Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

I Never Said I Won’t Run For Second Term - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said I Won’t Run For Second Term - Amaechi (644 Views)

I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Never Said I Won’t Run For Second Term - Amaechi by blacksta(m): 6:38am On Jul 16, 2009
Rivers State governor, Honourable Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, has come out to clarify his stance on whether he is running for second term or not, and says he didn’t say he won’t run for second term.

On Wednesday, some newspapers reported that Governor Amaechi, at a stakeholders’ forum in Port Harcourt on Tuesday, said that he would not contest for the governorship position in 2011. The newspaper reports went further to say that the governor urged the people of the state not to vote for him in the 2011 governorship election if he decided to seek re-election.

But in a swift reaction, Governor Amaechi said his comments were being distorted and taken out of context, thereby, presenting a wrong position to the public. Speaking through his Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. David Iyofor, Governor Amaechi clarified his comments on second term.

Iyofor stated that, “Governor Amaechi’s position on second term has always been that he’s presently working on transforming the state and delivering develop-ment, economic pros-perity and modern working infrastructure to Rivers people. Second term is not an issue for him now, it is not on the cards for him now and his only interest for now is to develop and build a new state every Rivers person will be proud of, and not any interest in second term.”

On the governor’s comments on Tuesday that led to the newspaper reports, Iyofor said that his boss was quoted of context which obviously led to an inaccurate interpretation and presentation of what he said.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/16072009/news/news7.html
Re: I Never Said I Won’t Run For Second Term - Amaechi by blacksta(m): 6:51am On Jul 16, 2009
The First report stated " Amaechi was going back to Academics and would not run for a second term." Which i doubt - political posts in Nigeria is just too sweet and irresistible.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Isreal Stealing Gaza's Natural Gas / Is It Right To Address Our Thieving Politicians As "honourable", "excellency": ? / Governor’s Convoy Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.