Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,093 members, 7,953,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:24 PM

Feminism: The True Colour - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminism: The True Colour (30990 Views)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today? / I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by MrCork: 7:05pm On Mar 15, 2016
postmann:

...As in to your cave. Don't forget to brandish your phone before your fellow Chimpanzees. It's the only reason they crowned you king of the jungle.

grin grin grin

...u juss wastin yor on employ useless time on firstEVA...you aint goono phuck her..truss me!! undecided
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
MrCork:

...u juss wastin yor on employ useless time on firstEVA...you aint goono phuck her..truss me!! undecided

That should be my worry, not yours.

So what's up? Have you squirted on the tree yet?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
postmann:

That should be my worry, not yours.

So what's up? Have you squirted on the tree yet?
buahahahaha
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
buahahahaha

Hey beautiful! Good morning.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

Hey beautiful! Good morning.
good morning smiley
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
good morning smiley

Hey beautiful, good to have you this morning!
cheesy
What's cooking?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

Hey beautiful, good to have you this morning!
cheesy
What's cooking?
nothing much, just chilling, drinking coke, you mind to join?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:16am On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
nothing much, just chilling, drinking coke, you mind to join?

Hehehe! If you can get the one stamp with my name, I'll be your guest.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

Hehehe! If you can get the one stamp with my name, I'll be your guest.
grin

Give me 48 hrs, my time starts now.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
grin

Give me 48 hrs, my time starts now.

Hehehehehehehehehe!
To do what?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

Hehehehehehehehehe!
To do what?
to get the coke crested with postmann
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:38am On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
to get the coke crested with postmann

grin grin grin

If you did, I wouldn't drink it. Like David, I'll pour it on the ground as an offering of gratitude.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

grin grin grin

[b]If you did, I wouldn't drink it. Like David, I'll pour it on the [/b]ground as an offering of gratitude.

wink

I won't be happy if you pour it angry
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:58am On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:

I won't be happy if you pour it angry

But pouring it on the ground in gratitude holds far more significance than drinking it. grin
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

But pouring it on the ground in gratitude holds far more significance than drinking it. grin
haha,

I beg to differ grin
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
haha,

I beg to differ grin

Ok since its all done to appreciate your kind gesture, then I would drink it if that's what you'd appreciate more. And I'll be happy for it. smiley
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

Ok since its all done to appreciate your kind gesture, then I would drink it if that's what you'd appreciate more. And I'll be happy for it. smiley
wink
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
wink

Be careful when you squint those eyes. There seem to be temporal darkness this side of the planet whenever you do.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by OneManLegion(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
I finally deem it fit to comment on this thread. In order to maintain a modicum of civility, I'll ensure I do not resort to vituperatives(hard as it is) and address the points you raised.

1. Before anything, I should tell you that you need to learn to make your points with maximum politeness and restraint. The unprovoked use of controversial words in a write-up makes the writer look incipient and insipient. By the way, Jesus, whom you seem to be a huge fan of, was almost as vocal against using insulting words on a person as he was against vendetta of any form(repaying evil with evil). What this means is that you're "sinning" in the process of speaking out against a "sin".

2. There's nothing wrong with women demanding equal pay at their workplace and there's everything wrong with a place of work where the salary and emoluments accruable to workers are subject to gender loculations. Your point that men do not on maternity leave is feeble. Maternity leave is necessary and just because it is only natural for a woman to get a couple of months off in order to recuperate from the rigours of childbirth as well as to bond with the new-born. Suggesting that in order for women to be placed on the same pedestal with men, salary-wise, they'd have to jettison maternity leave is callous and inequitable.

3. Your diatribe against Lesbian women was also very unnecessary and a deviation from the argument you were propounding. I don't see how homosexuality is concerned with or affected by a topic that centres on feminism; it seems you only wanted to remind us of your hatred for LGBTs; but you seem to forget that in order to sally forth credible arguments, one has to be as detached and objective - a trait, if your posts are anything to go by, you sorely lack.

4. Learn to differentiate Religion from an intellectual discourse. You're making contributions on contemporary issues and you're supporting your points with bible quotations?
Are you aware that Nigeria is a secular state?
Are you aware that morality and religion are not intertwined?

Women, as a matter of fact, have the right to earn as much as their male counterparts as long as their job descriptions entail the same thing or responsibilities.

Cc: Postmann
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hi, favourite one. Where you I get fast help from this antispam trash bot?
@firstEVA
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
OneManLegion:
I finally deem it fit to comment on this thread. In order to maintain a modicum of civility, I'll ensure I do not resort to vituperatives(hard as it is) and address the points you raised.

