Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch (2585 Views)

Security Agents Attack The Convoy Of Wike - PDP / More Cultists Hideouts Destroyed By Wike And Security Agents In Rivers. PICS / Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Godjone(m): 10:32am On Mar 04, 2016
A resident, Jamiu Adio, said the police shot directly at the men and injured some of them. He said, “The Yoruba had to run back and that created an opportunity for the Hausa to enter into the community to wreak havoc. “The Hausa, backed by the soldiers and the police, set schools on fire and started burning vehicles in Agiliti. When they were done, they broke into Maidan community and burnt 15 houses, including a church. “They chased a carpenter, Riliwan, and after catching up with him, they cut him with machetes. They poured fuel on him and set him on fire. He was burnt to death.” Our correspondent saw the burnt corpse of the victim, covered with a cardboard paper. The only link bridge into the community was also destroyed by the rampaging Hausa. A church, PODAM, was equally torched and some of their equipment vandalised. A shop owner, Mrs. Bilikis Yusuf, said she lost two of her sewing machines and some money. “The Hausa have ruined my life. They looted my industrial machine, black machine and stole thousands of naira from my wardrobe. Where will I start from?” she asked. Another resident, Modinat Adeyemi, said she moved into the community four months ago, adding that she had lost all her property. “All I have right now is this blouse I am wearing,” she added. One of the residents, Mr. Sunday Nejo, who held his two schoolchildren with his wife beside him, said he was going to find a place for his family. While his wife wept, he said, “I have nothing again. It is only what we are wearing right now that we have. Every other thing has been burnt to ashes. We are homeless and helpless.” In a mechanic garage in the Agiliti area, one of our correspondents counted 27 burnt vehicles, while a Cherubim and Seraphim Church, which had just been completed, was equally razed. Five cars – a Nissan Pathfinder, Sienna, Honda Civic 320 Benz and Toyota Forerunner – were still smouldering when one of our correspondents visited the area. The owner of the Benz, Jimoh Jubril, said he bought it four months ago. He said, “We were inside the house where we watched everything happen. The police and the soldiers conspired and shot at our boys and that allowed the Hausa to come in. This was nothing but a compromise of our security systems. “They burnt all our five cars, one of which belonged to a man that just came to visit me. Another is for the pastor of the burnt church, while the Benz is mine. I bought it four months ago.’’ A resident, Bola Ariyo, said two schoolchildren were beheaded by the invaders. “About four people were killed on this road alone. Two of them were schoolchildren, who were just returning from school. The Hausa cut off their heads. There were also two Hausa, who were burnt to death by some Yoruba.” A resident, who claimed to know, alleged that the Hausa invaded a secondary school and allegedly killed four students. A resident said a popular Igbo trader, who sold gas in the community, was also hacked to death by the Hausa. The father of two-year-old Daniel said his son was seized after the Hausa thought he (father) was dead. “They hit my head with cutlass and I fell down. They cut me also in the hand and I pretended to be dead. They checked to see I was truly dead and when they were satisfied, they left. “They took my child and were saying, ‘let us go and kill the child too’. I have not seen my child since then,” he said. A soldier, who confirmed the account, said he saw the Hausa taking away the child and he could not tell what they did to the boy. The victim’s mother was seen by one of our correspondents weeping as people consoled. One of our correspondents observed as some soldiers wrestled with one of the Hausa suspects, who was arrested with a cutlass and a charm. A soldier said the suspect was caught red- handed while setting fire to a vehicle. He said, “He was one of the masterminds of the arson. We caught him red-handed and he dared us to come after him, saying we cannot do anything. We arrested him, but he’s been proving hard and difficult.” The suspect, along with over 70 others, was later asked to lie down in the open space as the police tried to send signal for a bus to convey all the suspects. Around 3pm, a red LAGBUS arrived at the community to convey them to the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters. As a result of the heavy fighting, hundreds of commuters between Ikorodu and Ketu resorted to trekking. Fully-loaded BRT buses, heading towards Mile 12 from Ikorodu, were forced to stop around the Majidun area for several hours while other vehicles were seen making emergency turning along the highway. Also, commercial motorcyclists of Hausa origin deserted Ketu and Mille 12 by Thursday afternoon, leaving many people to trek distances that they usually covered on bike. Bands of young men were seen wielding dangerous weapons like axes, cutlasses, clubs and even rakes between Irawo Bus- stop and Owode-elede, on the deserted expressway threatening to kill and burn down any Hausa seen in the area. When one of our correspondents visited Maidan, a small neighbourhood close to Mile 12, to assess the situation, angry youths, who also wielded dangerous weapons, threw foodstuffs like onions, tomatoes and pepper, said to belong toHausa traders on the road. At another section, people were also seen untying rams abandoned by the owners and making away with them. The Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus, had yet to respond to a text message sent to her as of the time of filing this report.
http://www.punchng.com/bloody-clashes-in-lagos-ambode-declares-curfew/
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Sealeddeal(m): 10:42am On Mar 04, 2016
Hausas-fulanis,regardless of their class, are really the ruler of this country.
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Godjone(m): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Hausas-fulanis,regardless of their class, are really the ruler of this country.
they now operate at free will because their patron is the head of state grin

6 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by White007(m): 10:58am On Mar 04, 2016
undecided
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by mekaboy(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2016
Hmm. This is serious.
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Standing5(m): 11:06am On Mar 04, 2016
That's Nigeria for you. The government forces always backs the core-Northerners against minorities.

