Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More (30000 Views)

I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? / I Scored 300 In My JAMB / I Scored 199 In The Ongoing JAMB Not 399 - Ibrahim Shamwilu From Kogi (photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by bawz012(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2016
Vodkka:
Bro go and prepare for ur post ume and pray..... Last year.. . Ah gt 243 and afta post ume,,, I no get admission,,,, still at home preparing for 2nd jamb,

Go and Tank God and start preparing for ur UME

wat course bro?

...just curious.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
Sorry about that. grin grin grin grin

You should use what you know in mathematics to contribute to the world. cheesy
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Vodkka(m): 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
bawz012:

wat course bro?

...just curious.

Economics
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by gideon4u1: 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
Y is it dat some people dnt know hw to appreciate something? There are people who wrote dis jamb n dey are pray for at least 180 u have 260 n u are Still complaining, some people have been writing for more dan 4-5 years nw n dey have nt make but urs is different learn to appreciate God for what he has done for u
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by joey150(m): 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Oya tell me d score you want?

Infact you want scholarship?
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by TheSpellChecker: 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
I believe you, Nonso.

Really, you deserve more.

I'm so impressed with the way you presented your thoughts succinctly with no grammatical blunders. It shows that you really know what you're doing.

All I can say is keep it up.

Please don't lose any hope. Be strong. Let your light shine in the POST UTME!

Good luck in advance.

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Yseone(m): 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
WAZOBIA3:
Please how can I contact them?
How & where did you purchased their form?

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by saintkel(m): 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
prideofscience:
Ranting! All this small small boys and girls on this forum henh.

Its high time u guys face ur book and leav social media alone. Till u grad with greater than 3rd class, then u are successful. Cos its wunt help u. angry
So third class people aint successful?
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
MadCow1:
Me too.. angry

I scored 87, but I know I deserve more.

After 5 years of trying, I am supposed to be scoring atleast 250 without reading, just on experience alone. angry

JAMB is just the devils exam sent to frustrate me in this life.

If I spent these last 5 years learning a trade in Onitsha, by now I would be an Oga in my own shop. angry

Keep writing JAMB and before you know, you'll be 40 and still writing JAMB. My dear, go find a non-JAMB programme and involve yourself, round the programme up and find your way to other benevolent ventures.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by ibnchokomah(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
Can't believe people are telling op to be content and also insulting him.. Firstly I see nothing wrong with op being annoyed at his score. Most people set targets for themselves you know. Mine was 300 and I was so sure I was gonna get it. I saw 254 and I wasn't happy. My mum knowing my target told me that I failed since I didn't hit my target score. I still don't understand how jamb is graded but I think we should know... Op although I understand you, I think you should move on and write your PUTME.. You have so many years to set targets and beat them.

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Capital247: 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
i want to ignore this but i felt that someone need to be saved from ignorance........... ops please reflect on your post once more................ dont be surprise if you write some uni-putm you will see challenge them again............ i dont pray this happen to you... i wonder what the guy that had a G.P of 5.0 score in his jamb..

Prepare for your Putme
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by david290(m): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
I actually don't know what is wrong with some Nigerian youth. But is it the weather, economic hardship, or village factor that is affecting some brains? Why are we always supportive of evil? Or do we want to pretend JAMB has been a saint? Someone claimed he didn't got his target/deserved mark; and He is challenging the authority to it; what's is the bigggy?
For me I have little trust in any exam body in Nigeria; they are as corrupt as our corrupt politicians. They are after the money that students will be paying yearly (my prove is the recent statement of the minister of finance alleging that exam bodies in Nigeria have not been remitting even a quarter of the money they should be remitting yearly to the government's purse, a statement none of the exam bodies have come out to refute).
Shebi it was this yeye Jamb that claimed my sister had 197 in 2013? Well this lady today, the last I heard of her result, she is a 4-pointer. Head girl primary school. Head girl junior school. Head girl senior school. Domaths prize winner. Enough for the doubters to label me a showoff too?
So also Neco the same year claimed this lady had C6 in mathematics, someone who from her Jss 1 to SSS 3 never had anything below distinction. Cowbell competition junior category 2011 -- she emerged 11th in all of the school in Kwara State. Also in 2013, same person emerged 16th in the whole of Kwara state in the senior category. So Neco will say their exam is tougher than Cowbell? Not even talking about her waec of the same year which proved Neco wrong.
@OP, I can feel your pain. Please ignore kids lashing out on you. I will say if you're doubly sure of yourself, take jamb on and back it with your previous achievement in Mathematics particularly. You deserved whatever you've worked for. Good luck.

