanMystique: 9:58am On Mar 03, 2016
The sane made in naija that will look for any opportunity to exploit Nigerians huh?
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Biafrarep(m): 10:11am On Mar 03, 2016
otitokoroleti:
BUHARI PREFERS HER CHILDREN TO SKUL ABROAD, LOVES TO RIDE BMW, PREFER OYINBO DOCTOR TO NAIJA, SARAKI PREFERS MERCEDES BENZ TO INNOSON, ETC

DO THESE LEGISLOOTERS THINKS THAT NIGERIANS ARE FOOLS?

AS FOR ME WHEN IT COMES TO BUYING CARS, QUALITY EDUCATION, I WILL SAY NO TO NIGERIAN MADE.
Look at your statement "when it comes to buying cars & education you will say no to Nigerian made" After condemning the politicians you ended up contradicting yourself! What is wrong with Nigerian made cars or education? Yet your written English is so poor!!
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by dragunov: 10:28am On Mar 03, 2016
Okworigeorge:
It seems Saraki (Senate) is working even more than PMBuhari
I wanted to make a caustic remark in response to your post. But when I saw your moniker, I changed my mind.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by forgiveness: 10:32am On Mar 03, 2016
Saraki, why didn't you patronise Proforce Sedans instead of wasting public funds on buying Mercedes?

Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by otitokoroleti: 10:33am On Mar 03, 2016
Biafrarep:
Look at your statement "#2when it comes to buying cars & education you will say no to Nigerian made" After condemning the politicians you ended up contradicting yourself! What is wrong with Nigerian made cars or education? <#1Yet your written English is so poor!!
#1 so dat my children can speak gud english.
#2 because buhari & saraki let us realize dat 9ja made cars r crap. its unfortunate dat u read my post upside down & dats why u attack me.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Okworigeorge(m): 11:08am On Mar 03, 2016
dragunov:
I wanted to make a caustic remark in response to your post. But when I saw your moniker, I changed my mind.
and how did my moniker change ur mind?
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Mackson01: 11:09am On Mar 03, 2016
A step in the righ direction. Nigeria will get there.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by dragunov: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2016
Okworigeorge:
and how did my moniker change ur mind?
Askoooooo! Question begging answer.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Okworigeorge(m): 11:46am On Mar 03, 2016
dragunov:
Askoooooo! Question begging answer.
... Talk na
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by solayd(m): 11:52am On Mar 03, 2016
tobimillar:
I have a better option, but practical one at that..
I need the twitter senator to help me with this. What if there is a law that Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all government civil servants, and private workers should wear made in Nigeria ANKARA or any other Nigerian Fabrics with the exception of on site engineers (who wear PPE), doctors (lab coat) and Lawyers who have their uniform. The billion dollar textile mill will come back to life and tailors in Nigeria will have work to do.
Good thought ! hope human right people will not against it if it's enforce
tobimillar:
I need the twitter senator to help me with this. What if there is a law that Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all government civil servants, and private workers should wear made in Nigeria ANKARA or any other Nigerian Fabrics with the exception of on site engineers (who wear PPE), doctors (lab coat) and Lawyers who have their uniform. The billion dollar textile mill will come back to life and tailors in Nigeria will have work to do.
Good thought ! hope human right people will not against it if it's enforce

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by 989900: 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
It also urged both the National Assembly to amend the Procurement Act to ensure that as a matter of law, agencies of government and government funded institutions adopt ‘the made-in-Nigeria’ goods first option policy and where consideration is first given to the local industry before any other.

Let's start from here; starting with Mr. President, his vice, the SP, governors, senators and honourables.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by 9jatriot(m): 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
True
tobimillar:
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by don4real18(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Well, I don't see it occurring because such decision should be carried out by every individual.... I love Swatch watches, I love Range Rover... Come And force me to buy otherwise...mtcheew
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Iyoma2(f): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ahead of this most products imported from China have started having Made in Nigeria written on them. How is dis going to work when our custom men can stoop low to collect as little as 2- 500naira to allow smuglers cross borders with foreign goods.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by don4real18(m): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Biafrarep:
Look at your statement "when it comes to buying cars & education you will say no to Nigerian made" After condemning the politicians you ended up contradicting yourself! What is wrong with Nigerian made cars or education? Yet your written English is so poor!!
If you have the funds.. Get education at the west.. I'm not being biased but the education in Nigeria is quite poor
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by Origin(f): 9:04pm On Mar 03, 2016
About time and if anyone says dollar they should be jailed for treason. Read FCMB declaration on dollar allocation today. Still saw people buying things that are available or could be made available locally.
Re: Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods by mindtricks: 10:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hypocrites!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive / APGA NEC Cancels Anambra Primary, Nulifies Disqualification Of Aspirants / More Nigerians, Africans Will Fall Into Extreme Poverty, World Bank Predicts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.