Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? (5923 Views)

Spiritual Impact Of Wearing Dreadlocks - Culled From Spiritual Science / Do I Look Like A Certain Tribe? / ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by nifemigold(m): 7:55am On Mar 03, 2016
Wifey and i had argued whether certain kids are born with dreadlocks. While she’s of the opinion that every child with dreads simply didn’t have their hair combed and shaved for a long time, i disagreed choosing to believe the Yorubas.

According to the Yoruba ethnic group of Nigeria, Dada is the name given to a child born with naturally matted or locked hair that cannot be combed.

So in a bid to win the argument, i interviewed a medical doctor friend and some folks who attend white garment churches where perhaps you see the highest number of kids with dreads. My discovery was shocking! Read more and see pictures on this link

http://convergencemakeovers.com/are-kids-born-with-dreadlocks/

1 Like

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:58am On Mar 03, 2016
Ok
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by scholes0(m): 8:34am On Mar 03, 2016
Yes, peppercorn hair is natural. It is simply a variation of the Curly African hair type, but "Dada" hair grows out of the head inn more tightly curled clumps than the general populace.
It is more widespread among some African ethnic groups than others.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
Dreads INSIDE the womb? It's impossible with all the water in the womb grin
That kid's dreads are nice
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by LuqmanInda012: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2018
PoliticalThuG
post=43435612:

Ok
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by morpheus24: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
scholes0:
Yes, peppercorn hair is natural. It is simply a variation of the Curly African hair type, but "Dada" hair grows out of the head inn more tightly curled clumps than the general populace.
It is more widespread among some African ethnic groups than others.

you are right. Southern African tribes have a variant of he pepper corn hair texture

(1) (Reply)

African Time: The Bug In Our Systems / Why Do Yoruba People Bury Dead People In Their Balconies? / Francophones Speak Good French But Nigerians Barely Speak English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.