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by DedeNkem: 5:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
WAZOBIA3:
My name is Nonso from Anambra state. I, as a matter of fact, sat for this year's JAMB UTME with the aspiration to study Elect-Elect in UNIPORT. Yesterday, the 2nd of March, I'd completed my exams and after a long wait I got what I consider the biggest shock I'd ever received in the history of examinations. JAMB released my results as thus; Use of English - 60, Maths - 58, Physics - 75 and Chemistry - 67 Aggregate:260

If I'm not certain about others, I can swear it that I would never score below 90% in any Maths exam. I've gotten so acquainted with Mathematics that it has become my life and almost my everything. I don't know how JAMB marking scheme is like but if common sense is anything to go by, each questions should carry 2 marks. I practised the past questions and the least score I'd ever gotten in any test within a time interval of 50 minutes was 45/50 and I'm even so sensitive to errors on the past questions that I could easily spot one at anytime. What I can't seem to figure my head around is how JAMB do come about with this dubious marking system. Why must I be punished for an unfounded suspicion? I protest this result and I challenge the organization called JAMB to summon me anywhere, anytime and I'll prove that this score I was awarded with is a scam. My target to score 320 or above that can't be relinquished in this manner without a protest.

#SoAngry

If you're sure of your claim about your result, then sue Jamb. Jamb won't do anything if you simply contact them. Corruption is in every sector.

Although contacting them is very necessary because court may ask you if you complained to Jamb. You must print out your communication with them as evidence in Court of Jambs' inaction to prove you deserved your result.

See Jamb contact info. you need below;

JAMB NATIONAL HEADQUATERS
Bwari, ABUJA
P.M.B. 189, Garki, Abuja,
Nigeria.
PHONE: 09-8501756-7
MOBILE: 08033161039
FAX: 234-9-8501284, 5238803
Websites
www.jamb.org.ng
www.jamb-etesting.net
E-mail: jamboutstations@gmail.com or
UTME2014.info@jamb.gov.ng

For contact info. of Headquarter Annexes, Zonal Offices, State Offices, check below webpage;

http://www.jamb.gov.ng/Contact_Us.aspx

Good luck!

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by enambobo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
My bro, i can understand your frustration. I suffered the same faith back in 2011 when i took jamb. I scored 258 but i was certain it wasn't my real score. Imagine scoring 64 in mathematics when i was certain of scoring not less than 94/100. Even my chemistry was unbelievable. But my friend of whom i have been practicing past qst with got a whooping 290, 86 in maths. Someone who has never beaten me on it each time we practise. It was devastating though i still got the admission.
Don't let that bother you. Prepare for the aptitude test. God is by your side.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Exponental(m): 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Nonso... Ur result can be withdrawn oooo. BTW, are u perfect? typo errors, exam tensions n d likes. Pray u get admitted. that should be Ur priority. even on merit, u can be omitted. pray for favor.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by sage2(m): 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
WAZOBIA3:
My name is Nonso from Anambra state. I, as a matter of fact, sat for this year's JAMB UTME with the aspiration to study Elect-Elect in UNIPORT. Yesterday, the 2nd of March, I'd completed my exams and after a long wait I got what I consider the biggest shock I'd ever received in the history of examinations. JAMB released my results as thus; Use of English - 60, Maths - 58, Physics - 75 and Chemistry - 67 Aggregate:260

If I'm not certain about others, I can swear it that I would never score below 90% in any Maths exam. I've gotten so acquainted with Mathematics that it has become my life and almost my everything. I don't know how JAMB marking scheme is like but if common sense is anything to go by, each questions should carry 2 marks. I practised the past questions and the least score I'd ever gotten in any test within a time interval of 50 minutes was 45/50 and I'm even so sensitive to errors on the past questions that I could easily spot one at anytime. What I can't seem to figure my head around is how JAMB do come about with this dubious marking system. Why must I be punished for an unfounded suspicion? I protest this result and I challenge the organization called JAMB to summon me anywhere, anytime and I'll prove that this score I was awarded with is a scam. My target to score 320 or above that can't be relinquished in this manner without a protest.

#SoAngry

Well, I really do think you are a brilliant and serious chap. I would really like to have a word to two on career path with you.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Duchessree(f): 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
I understand you op
I scored 228 in jamb
chemistry was my highest
and biology was my lowest..... i never prepared for chemistry but I was surprised by the result... to be honest I was sure I answered 45 questions correctly in biology while in chemistry, all I did was guessing....
you should be happy with your score... a lot of people would do anything to get that score ^_^
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by SammieLowkey(m): 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
hakeem4:
Me that I got 406 in jamb nkor ?
406?! and Peugeot didn't employ you?

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by badonkadonk: 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
WAZOBIA3:

#SoAngry

Chai.. Gone are the days when u get 260 and u keep quiet and thank God... Those good old days when jamb was still jamb and not this yeye make believe...

Those days, jamb go jamb u throway put for Uganda... And u go still waka come bak tell am sorry... Say make e give u another chance..

Nowadays.. Person go get that same score go dey beat chest dey claim say im deserve more...

