Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

1999 Tiny Light Overheating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1999 Tiny Light Overheating (1779 Views)

Between Mercedes C180 And Toyota Camry 1999(tiny And Big Light) / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Overheating: Causes And Some Likely Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 12:51am On Mar 04, 2016
My fan stopped working I never notice, when I did the car already started overheating. Electrician fix the fan issue yet temperature still going high and engine getting hot like mad. Mechanic said my water pump is bad, I changed it yet temperature still going north now he ask me to change the gasket. Please what do I need to do so temperature skyrocketing and engine getting hot will stop.
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by caspet(m): 2:50am On Mar 04, 2016
Overheating can be so frustrating.I encounter same problem back then.It's your gasket that has gone back.U'll take d car to ir mechanic,allow it to over night b/4 dismantling the engine.After changing gasket, u'll get ur groove back!!!
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by mayor2013: 7:07am On Mar 04, 2016
joelreg:
My fan stopped working I never notice, when I did the car already started overheating. Electrician fix the fan issue yet temperature still going high and engine getting hot like mad. Mechanic said my water pump is bad, I changed it yet temperature still going north now he ask me to change the gasket. Please what do I need to do so temperature skyrocketing and engine getting hot will stop.

How long does it take for it to over heat? Have you checked your cooling system to see if you have a leak somewhere. Your leak could be an external one or internal one. What needs to be done is to carry out cooling pressure test. That would reveal if you have a leak on your cooling system. Stop thr trail by error and stop throwing money round part. If you are in lagos and you need to fix the problem call 08156087872 or 08165520837, bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:09am On Mar 04, 2016
thermostat might be stuck closed.

1 Like

Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by honmusa(m): 7:10am On Mar 04, 2016
joelreg:
Overheating is a symptom of hidden problem ,if the root of the problem is fixed then the overheating will go away .Even if you change the head gasket and the root of the issue is not found ,it will be still be "back to square one" .
Avoid mechanic that suppress your overheating issue by removing your thermostat ,running your fan direct or reduce your engine compression ratio by doubling your headgasket size .I can assure you if any of this crude method are done on your car ,you are buying another engine soon .
Contact autologic@ 08061166316 to diagnose the root of your overheating issue and resolve it for you .

2 Likes

Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

How do I open it
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 8:42am On Mar 04, 2016
honmusa:

Overheating is a symptom of hidden problem ,if the root of the problem is fixed then the overheating will go away .Even if you change the head gasket and the root of the issue is not found ,it will be still be "back to square one" .
Avoid mechanic that suppress your overheating issue by removing your thermostat ,running your fan direct or reduce your engine compression ratio by doubling your headgasket size .I can assure you if any of this crude method are done on your car ,you are buying another engine soon .
Contact autologic@ 08061166316 to diagnose the root of your overheating issue and resolve it for you .

Kkk
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:47am On Mar 04, 2016
joelreg:

How do I open it

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin
It might sound like a joke, but I'm sure the OP is serious. grin
Is it a DIY-able? At least for verification sake.
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by ogawisdom(m): 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2016
0rex:

Replace ur engine thermostat

1 Like

Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
0rex:

Bros if u understand hw this shit they chop food for my body.

Btw why everybody has diverse of opinion when it comes to car problems.
This one will say is this and another different thing, they end up confusing the person lolz
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
joelreg:

Bros if u understand hw this shit they chop food for my body.

Btw why everybody has diverse of opinion when it comes to car problems.
This one will say is this and another different thing, they end up confusing the person lolz
Yes. That's because diagnosing car problem is more of an art than a science. Many problems present with the same symtoms.

However, it is always good to start with the simple checks first. Right now what you must do is to check your thermostat.
How handy are you with tools & technical stuffs?
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
ogawisdom:

Replace ur engine thermostat

Bros wat about this thermostat is not there?
What is the effect and why somebody removed it
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
0rex:

Yes. That's because diagnosing car problem is more of an art than a science. Many problems present with the same symtoms.

