Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,474 members, 7,830,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks (17853 Views)

4 SARS Officers Arrested For Kidnapping, Extorting N7 Million From Bishop(pics) / ATM Camera Exposes Guy Who Stole ATM Card And Withdrew Money At Fidelity Bank / How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by chacoonder(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
priceaction:

Actually he was not killed. This thread is false information. He was extradited to America and was given 15 yr jail term this year. He is currently serving the jail term. Those last pics are Photoshop.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36101078

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/hacker-hamza-bendelladj-sentenced-15-years-160422104149553.html
Good one...I'm happy for them.
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by chacoonder(m): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
Analogy:

You are right, I hope he hacks into your bank account one day and takes all your hard earned money and your family savings and donates it to people in Africa. Does not matter if you would not have your own money to feed your own family members, pay mortgage, children education, medical bills.
So dumb....most commercial banks are insured!!! angry .

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by deniguy01(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
gunpoint:

Cos he is a thief.
You fail to grasp that $400m was deposited by other people abi?
That was someone's salary, someone's savings, someone's intended mortgage down payment or funds for college for a child.
And when you are talking $400m, that's an awful lot of someones.
Cos you see, the easiest way to access banking funds is not by hacking a bank(thats near impossible by the way, as if you did hack a bank, even one single Nigerian bank would net you $400m and more), its by individual identity theft!!! Target thousands of individuals across many banks. This is happening already.
Seeing he is been held here in Thailand, he also targeted countries were the banks might not refund the depositor and even if they did, bankers are human beings too, many people would have lost their livelihoods over this scum.
So you see, he is not a martyr, he is not a guru, he is not a hero, he is no better than a gun wielding robber on a dark night.
Instead he is worse, because what he has done affects thousands of lives, just as i am almost certain his donations to the middle east landed in militant coffers to fund terrorism.
That is probably what the death sentence is for.

fool.. na today I know say u b fool.. chicken brain..to hack such a thing takes a lot of intelligence.. if did guy work for CIA ..do u think hacking won't be easy and criminals won't be easily get caught

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Work1234: 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
First of all nairaland stop passing wrong informations this is very very mad the money he stole was 280million USD from about 214-217 banks his crimes are against the United States and not Thailand nor Bangkok he was charged with fine of about 14million USD or face 65 years behind bars he wasn't killed he is still alive and he didn't donate all the money to Pakistan charity he donated most of the money so I don't think paying his fine would be a problem and about the others that
Paid in there money to the bank it's not there loose government and insurance got that covered get your facts right don't just make up stories nairaland
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Work1234: 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
deniguy01:

fool.. na today I know say u b fool.. chicken brain..to hack such a thing takes a lot of intelligence.. if did guy work for CIA ..do u think hacking won't be easy and criminals won't be easily get caught

You need to know and understand the types of gurus in CIA a 14 year old that could hack NASA is in usa this boy small compared to some hackers but he's a pretty impressive hacker although his faith is unknown to any one but he was sentenced to death he was charged fines those pictures are just picture work and usa won't let him off that easily and they don't kill for computer or fraud offences

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Caught After Stealing N22,000 From A Nursing Mother In Abuja (photos) / Rev Ajiboye Kadmiel Jailed 10 Years For Swindling 40 Persons Of N5.9m / Court Remands 23-Year-Old Man in Prison For Stealing Biscuits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.