3 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by zendy: 11:17am On Mar 04, 2016
I don't know why Yorubas are complaining about the destructive tendencies of the Hausa-Fulani on their lands. Yorubas want 'one Nigeria' with these people despite knowing what they are capable of, so what is the problem? I really thought Yorubas would have been throwing parties any time the northerners attack them, to celebrate 'one Nigeria'.

15 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Danielle22(f): 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
The security in this country is just too poor plus no value for life....God save us oo
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by seunny4lif(m): 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2016
Am tried of my own people angry
Maybe by the time Hausa started chasing Yorubas from Yorubaland to Benin Rep then they will stop all this we are accommodating story angry angry

1 Like

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Sctests: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2016
zendy:
I don't know why Yorubas are complaining about the destructive tendencies of the Hausa-Fulani on their lands. Yorubas want 'one Nigeria' with these people despite knowing what they are capable of, so what is the problem? I really thought Yorubas would have been throwing parties any time the northerners attack them, to celebrate 'one Nigeria'.

Hahaha my ears are itchy to hear yorubas shout 'one nigeria forever, we must live with hausas till we die". lol

6 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Godjone(m): 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
seunny4lif:
Am tried of my own people angry
Maybe by the time Hausa started chasing Yorubas from Yorubaland to Benin Rep then they will stop all this we are accommodating story angry angry
grin grin grin
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2016
You people have witnessed the sickness it's evil when it gets to your tribe but it's good when it happened to the Igbos make una enjoy the show
when the security men killed IPOB members Yorubas t rejoiced you people were playing shakiti BOB but now no music to play but south easterners are playing OBODO EDELUGO JIM JIM ontop of it we are taking mpa

12 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by seunny4lif(m): 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hausafulani doing their job jejely!

Kill. Steal. Destroy. So says the Holy Book!

John 10:10.

Demons on human flesh!

4 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by justice2016: 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
they re all quiet

3 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Maxi112: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hausa-fulani...

them done finish my people..

noting is left for us right now

1 Like

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Nuells: 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
Chai! Is this happening in the sophisticated land, l mean Hausas chasing Yorobbers with Nigeria security in their accommodative land? Hell no. This news ain't real, the source is igberetv...Lmfaoooo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Onyejiuwaokoh: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
This single act of Hausas makes them Hero in Nigeria ideology, Nigeria loves bloody peace, if they keep quiet and decide to live peacefully, Lagos state government would be strategizing on how to tax them heavily and Oba of Lagos would be foaming. But this strike will avoid both Oba and government harassment and everybody will be saying peace! peace!
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Sctests: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
This reminds of the viral farouk and kunle conversation. Where farouk advised kunle and yoruba to sell lands to hausa for N10,000 per plot and sell the same to Igbos at 1 million/ plot. LWKMD.

6 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by oilsuop: 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nuells:
Chai! Is this happening in the sophisticated land, l mean Hausas chasing Yorobbers with Nigeria security in their accommodative land? Hell no. This news ain't real, the source is igberetv...Lmfaoooo
see what security forces are doing to my people

1 Like

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by BlackTechnology: 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
It is called CHANGE.......... grin

1 Like

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Nuells: 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
oilsuop:
Oh lawd, save the "sophisticated"

3 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Godjone(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2016
oilsuop:
tell ur people to be wise from hence forth

2 Likes

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by DiademSh07: 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nuells:
The Ibo trader that was killed and Daniel, another ibo man whose children were kidnapped actually makes it fun.
LOL!
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by Opinedecandid(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
...and the disintegration begins.
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by BushidoBlue(m): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
I can't confirm this news though, I interviewed an Okada (motor bike) rider and he said they burnt his house down...

By "who" I don't know, abi you go dey dia dey look d person?

Besides as of 3pm thick smoke reminiscent of the billows from yesterday was so observed around Mile 12...

Residents should exercise caution....
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by ENDTIMELIFE: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
The Ibo trader that was killed and Daniel, another ibo man whose children were kidnapped actually makes it fun.
LOL!

DiademSh07 -BAS.TARDD IDIOTT INSULTINGG IPOD in evevry of his post . USELESSSS CHIL-D.

DiademSh07 AB@KII cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by DiademSh07: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
ENDTIMELIFE:

DiademSh07 -BAS.TARDD IDIOTT INSULTINGG IPOD in evevry of his post . USELESSSS CHIL-D.
Ipod loser, go kill yourself!
Re: Hausas Backed By Security Agents Unleash Terror In Lagos - Punch by johnmartus(m): 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
What concern ipob and pdp in the matter i dont know mischief well i blame jonathan for that keep exaggerate we can still settle the dispute amicably

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu And Yorubas Will Cry For Regionalism When PDP Flashed APC 2019 / Four Terrorist Groups In Nigeria Listed In Order. #3 Will Surprise You / IPOB Remains Fearless Despite Zoo Intimidations- Thousands March To Ihiala@Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.