Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! (16290 Views)

See The Photos Of Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Borno / Army Launches Combat Motorbike Battalion (see Pix) / See The Condition Of The 3 Battalion Nigerian Army Barracks In Effurun(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by DonBobes(m): 6:45am On Mar 04, 2016
Somalia007:
Nigerian Army are weak. They can't even defeat Boko haram.

Shame on Bantu Negroids grin

as if u can eva get an near our present position.
Confuctus!
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by ayindejimmy(m): 7:02am On Mar 04, 2016
rudebouy:
Okay dats nice. A good development.

But how are they going to drive and shoot at the same time? Or they will hold the motorcycle with one hand and shoot with another hand ba? Lets say dat will work while on good roads, how will they do that in the forest? Is the NA grooming stuntsmen?wink

Well, me thinks a motorcycle custom-designed to aim and shoot at targets while driving. Or a motorcycle designed for two ppl, where one person drives and the other person shoots, and both of them are very much protected from the enemies' bullets. One bullet and the man on that motorcycle is dead and the terrorists will take that bike. How abt protecting the soldiers from bullets, huh? Wots wrong with that, huh?

To kill a terrorist, you don't have to think like him, you have to think better than him.8-)

Nice observation

But this is not a James Bond movie, but reality.
And if you know little about combat, you know that once in a combat position, they'll move in formations. When one formation moves, another one covers.
That's how they'll progress into enemy territory. Moreover, a copper may also clear their path ahead.

4 Likes

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by acenazt: 7:03am On Mar 04, 2016
Somalia007:

like how u guys defeated Al Shabbab. How ironic

2 Likes

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by archdon: 7:06am On Mar 04, 2016
Dats just stupid, what we need are combat Helicopters and gun ships and transport helicopters combing every inch of dat forest day and night providing tactical support for ground troops, but instead one mumu general with a motorcycle dealership wants to move products and make money of Nigeria, tell me in what seriously country would u find motorcycles as either a tactical transport or combat transport?
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by DonBobes(m): 7:13am On Mar 04, 2016
acenazt:
like how u guys defeated Al Shabbab. How ironic

Wen alshabab has finished evry1 in der country, dnt mind d slowpoke!
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by DonBobes(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2016
archdon:
Dats just stupid, what we need are combat Helicopters and gun ships and transport helicopters combing every inch of dat forest day and night providing tactical support for ground troops, but instead one mumu general with a motorcycle dealership wants to move products and make money of Nigeria, tell me in what seriously country would u find motorcycles as either a tactical transport or combat transport?

Bt nt silly to the tactical commander dt deemed it fit for his job to b done faster.

1 Like

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by rudebouy: 7:26am On Mar 04, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Nice observation

But this is not a James Bond movie, but reality.
And if you know little about combat, you know that once in a combat position, they'll move in formations. When one formation moves, another one covers.
That's how they'll progress into enemy territory. Moreover, a copper may also clear their path ahead.

Thanks for the heads up.

But I was thinking beyond just battle formations. What happens when a soldier on motorcycle while running errands or doing some kind of surveillance or just checking out sth around town, encounters a gang of say 3 or 5 terrorists? How does he protect himself then? That means in such instances, that soldier is so very dead. U cant be driving a motorcycle and engage 3 to 5 terrorists at the same time.

But a soldier on foot, if smart enough, can take down 3 to 5 terrorists if he encounters them.

From ur comment above, it seems the soldiers on motorcycle are only really protected during battle formations and working in groups than working alone?

Like I sed earlier, am thinking beyond battle formations.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by sinkhole: 7:28am On Mar 04, 2016
nawa for Nigerians o!
Some people cant jst find anythng good in whatever anybody does in this country (I think this is what they call bring him down syndrom!). When they made/bought drone, they said na lie, na "pangolo" they acquired! When they got delivery of some equipements, they said na "tokunbo", they said why cant they made their own!
Please, humanities, what is wrong in having "motorbike battalion"? Why cant the NA even have "horse riders battalion! Yes I meant it, horseriders battalion, they will be very suitable for moutanious area of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by rudebouy: 7:30am On Mar 04, 2016
killerman57:
you have a sound mind brother..... I'm happy seeing your kind....

Thanks for the compliment brother. But you know it takes one with a sound mind to spot another.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by kuuljay(m): 7:33am On Mar 04, 2016
archdon:
the picture below is of US marines bike squad very effective for recce and the most under reported batt in Afghanistan,ignorance is bliss though

3 Likes

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by sinkhole: 7:36am On Mar 04, 2016
rudebouy:

Thanks for the heads up.

But I was thinking beyond just battle formations. What happens when a soldier on motorcycle while running errands or doing some kind of surveillance or just checking out sth around town, encounters a gang of say 3 or 5 terrorists? How does he protect himself then? That means in such instances, that soldier is so very dead. U cant be driving a motorcycle and engage 3 to 5 terrorists at the same time.

But a soldier on foot, if smart enough, can take down 3 to 5 terrorists if he encounters them.

From ur comment above, it seems the soldiers on motorcycle are only really protected during battle formations and working in groups than working alone?

Like I sed earlier, am thinking beyond battle formations.
Using ur example, a man/men in a vehicle doing surveillance could still easily be "RPDed" by the 2 or 3 enemy soldiers! A bike man can quickly manouver to safety, take a position to study the situation before engagement! The whole thing is about "manouverability"

2 Likes

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by sinkhole: 7:40am On Mar 04, 2016
archdon:
It is very easy to hide from helicopters, very easy to spot and bring down and moreso they are far more expensive! Real live situation is not Hollywood movies, by the way, did you watch "Black Hawk Down"?
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by Flashh: 8:02am On Mar 04, 2016
DonBobes:

d gud thin is u r entitled to ur own opinion!

