Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks (17789 Views)

4 SARS Officers Arrested For Kidnapping, Extorting N7 Million From Bishop(pics) / ATM Camera Exposes Guy Who Stole ATM Card And Withdrew Money At Fidelity Bank / How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by uptimum123(m): 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
Saw this and thought i should share it.

This is Hamza Bendelladj, Algerian and a Computer science graduate,one of the most dangerous hackers in the world.

He withdrew more than $400 million from 217 banks and gave to charities in Africa and Palestine.

Authorities in Thailand arrested him on their soil and after rejecting a deal with the government on how he did the hacking,he stated
"Money and power are nothing if they are not used to build a better world" RIP the Guru,in your next world you will be an Angel.

2 Shares

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Luckylife(m): 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
Really
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
He shouldn't have been killed. It takes someone of high intelligence to hack such amount. There are other ways he could be punished while the government taps from his experience. Such is life.

2 Likes

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by BashMe1(m): 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
I trust America, dat guy is an asset bur islamic states can be dumb at tyms. smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by SweetOlive(f): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
RIP kiss
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by gunpoint(m): 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
BashMe1:
I trust America, dat guy is an asset bur islamic states can be dumb at tyms. smh
Thailand isn't an Islamic state.
Wikipedia is good for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by psucc(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
What a waste!!
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by chacoonder(m): 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
A genuine Martyr...sleep on
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by amdoyin82(m): 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2016
Why wud they kill such a guru?

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by amdoyin82(m): 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hmmmm! The guy is really a don... He was even smiling at death.
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by fulfillbill(m): 11:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
amdoyin82:
Hmmmm! The guy is really a don... He was even smiling at death.

He's made his mark...

Thats the smile of fulfillment.

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by gunpoint(m): 11:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
amdoyin82:
Why wud they kill such a guru?
fulfillbill:

He's made his mark...
Thats the smile of fulfillment.
chacoonder:

Cos he is a thief.
You fail to grasp that $400m was deposited by other people abi?
That was someone's salary, someone's savings, someone's intended mortgage down payment or funds for college for a child.
And when you are talking $400m, that's an awful lot of someones.
Cos you see, the easiest way to access banking funds is not by hacking a bank(thats near impossible by the way, as if you did hack a bank, even one single Nigerian bank would net you $400m and more), its by individual identity theft!!! Target thousands of individuals across many banks. This is happening already.
Seeing he is been held here in Thailand, he also targeted countries were the banks might not refund the depositor and even if they did, bankers are human beings too, many people would have lost their livelihoods over this scum.
So you see, he is not a martyr, he is not a guru, he is not a hero, he is no better than a gun wielding robber on a dark night.
Instead he is worse, because what he has done affects thousands of lives, just as i am almost certain his donations to the middle east landed in militant coffers to fund terrorism.
That is probably what the death sentence is for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by fulfillbill(m): 12:16am On Mar 05, 2016
gunpoint:

Cos he is a thief.
That was someone's salary, someone's savings, someone's intended mortgage down payment or funds for college for a child.
Cos you see, the easiest way to access banking funds is not by hacking a bank(thats near impossible by the way, as if you did hack a bank, even one single Nigerian bank would net you $400m and more), its by individual identity theft!!! Target thousands of individuals across many banks. This is happening already.
Seeing he is been held here in Thailand, he also targeted countries were the banks might not refund the depositor and even if they did, bankers are human beings too, many people would have lost their livelihoods over this scum.
So you see, he is not a martyr, he is not a guru, he is not a hero, he is no better than a gun wielding robber on a dark night.
Instead he is worse, because what he has done affects thousands of lives, just as i am almost certain his donations to the middle east landed in militant coffers to fund terrorism.

You are right we should call bad, bad...i was just sharing in his sense of accomplishment...not all hackers are smart and lucky enough to gain

access into bank e-vaults, he did.
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by uptimum123(m): 8:09am On Mar 05, 2016
gunpoint:

Cos he is a thief.

As much as i would want to admit he committed a crime, inside of me he is still a hero..

