Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Gender Bias - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gender Bias (353 Views)

See Man’s Reaction During Gender Reveal That His Baby Is A Girl / Naija Ladies Usually Reject Feminism When It Comes To Gender Equality.. WHY? / Ladies And Bias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gender Bias by ceceblog(f): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
It has been argued that when you are 38 and have almost given up on a change in marital status you can either be rigid, passionate or indifferent to love songs, but for me at this age I draw up meanings from songs reviewing each line by the lyricist and come to a conclusion of those missing words he or she left unsaid.

Today I’m reviewing comforters’ song; a supposed duet by Jeremiah Gyang and Asa. The below is my critical appraisal of the song and please mind the cranky me at work.
Seems to me like a break up or complicated relationship, could be distance related, attitude, tribalism or religion bearing the complex nature of Nigeria in mind and both has bottled up feelings on the inside and can’t deny they miss and want to be with each other.
From the first verse of the song it is obvious that the guy had been trying so hard to forget her but could not as he sees her in everything he does, like a halo she shines through and illuminates his whole life. His pride stops him from calling or voicing out his feelings, maybe fear of being rejected coupled with the frequent fights they had been having as a couple before they finally broke up.

After going far and wide searching for his significant other, he resorts to writing down his feelings, hoping that one way or the other she would get to see it through NIPOST, FEDEX, face book, twitter or her yahoo address and know that he has laid his pride aside and hoping she is single enough to consider him back to her life. HE NEEDS HER.

The truth about a lady is that when she falls in love its always deep, deeper than what the guy feels and she puts her whole heart body and soul into it the reason why Asa was so furious saying “why did it take you long, I don’t know. Three sixty five days to show.”

She has been waiting, counting days as they rolled by silently, growing old by the day yet holding on until she answered a pest that was persistent and now he wants to come back
......u sef think am, is that possible?.........but like every love smitten girl, she was gone with the wind already. Jilted Mr Nice guy, sends her own written note and bingo......they are back together as a couple.
She starts dreaming again like every woman would do, hear her

“You’ll be the He, I’ll be the She, and we’ll live together forever. I’ll have your baby we would share ........” the thing is that a woman in love looks ahead, even those in lust would dream of a bright future with their loved one together unlike men who are myopic and mostly concerned about “now”.

The only time they look ahead is when it concerns their career and money but of course the two go hand in hand, hear what the guy says “Let me be the one to hold your hand, let me be the one to wipe your tears”....excuse me, anybody can do that. Note, he is still cautious and doesn’t want to throw himself fully into the relationship, he is noncommittal, my mother, sisters, friends, even an acquaintance can hold my hands and wipe my tears after all Nigerians are the happiest people on earth and we would always want to see our fellow citizen happy.

Also note that when Asa went deeper in the song confessing her love openly saying “Baby I love you” Jeremiah the guy was still cautious replying “baby everything you do takes me higher....”
In summary, the guy only missed their intimate moments together, forming the major crux of the reason he wants her back in his life.
He needs a comforter in bed to be precise meanwhile the lady needs him for real and here we go round the vicious cycle of noncommittal guys playing on a girls

http://themidtermer..com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Romantic Enslavement / True Or False / How Is Today's Rain Affecting You??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.