Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me (4975 Views)

A Guy Begging My Fiancee To Marry Him And She Never Told Me / Done / I Wish She Never Told Me The Truth... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by ladiodus(m): 10:39am On Jul 16, 2009
@poster,
my advice , never rush a man cos he might simply feel u have motives.
2. believe mii, he will obviously introduce u to his folk once the time is rite, ( i went out with my woman 4 over a year before intoducing her to my parents, and believe mii we were 5years 2gether last weekend). still courting tough.
3. you guys re just 3month , he might simply be watching u ,not all guys rush in a relationship, once u rush in-u simply rush out. take my words.
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by ayde: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2009
Girlfriend, i do understand how are feeling, your bf has refused to meet your parents and would'nt introduce you to his as well.

It's just a cultural thing, maybe he feels 3months is quite early for the introduction game, but it all depends on individual and the family. My fiancee took me home to meet his family after 3months of our courting and it was great, but such early introduction is not common. I guess he is taking his time and you should take yours too.

You are not being desperate, you just want your relationship to be formal and open. Talk to him about it (try to avoid heated arguement), let him know how you feel and then maybe you guys will then understand and see each others perspective to this issue. Wish you good luck. wink
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by Gabry(f): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

that is exactly what i am saying. its all down to cultures and therefore people saying that this girl is desperate are wrong for thinking that introducing your bf within 3months shows desperation. in her culture/world introducing your new bf is not seen as a sign of "lets get married".
the more old fashion parents you got, the less you would introduce your new bf.
back in our parents days, the person you dated had to marry you before you could even walk down the street with her let alone date her. nowadays it is different. like i said, its all down to how comfortable you are with your parents, would you expect to see all your children's dates or Just see one of them and make him hide all his dates his entire teenage/early adult life. if my child is comfortable with dating someone then he should be comfortable being seen with her and not hide.
in Asia, the problem is completely different because meeting the parents is like signing a marriage license, even worst than 9ja!
ps, i have lived in Asia(Japan, China) as i told you before. when it comes to dating, asia aint the real world.

Thats right wink Thank God say you know well well. Una tell em oo. I warned the people here about Asia. Nobody deybelieve sha!
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by spikedcylinder: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2009
So what do you want to do? Leave him because he hasn't introduced you to his parents? That's soooo not right.

Please give him time. Men of all nationalities or races require time before they take such a major step and decision.
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by blandyne(f): 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
Thank you so much guys for your comments.

I want to add that i'm not desperate, not at all. I think the mistake that i made or that we both made is not talking enough about the differences in our cultures. I guess since we both are here in the U.S we assumed that in part we could forget about the values and principles that we enquired while growing up in our contries. The good news is that i texted him last night and apologize, still waiting for him to call me though ugh.

ayde:

You are not being desperate, you just want your relationship to be formal and open. wink

This is exactly what i want for my relationship to be formal and open. You have to understand i'm not talking about marriage here (it's been 3 months only and i won't get married until i'm done with school). Yes i do love him but i'm not in love with him,not yet. So i'm not rushing anything.

I have to admit that my parents , specially my mom, aren't thrilled with me dating him. They have nothing personally against him beside that is an african. You know the famous stereotype about african men in general, that they are all polygamous. Therefore i had to explain to them that he's not and that mostly muslims are polygamous and that he's a christian.
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by sirt1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
@ Poster,

Dont listen to anybody tellng u to leave this guy. The fact is that Nigerian guys doestnt introduce ladies to their parents just like that. He might be studying u and needs some time to do that. Three months courtship is too short for him to know u,and the stuff u were made of. Give him some time and see hw it goes.
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by iice(f): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2009
After 3 months? rofl
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by galatico(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2009
You've dated this guy for more than 3 three months and yet his parents don't know you exist, that's pretty bad it simply means he doesn't like you, Baby Girl I think the guy is not really interested in you, or he could be seeking a way out of the relation.

Just get ready for the unexpected,
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by candylips(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2009
3 months is too small
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by ohwofasa(m): 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2009
my sister i feel u but i most tell u d truth,u guy has sumone esle on line whom his perants approval dats y he can not talk 2 dem about u.if u r my direct sister i will truly as u 2 walk lipsrsealed
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by amebono1: 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2009
the truth is he wants sthg from you, without any commitment grin grin grin
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by PCbusayo(f): 11:42pm On Sep 16, 2009
follow your heart girl
Re: He Never Told Anything To His Parents About Me by candylips(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2009
PC busayo:

follow your heart girl

no she should use her head

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Elements Every Relationship Needs If It Is Going To Last / What Was The Worst Heartbreak You've Ever Had ? / How Do You Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.