Imagine you being a hacker with such talent and you see the world suffering,yet many individuals stashed millions of dollars into their accounts everyday,millions of dollars meant for the citizens, so you then decide to hack into Sarakis, Dasukis, Alison, Mettu , Akpobolokemi and other accounts and withdrew such funds all together for charity ...you think I won't celebrate you?.. You think Nigerians won't call you their hero

7 Likes

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by chacoonder(m): 8:14am On Mar 05, 2016
gunpoint:

Cos he is a thief.
Did you read his final speech?..No, I guess.I believe if you had read it, you would have understood why I called him a martyr.

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Flexherbal(m): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2016
Are they arresting him or they are taking selfie with him?
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by win3k: 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
US or Zimbabwean dollars?
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Amberon11: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
He isn't the same person that was hanged.

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by UdBerg(m): 2:05am On Jun 05, 2016
SweetOlive:
RIP kiss

He wasn't killed. Got sentenced for 15 years after rejecting the government's offer of how he pulled the hack.

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Analogy: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2016
chacoonder:
Did you read his final speech?..No, I guess.I believe if you had read it, you would have understood why I called him a martyr.

You are right, I hope he hacks into your bank account one day and takes all your hard earned money and your family savings and donates it to people in Africa. Does not matter if you would not have your own money to feed your own family members, pay mortgage, children education, medical bills.

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Analogy: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2016
uptimum123:

As much as i would want to admit he committed a crime, inside of me he is still a hero..

Imagine you being a hacker with such talent and you see the world suffering,yet many individuals stashed millions of dollars into their accounts everyday,millions of dollars meant for the citizens, so you then decide to hack into Sarakis, Dasukis, Alison, Mettu , Akpobolokemi and other accounts and withdrew such funds all together for charity ...you think I won't celebrate you?.. You think Nigerians won't call you their hero

You are right, he is a hero I hope he hacks into your bank account one day and takes all your hard earned money and your family savings and donates it to people in Africa. Does not matter if you would not have your own money to feed your own family members, pay mortgage, children education, medical bills. I am sure you will not complain smiley

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by sollybaby(f): 10:33am On Dec 12, 2016
Rest in peace
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by ehinmowo: 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Through it all, I love his smile!!! (nt a crime supporter though)
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
BashMe1:
Actually he was not killed. This thread is false information. He was extradited to America and was given 15 yr jail term this year. He is currently serving the jail term. Those last pics are Photoshop.
chacoonder:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36101078

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/hacker-hamza-bendelladj-sentenced-15-years-160422104149553.html
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Kingbuhari(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
how i wised this guy will hack and factory reset Dullard Buhari rotten medulla oblongata
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Dvibs: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
gunpoint:

Thailand isn't an Islamic state.
Wikipedia is good for you
Mr corrector. He didnt say Thailand, dont quote him wrong. Besides, Algeria is a konk islamic state.
The entire browser will be good for you.
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
it's not the same men in the last pic , Hamza Bendelladj got 15 years jail for its hacking

in the last pic its Majid Kavousifar an iranian who with his nephew (Hossein Kavousifar) killed judge Masoud Ahmadi Moghaddasi in August 2005. and were hanged in public in August 2007 in a Tehran square

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by Moreoffaith(m): 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
You sure
Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by MurderX: 7:26am On Dec 14, 2016
Its a hoax, this guy was only sentenced to 15yrs in US prison. The guy that was hanged is a different person that killed a judge.

1 Like

Re: The Algerian Hacker that Withdrew More Than $400 Million From 217 Banks by gunpoint(m): 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
uptimum123:
Saw this and thought i should share it.
This is Hamza Bendelladj, Algerian and a Computer science graduate,one of the most dangerous hackers in the world.
He withdrew more than $400 million from 217 banks and gave to charities in Africa and Palestine.
Authorities in Thailand arrested him on their soil and after rejecting a deal with the government on how he did the hacking,he stated
"Money and power are nothing if they are not used to build a better world" RIP the Guru,in your next world you will be an Angel.
Dvibs:

Mr corrector. He didnt say Thailand, dont quote him wrong. Besides, Algeria is a konk islamic state.
The entire browser will be good for you.
Hacker from Algeria
Caught in Thailand
Next time clean your glasses before responding
Drops mic

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Soldiers, Civilians Killed In Kaduna By Suspected Bandits / Court Sentences Two Internet Fraudsters To Three Months Jail (Photos) / Norah Okafor Sues EFCC, Demands N20m Compensation Over Home Invasion [pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.