1. Before anything, I should tell you that you need to learn to make your points with maximum politeness and restraint. The unprovoked use of controversial words in a write-up makes the writer look incipient and insipient. By the way, Jesus, whom you seem to be a huge fan of, was almost as vocal against using insulting words on a person as he was against vendetta of any form(repaying evil with evil). What this means is that you're "sinning" in the process of speaking out against a "sin".

2. There's nothing wrong with women demanding equal pay at their workplace and there's everything wrong with a place of work where the salary and emoluments accruable to workers are subject to gender loculations. Your point that men do not on maternity leave is feeble. Maternity leave is necessary and just because it is only natural for a woman to get a couple of months off in order to recuperate from the rigours of childbirth as well as to bond with the new-born. Suggesting that in order for women to be placed on the same pedestal with men, salary-wise, they'd have to jettison maternity leave is callous and inequitable.

3. Your diatribe against Lesbian women was also very unnecessary and a deviation from the argument you were propounding. I don't see how homosexuality is concerned with or affected by a topic that centres on feminism; it seems you only wanted to remind us of your hatred for LGBTs; but you seem to forget that in order to sally forth credible arguments, one has to be as detached and objective - a trait, if your posts are anything to go by, you sorely lack.

4. Learn to differentiate Religion from an intellectual discourse. You're making contributions on contemporary issues and you're supporting your points with bible quotations?
Are you aware that Nigeria is a secular state?
Are you aware that morality and religion are not intertwined?

Women, as a matter of fact, have the right to earn as much as their male counterparts as long as their job descriptions entail the same thing or responsibilities.

Cc: Postmann

Some of your points are valid. Esp on the character of J.E.SU.S. But sometimes you call a dog by its name. JE.S.U.S did that.

Though It is strange your comment is only coming now after your being here plenty of times over many days.

I reckon this handle is an alternate. I would like to know your major or original handle and why the veil with this one. I can't shake off the feeling that MOST alternates are creepy and phoney.

A genuine alternate should freely and readily link his past moniker to the new one.

While I wait for your real moniker, I'll like to tell you that Nigeria is indeed a secular state but there is freedom of expression and religion.

And yes, when I knew no better, I separated intellectual discourse from religion, but not anymore.

I reckon the bible fits in perfectly for almost every purpose. It is way ahead of human intelligence and it answers all question beyond reasonable reproach.

The belief of man that religion should be separated from intellectual discourse is as a result of man's pride and godlessness. And that's exactly what is wrong with the world. Man tries to use education to replace religion. It didn't work and it never will.

Do you know far back in the old days, it was highly religious men that knew how to write and has deep knowledge about life, science and GOD?

But when satan hijacked education, he tried to separate education from GOD. This has not always been the case from the onset.

So yes, while I always retain caution in making religious attributes to intellectual discourse, it will never be stopped altogether. It was all done on purpose.

To your point on equal pay; I wonder how many times I'm going to say this!!!

I'm not going to tell you where I work but, when you study our pay slip, you discover that you're been paid on hourly basis, even down to the bonus and entitlement. And it's not a government establishment. And that's global practice, even in America!

If a woman takes a maternity leave, who does her work, all the months she'll be away?
If it is a staff within, will he or she be paid for the extra work and overtime spent? Yes he or she should.
From what purse? Should the company pay extra or from what ought to be the bonus of the woman who's on maternity leave?

Now for private, profit oriented firms, they know the cost ratio of male/female worker. They know that at certain period of time, a female worker will be off duty, whether for maternal reason or whatever is immaterial. What's important is there is job to be done and it's affecting profit.

So some private firms in the West don't pay men and women the same. It is pure logic, sentiments aside.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:
Hi, favourite one. Where you I get fast help from this antispam trash bot?
@firstEVA
were you banned in a session?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
were you banned in a session?
i'm jst seeing your msg. no mention notification. it was in the romance session. but its been undone.
where have you been?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by blueAgent(m): 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
effects of Feminism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

i'm jst seeing your msg. no mention notification.
it was in the romance session. but its been undone.

where have you been?
in my house. Sorry I have been offline for sometime
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
blueAgent:
effects of Feminism
so funny

1 Like

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
in my house. Sorry I have been offline for sometime

did you see a nasty thread written by one asslic.ker?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
postmann:

did you see a nasty thread written by one asslic.ker?
I am there right now, lez drew my attention to it. I suspect that child, darkened baboon
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
firstEVA:
I am there right now, lez drew my attention to it. I suspect that child, darkened baboon

Kid on rampage

1 Like

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
blueAgent:
effects of Feminism
grin
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
Postmann embarassed
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
firstEVA:
Postmann embarassed

You forgot about me all day.
No hi, no good morning, no nothing.

I thought our battery was original
Didn't know it was Chinese.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Rape and its causes / Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.