However, it is always good to start with the simple checks first. Right now what you must do is to check your thermostat.
How handy are you with tools & technical stuffs?

The stuff is not there cos the last mechanic that change the water pump open it(he never made comment on the thermostat)
I just watched YouTube video now on the thermostat. Wat I saw on d video was not there wen the mechanic opened it.
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
It seems your car has been "kazeemized". The gasket change is the next thing if you are sure the water pump is working fine.
I guess your fans come on once the ignition is on?
Pls post a picture of your engine compartment.
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
0rex:
It seems your car has been "kazeemized". The gasket change is the next thing if you are sure the water pump is working fine.
I guess your fans come on once the ignition is on?
Pls post a picture of your engine compartment.

Please wat u meant by that.
Yes once the car is on the fan start working??
orex the oga am waiting for ur reply
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2016
That coined word means your cars OEM (default) features have been modified or tampered with by our mechanics.

This is usually not in the best interest of the car but major side effects might not manifest anytime soon. Meaning that if you can restore the car to default settings, it's better.

An appropriate thermostat should be in place & fans should come on when the engine reaches optimum temperature.
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
0rex:
That coined word means your cars OEM (default) features have been modified or tampered with by our mechanics.

This is usually not in the best interest of the car but major side effects might not manifest anytime soon. Meaning that if you can restore the car to default settings, it's better.

An appropriate thermostat should be in place & fans should come on when the engine reaches optimum temperature.

Do know of any good mechanic that will return it to default.
And cost implication of doing it.
Please very urgent reply
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
joelreg:

Please very urgent reply
What's your location?
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
0rex:

What's your location?
Ajah -Awoyaya axis
What about the cost implication
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ironically, the person I want to recommend has even commented on this thread & is close to your location; username: GAZZUZZ.
There are several other gurus out there & even on this forum though & some of them have commented on this thread.

NB: I'm only doing this based on past testimonies on this forum. I haven't dealt with nor do i know GAZZUZZ personally.

1 Like

Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by JUO(m): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
Contact GAZZUZZ to start from where kazeem stop
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Denn(m): 12:35am On Mar 05, 2016
gasket change...certainty.

other possible scenarios:wrapped cylinder head, cracked cylinder head, spoilt radiator, defective radiator cap, defective radiator hose.

all these subject to physical inspection.

relax, your car is fixable.

further questions?, dont hesitate to quote me.
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by honmusa(m): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2016
joelreg:

And cost implication of doing it.
Please very urgent reply
Don't ever try to fix any thermostat or reconnect your fan to default until u ve solve the root of overheating issue .Any reason to do so will worsen the overheating more than before .
Solve the problem from the root first then confirm everything is OK before u embark on any restoration mission .
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Emekasmart(m): 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
It happened to me,i was misled and changed my gasket yet the over heating was still there,it was later discovered dat d thermostat was closed and i told my mech to remove it and throw it away and dat was d end of of the overheating...
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
Solved

The problem was caused by wrong connection of the fan. The fan was working but not blowing the engine.it was the rewire that did the connection wen it stopped working.

Thank you all
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
joelreg:
Solved
How?
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2016
0rex:
How?

he problem was caused by wrong connection of the fan. The fan was working but not blowing the engine.it was the rewire that did the connection wen it stopped working.

Thank you for ur help

1 Like

Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
joelreg:

he problem was caused by wrong connection of the fan. The fan was working but not blowing the engine.it was the rewire that did the connection wen it stopped working.

Thank you for ur help
shocked Unbelievable.
It's good to know the problem has been solved.
Re: 1999 Tiny Light Overheating by joelreg(m): 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
0rex:

shocked Unbelievable.
It's good to know the problem has been solved.

Yep

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2018 - No More V6, R Engine Introduced! / Help Me Decide Amongst This Vehicles. / The 17 Most Important New Cars Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.