This isn't the matter of "entitle to your own opinion".

If I may ask... What you see in the picture, is it right? Giving a gun to someone who isn't into force to hold just because he's a white man and taking a picture with it which he won't give to is country man to hold.

Now, that's stúpidity!

4 Likes

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by koladebrainiac(m): 8:12am On Mar 04, 2016
rudebouy:

But how are they going to drive and shoot at the same time? Or they will hold the motorcycle with one hand and shoot with another hand ba? Lets say dat will work while on good roads, how will they do that in the forest? Is the NA grooming stuntsmen?wink

Well, me thinks a motorcycle custom-designed to aim and shoot at targets while driving. Or a motorcycle designed for two ppl, where one person drives and the other person shoots, and both of them are very much protected from the enemies' bullets. One bullet and the man on that motorcycle is dead and the terrorists will take that bike. How abt protecting the soldiers from bullets, huh? Wots wrong with that, huh?

To kill a terrorist, you don't have to think like him, you have to think better than him.8-)
but ur own thinking is basic like boko haram. have u seen their formation? do u know the rule of engagement? do you know their operation procedures ?? so short up bro.

2 Likes

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by DonBobes(m): 8:15am On Mar 04, 2016
kuuljay:
the picture below is of US marines bike squad very effective for recce and the most under reported batt in Afghanistan,ignorance is bliss though

Thank u jare for ur contributions brother!
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by DonBobes(m): 8:19am On Mar 04, 2016
Flashh:

This isn't the matter of "entitle to your own opinion".

If I may ask... What you see in the picture, is it right? Giving a gun to someone who isn't into force to hold just because he's a white man and taking a picture with it which he won't give to is country man to hold.

Now, that's stúpidity!

I never had anything to do nor say abt d police&chinko guy ish. Wat we r talking about here is the New Battalion that the higher military comdr jst estbl!
Am nt a police man. Let a police man answer dt.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by Adminisher: 8:21am On Mar 04, 2016
rudebouy:

The motorcycle battalion don't drive into battles blindly. They are not for face me I face you fighting. They are for flanking, quick ambush and rapid assault. To think of motorbike warfare as Boko on one side , Nigerian Army on one side is very amateurish.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by onyengbu: 8:26am On Mar 04, 2016
DonBobes:

thats an AK47 or AK84 as d case may b!
First, There isn't a make called AK 84. What you might naively refer to as AK 84 is simply the Chinese built variant of AK 47 called Norinco and the type is 5.56..
NA army mainly use the Russian AK 47 and FN riffles. Also some special forces Tavors.

The gun on those bikers are no AK nor Tavors.

1 Like

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by emzila(m): 8:31am On Mar 04, 2016
Flashh:
This must be a joke. grin

Nigerian armies can't ride a bike and jump that high. Dem swallow python? grin
they kill one sometimes ago maybe they end up eating it.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by Flashh: 8:35am On Mar 04, 2016
DonBobes:

I never had anything to do nor say abt d police&chinko guy ish. Wat we r talking about here is the New Battalion that the higher military comdr jst estbl!
Am nt a police man. Let a police man answer dt.

You misquoted me at first. That's why I asked if what the man did is taken.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by Flashh: 8:37am On Mar 04, 2016
emzila:

they kill one sometimes ago maybe they end up eating it.

If they had swallowed it alive, they would have being able to do that stunt.

3 Likes

Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by twinskenny(m): 8:41am On Mar 04, 2016
welcome development
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by mrmetoo1: 8:41am On Mar 04, 2016
archdon:

Some of you guys just type/talk for the sake of it. Why can't they have this motorcycle battalion with all those you mentioned. What makes you think all that isn't available? Or you think they're all of a sudden going to decommission the helicopters because they now have motorcycles. If you care to read the news and digest you'll realize that ground troops get a lot of support from the air before they go in and clear areas. All this does is just strengthen the army.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by lonelydora: 8:41am On Mar 04, 2016
They should take it easy oooo. Its not for stunts but for combat.
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:41am On Mar 04, 2016
rudebouy:

That is a mountain bike... built for forest environs... and they can stop at any time to shoot
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by Sunnycliff(m): 8:42am On Mar 04, 2016
rudebouy:

God bless your nose my man! Stunt effects
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by tollytexy(m): 8:43am On Mar 04, 2016
Somalia007:

Hold on.. i will ban him now
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:44am On Mar 04, 2016
killerman57:
you have a sound mind brother..... I'm happy seeing your kind....

Dull mind you mean Ish...
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by Questyjayblack(m): 8:44am On Mar 04, 2016
Another good one!
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by olatade(m): 8:45am On Mar 04, 2016
the background looks foreign,the weapon ain't the standard issues ak47...I doubt if this is 9ja ooo
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by olatade(m): 8:45am On Mar 04, 2016
the background looks foreign,the weapon ain't the standard issue ak47...I doubt if this is 9ja ooo
Re: The New Nigerian Army Motorcycle Battalion In Action! by Psylas(m): 8:46am On Mar 04, 2016
I don watch this film

(1) (2) (3)

Photos From Senate Plenary, As Dariye Decamps To APC / I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF / Dangote, Coscharis, Stallion Group To Partner With Ekiti To Set Up Rice Mill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.