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by seangy4konji: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
Instead of thinking of how his bank acct wi get to 1 billion before he fonosh school?na wetin he score dh pain am.

Plenty people go die for that scores. If you graduate with first class ad your orientation no complete na 15 k be your salary as a school teacher.

Kid.

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by christconscious: 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
I never knew that nairaland is full of Jambites....anyway ,op if its CBT then forget it
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by topkuma(m): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
admission is sure for you
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
david290:
I actually don't know what is wrong with some Nigerian youth. But is it the weather, economic hardship, or village factor that is affecting some brains? Why are we always supportive of evil? Or do we want to pretend JAMB has been a saint? Someone claimed he didn't got his target/deserved mark; and He is challenging the authority to it; what's is the bigggy?
For me I have little trust in any exam body in Nigeria; they are as corrupt as our corrupt politicians. They are after the money that students will be paying yearly (my prove is the recent statement of the minister of finance alleging that exam bodies in Nigeria have not been remitting even a quarter of the money they should be remitting yearly to the government's purse, a statement none of the exam bodies have come out to refute).
Shebi it was this yeye Jamb that claimed my sister had 197 in 2013? Well this lady today, the last I heard of her result, she is a 4-pointer. Head girl primary school. Head girl junior school. Head girl senior school. Domaths prize winner. Enough for the doubters to label me a showoff too?
So also Neco the same year claimed this lady had C6 in mathematics, someone who from her Jss 1 to SSS 3 never had anything below distinction. Cowbell competition junior category 2011 -- she emerged 11th in all of the school in Kwara State. Also in 2013, same person emerged 16th in the whole of Kwara state in the senior category. So Neco will say their exam is tougher than Cowbell? Not even talking about her waec of the same year which proved Neco wrong.
@OP, I can feel your pain. Please ignore kids lashing out on you. I will say if you're doubly sure of yourself, take jamb on and back it with your previous achievement in Mathematics particularly. You deserved whatever you've worked for. Good luck.
thanks so much. I've only seen a few of meaningful comments like yours on this thread.
I shake my head for nigeria.

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by sseunth(m): 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
ibnchokomah:
Can't believe people are telling op to be content and also insulting him.. Firstly I see nothing wrong with op being annoyed at his score. Most people set targets for themselves you know. Mine was 300 and I was so sure I was gonna get it. I saw 254 and I wasn't happy. My mum knowing my target told me that I failed since I didn't hit my target score. I still don't understand how jamb is graded but I think we should know... Op although I understand you, I think you should move on and write your PUTME.. You have so many years to set targets and beat them.
are u still at home waiting for the 300?
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by 9jatatafo(m): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
Papi please park well. Channel your complains to JAMB and proceed not to NairaLand abi Seun Osewa is now JAMB Registrar? You scored 260 you are vexing, guy please prepare for post UTME jare!

NB: Examination is not the true test of knowledge!
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by meforyou1(m): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
Op, write a petition to JAMB Registrar and request for remarking of your papers
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by donifez(m): 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
Contact Jamb ASAP,If you feel you deserve more then go for it.Although I can feel an hint of pride...I will replace it with anger.I wish you the best.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by nenedima(f): 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
sseunth:
Where is the evidence that u deserve mre than 260...na so we students dey talk
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by isah4salee: 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
By their comment, we shall know them. You said, you deserved 320 scores and not 260 well your needs to be examined because, reading through you comments you don't deserve 150 JAMB scores. Pls, park well.
Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by ibnchokomah(m): 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
sseunth:
are u still at home waiting for the 300?
Sorry.. I'm a graduate.. And have started my masters degree. The fact still remains.. Everyone has the right to have a target and be annoyed if it doesn't work as planned. I totally understand the OP.. What he did doesn't make him a proud person.. Infact I love what he did. We need people who doesn't settle for less in this country no matter how good it appears to be.

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by sseunth(m): 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
david290:
that someone has always been a head girl doesn't mean she will write some exams and paSs them exceptionally.....jamb and cowbell are not just any exam that anybody can jst wake up and pass anyhow....u have to be exceptionally good....incase u have never written a cowbell exam before...I once did....I thought I was good not untill I see their questions...schools are diff....ur sis is the head girl in her schl cus she is the best there....if she get to another schl..they might not even recognise her....

Re: I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More by Buzzboy(m): 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
It was the same thing with me. First, all our computers and power went down due to their stupid generator set, they now had to order new one, we waited for almost 4 hours. Exam that i was supposed to write at 9.30-11.30 started at 5. I endured and did my best only for me to see 228 as my result and 35 in english, How? If im not mistaken I should get nothing less than 70 in English. Buh, what can I do, I just have to prepare hard for P.ume. Fvck Jamb! Fvck malicomp access!! Fvck Nigeria!!!

. / Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69