Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,968 members, 7,838,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 (2205 Views)

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! / Why Tecno Has Never Gotten Featured On Gsmarena / Reasons Why Tecno And Infinix Find It Difficult To Send OTA Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2016
mastercee:

Including almighty Sammy and i-whatever. The fact is, Tecno remains the highest selling brand in the country today
Based on which survey/research. Pls back up your claims with facts
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nsonaso(m): 9:11am On Mar 05, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Buy nah or is it expensive?
Buy what?
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2016
Nsonaso:

Buy what?
The phone dey pestering him to buy
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by selfdefence: 9:24am On Mar 05, 2016
fabulous18:
i wonder why all this tecno sale rep always come here pretending as a user overhyping an exaggerating ordinary phantom 5.

correct smartphone user that have world recognision like htc, samsung, lg, sony, iphone, huawei, lenovo, even xiaomi, gionee. are there not making a damm noise or over exaggerating there phones.
have went to slot often time to check out this overhyping phantom5 i don't se any interesting part of this phone, selling at 80k except it fingerprint sensor which is included, though phantom5 is nice improvement for tecno mobile but does not worth it selling price.
i can't even compare it to my formal gionee e7 of 2013 buttery smooth phone, baddest camera, crystal clear disply, how much did i bought it, just 38k with monster spec, except it non inclusion of fingerprint sensor.
though am now using outdated nokia e63 oo, but enough of all this overhyping phantom 5.
there is nothing special about this phone to spend 80k on
Truth is bitter at time, that's why yoruba proverb said. Agba toba lomi ninu koki pariwo. Agba ofifo loma n pariwo.

Sometimes Nigerians need to be pushed to do the right thing or purchase the right thing. Me too they sang the thing in my ear soteh I vex. I later found out it wasn`t just over hyping after my friend got his. I dey wait mk I get alert whether i fit try the phone
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nsonaso(m): 10:04am On Mar 05, 2016
Thank God you know and admit it and not only Xiaomi products. compare LeTV 1s, Bee Touch 3, Elephone Power etc
greenhulk:

I get ur point. I agree the phantom 5 is too expensive considering it is running mediatek that is not even Helios x10. But no denying the phone has flagship specs and nice build to it. It is on the same per with xioami redmi note 3 and mi 4. Both note 3 and mi 4 are sold for about 65k if u choose the 3gb version, phantom 5 is sold for about 80-90k right now (all thanks to dollar hike, original price was 70k). Still too expensive I know.

But u have to also have one thing in mind. Tecno have shops and offices in Nigeria, they pay tax, pay workers thereby creating employment. They participate in promos, (hey, they even lit up computer village) have customer support, etc. At least tecno gives u aftersales support.. Good luck funding that with xiaomi. Now how do u think they pay for all that? Xioami phones are imported, they don't have shops neither do they pay workers, they don't pay tax, no promos nothing. So u definitely expect their phones to be cheaper here. Trust me if xioami get their company registered in this country and pay all their dues, by the time they have shops,bcostimer care , pay workers, so promos, etc then the prices of their phones will be more expensive than importing them from overseas.

Do you also know that Xiaomi also does all this in the other countries they officially operate. like India, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan etc
or do you want to tell me that Xiaomi doesn't pay tax in those countries? or offer after sale services in those countries? or advertise. And even in their own country China they do pay task, advertise and offer after sale services.

Now compare the prices Xiaomi sells it's products in those countries still very very cheap.

Now come to TECNO, Nigeria is TECNO mothers country. TECNO doesn't business in China so TECNO doesn't pay tax to Chinese government.
Even if they pay tax, advertise and offer after sale services in Nigeria, must they get the whole money from a single phone?

So why extorting us, if not for greed?
those things aren't reasons bro.

