Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,977 members, 7,810,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Alternative To Dry Imported Food - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Alternative To Dry Imported Food (3603 Views)

Imported Male Husky, Pug Pup, Saint Bernard Pup, 4mth Brindle Boerboel / Bingo Dry Food For Dogs From UAC - What Do You Think? / I Got This Male Pupy From Direct Imported Parents...hurry Up...this Is 2 Massive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative To Dry Imported Food by Charlesdegaulle: 12:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
I dunno if i am the only one experiencing this dilemma though......

I went to Agege over the weekend to get dry food for my dogs. Apart from the fact that the prices have gone up, all the regular dry food like K9 favourite, Arion, Denca, Josera, and Diamond are nowhere to be seen . I thought about getting Royal Canin for my puppies , but when i saw the price(N23,000), i have to repent. Eventually settled for a new product, Booster and Miglior cane dry food for my puppies. The trend seems to be getting worse as inquiries from vendors outside the area seems to be futile.
In case anyone has an idea of where one can get this food, please share

Another alternative is to go for raw food, and most people seem to be unreliable as they would promise and fail. Fyi, i don't do foestus ooo.

Please if anyone has better ideas, kindly share
Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by Prodeegee(m): 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
Charlesdegaulle:
I dunno if i am the only one experiencing this dilemma though......

I went to Agege over the weekend to get dry food for my dogs. Apart from the fact that the prices have gone up, all the regular dry food like K9 favourite, Arion, Denca, Josera, and Diamond are nowhere to be seen . I thought about getting Royal Canin for my puppies , but when i saw the price(N23,000), i have to repent. Eventually settled for a new product, Booster and Miglior cane dry food for my puppies. The trend seems to be getting worse as enquiries vendors outside the area seems to be futile.
In case anyone has an idea of where one can get this food, please share

Another alternative is to go for raw food, and most people seem to be unreliable as they would promise and fail. Fyi, i don't do foestus ooo.

Please if anyone has better ideas, kindly share

Hello there,

Most importers are putting dry food importation on hold, previously I used arion, but arion imports stopped since January. They said till march.
Then I switched to josera, last week there was OOS on josera puppy. Only adult which is now 10500.

Alternatively, I have switched to raw ffeeding, but you can get josera adult which has a protein level of 27%.

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by inception101(m): 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
Arion puppy went out of stock in abuja since early January, had to switch to diamond pups
Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by olumig(m): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Prodeegee:

Hello there,

Most importers are putting dry food importation on hold, previously I used arion, but arion imports stopped since January. They said till march.
Then I switched to josera, last week there was OOS on josera puppy. Only adult which is now 10500.

Alternatively, I have switched to raw ffeeding, but you can get josera adult which has a protein level of 27%.
Where in Lagos can I get Josera Adult in Lag at that price
Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by Prodeegee(m): 3:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
olumig:
Where in Lagos can I get Josera Adult in Lag at that price
Same Agege.
Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by olumig(m): 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
Prodeegee:
Same Agege.
The exact address will be much appreciated
Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by Charlesdegaulle: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
olumig:
Oko oba road,where u have abbatoir.
The shops are almost oposite FCMB bank.

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by blasiangurl85(f): 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2016
Aside from commercial dog food not containing much protein, what really frustrates me is most times you find that the pet stores have run out of stock of a particular brand. A month ago I bought josera puppy, when it was almost done I went back to buy and they don't have and obviously don't know when they would get new stock. I have decided to go back to my chicken and beef scraps. The butchers where I get them from only had very little so i also went to shoprite and got some from there. I would say I spend about 6000-8000 on chicken Necks, chicken backs and beef scraps and that lasts me for a month. Way cheaper than any good dog food brand

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by olumig(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
blasiangurl85:
Aside from commercial dog food not containing much protein, what really frustrates me is most times you find that the pet stores have run out of stock of a particular brand. A month ago I bought josera puppy, when it was almost done I went back to buy and they don't have and obviously don't know when they would get new stock. I have decided to go back to my chicken and beef scraps. The butchers where I get them from only had very little so i also went to shoprite and got some from there. I would say I spend about 6000-8000 on chicken Necks, chicken backs and beef scraps and that lasts me for a month. Way cheaper than any good dog food brand
That would be swell if you have just one or two dogs to feed, imagine having six or more.
Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by Prodeegee(m): 2:59am On Mar 06, 2016
olumig:
uhm, i might not have the exact address but just try to locate "vetland" at agege. i can give you a number to call. 08080400031. Just tell her "boerboel" referred you. she'll understand.
Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by blasiangurl85(f): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
olumig:
That would be swell if you have just one or two dogs to feed, imagine having six or more.

Yes definitely feeding 6 or more will cost more. But you could cut costs by adding other things to the chicken like rice,potatoes, or the noodle dog food. At least the dogs would still get a sufficient amount of protein in their food.

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by Charlesdegaulle: 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
Just that i prefer using the dry food since its faster and less messy. Anyway, my pockets says something different right now...
Re: Alternative To Dry Imported Food by blasiangurl85(f): 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
Charlesdegaulle:
Just that i prefer using the dry food since its faster and less messy. Anyway, my pockets says something different right now...

Yes I started out feeding my dog dry food because I really didn't want to much stress but feeding chicken and beef scraps is way cheaper. I usually make enough to last for 2 weeks. Pack them up individually and freeze them. So each day i bring out one pack to thaw and feed them. It makes things easier

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vaccines Timetable! Experienced Breeders, Please Come In. / My Africanis Breed- Africa's Hunting Dog: 3months Old / Neymar Jr. Cuddles His Teddy Pet In A Cute Outfit(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.