Oh, one more thing, do u know they newly released mi5 is not cheap? It will cost between 120-130k to get it to Nigeria. That's a quality phone but don't expect peanuts.
Why Mi 5 and every other Xiaomi phone tends to be expensive for example the Redmi Note 3 3GB RAM 32GB ROM you mentioned is that, those people selling it here in Nigeria didn't buy directly from Xiaomi. they bought from a third party reseller who also sell to them to make profit and them now selling here to make their own profit. and still yet Redmi Note 3 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM better helio x10 processor sells very cheap compare to TECNO phantom 5. imagine if those guys buy directly from Xiaomi the way TECNO seller buy directly from TECNO do the maths bro

1 Like

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Nsonaso(m): 11:07am On Mar 05, 2016
mykel20:
Based on which survey/research. Pls back up your claims with facts
I wonder
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by fabulous18(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2016
Nsonaso:
Thank God you know and admit it and not only Xiaomi products. compare LeTV 1s, Bee Touch 3, Elephone Power etc

Do you also know that Xiaomi also does all this in the other countries they officially operate. like India, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan etc
or do you want to tell me that Xiaomi doesn't pay tax in those countries? or offer after sale services in those countries? or advertise. And even in their own country China they do pay task, advertise and offer after sale services.

Now compare the prices Xiaomi sells it's products in those countries still very very cheap.

Now come to TECNO, Nigeria is TECNO mothers country. TECNO doesn't business in China so TECNO doesn't pay tax to Chinese government.
Even if they pay tax, advertise and offer after sale services in Nigeria, must they get the whole money from a single phone?

So why extorting us, if not for greed?
those things aren't reasons bro.

Why Mi 5 and every other Xiaomi phone tends to be expensive for example the Redmi Note 3 3GB RAM 32GB ROM you mentioned is that, those people selling it here in Nigeria didn't buy directly from Xiaomi. they bought from a third party reseller who also sell to them to make profit and them now selling here to make their own profit. and still yet Redmi Note 3 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM better helio x10 processor sells very cheap compare to TECNO phantom 5. imagine if those guys buy directly from Xiaomi the way TECNO seller buy directly from TECNO do the maths bro
humm confarm
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by teelaweee(m): 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2016
greenhulk:

I get ur point. I agree the phantom 5 is too expensive considering it is running mediatek that is not even Helios x10. But no denying the phone has flagship specs and nice build to it. It is on the same per with xioami redmi note 3 and mi 4. Both note 3 and mi 4 are sold for about 65k if u choose the 3gb version, phantom 5 is sold for about 80-90k right now (all thanks to dollar hike, original price was 70k). Still too expensive I know.

But u have to also have one thing in mind. Tecno have shops and offices in Nigeria, they pay tax, pay workers thereby creating employment. They participate in promos, (hey, they even lit up computer village) have customer support, etc. At least tecno gives u aftersales support.. Good luck funding that with xiaomi. Now how do u think they pay for all that? Xioami phones are imported, they don't have shops neither do they pay workers, they don't pay tax, no promos nothing. So u definitely expect their phones to be cheaper here. Trust me if xioami get their company registered in this country and pay all their dues, by the time they have shops,bcostimer care , pay workers, so promos, etc then the prices of their phones will be more expensive than importing them from overseas.

Oh, one more thing, do u know they newly released mi5 is not cheap? It will cost between 120-130k to get it to Nigeria. That's a quality phone but don't expect peanuts.
Guy you are right
Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by Marvell23(m): 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
greenhulk:

This is what people have failed to realise , let those other big players contribute to the economy not only milking Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 by mosjames: 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nsonaso:

Bro don't mind those guys, that's what happens when a company manufacture a failed product that refuse to sell. They will need to pest people even at times point guns at people to buy the product
Hmm, have you bought a phone at gun point?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gionee S6s: Unboxing The Phone Built For The Perfect Selfies / #32,000 - 35,000 Good Phone One Can Buy. / Glo TV Is Free Until 21st September 2021 - A Promising Streaming Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.