Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) (12799 Views)

Mbaise Woman's Husband Was Given N800k Marriage List 10 Years Ago / Disadvantages Of A Man 10 Years Older Than The Wife / Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by bukatyne(f): 8:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
Siena:

I'll respond regardless.

My wife is 8 years younger than me. Others may see the gap as too large, but it works great for us. cool

Just 8?

Thought she was younger.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
bukatyne:

Just 8?

Thought she was younger.

I'll take that as a compliment on my wife's behalf. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by ahnie: 9:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
My husband z 20years older dan me....and i lov it that way.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Acidosis(m): 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
bukatyne:

In theory yes,
In practical not so straightforward
Hmm, maybe
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Mattin(m): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
kashamyanat:
Oh my God, I luv this trend. You are very right my dear. My hubby is 12yrs older and I always get away with alot of things.The Sweetest of all is that he has a very wonderful structure that makes him look much more younger than his age. Being an only child to his parent he does not just treat me like a wife he treats me like his favourite kid sister and if not for our kids, alot of people think we are siblings.So for me the age gap is PERFECT.

Well said @kashamyanat, stick to what works for you. Marriage is to be enjoyed and not endured. If marrying someone younger than you or you are younger than the person or short or long age difference, what matters is; marry someone you will be happy and fulfilled with.
Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Mattin(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
Acidosis:

Some ladies do that so they can get away with certain attitudes and actions.

It is easier for a girl of 22 married to a man of 40 to cheat, than for couples of same age group to cheat on each other.

Older men generally care less about certain ill behaviours. The older men gets, the less time they have to spearhead and 'monitor' their spouses. More so, older men have high chances to forgive a cheating spouse than the younger ones.

Conduct a poll and ask ladies why they prefer older men, you'd understand that their reasons revolve around the behaviors they can get a way with. It's never about the man or how to make the man happy, it is always about them, selfish interest, and things they can freely do without anyone showing any concern, one of which is cheating, maintaining contacts with ex boyfriends of same age group, etc.

As for me, if I don't meet a lady of my age group (+/- 4 years), then I'd stay single. I don't see myself marrying an undergraduate or a lady 10-15 years younger.

Whether you marry a lady of the same age group or marry a lady who is far younger than you, whoever will indulge promiscuity will always indulge in it. There are lot of ladies out there who marry their age group yet they get involved in cheating etc. Don't judge it from a 'made up mind' perspective. Every marriages has one shortcoming or the other.
Bottom line is to stick to what works for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by realtalk19: 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
my first boyfriend was ten years older than me.till date av neva loved any other man as much as i loved him. but we didnt end up together.i av come to realise that we were better off as best friends than lovers nd despite married he is stil fond of me.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Mattin(m): 2:02am On Oct 05, 2016
More opinions on this matter guys.
How well do you think it will work for you marrying a lady 10-12 younger than you or marrying a man 10-12 older than you?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by placeofallure(f): 4:56am On Oct 05, 2016
My husband is 12 years older and like some people opined on this thread, I get away with a lot of things. In fact he Pampers me, I actually think he over indulges me at times. He looks younger probably because he is slim and tall, no pot bellies, and I look older maybe because I am chubby. Nobody would see that 12 year gap, and even if they did see it, I just like it!

@ OP, trivial things like this do not determine the success or otherwise of a marriage or relationship. So it's still down to Whatever rocks your boat!

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 05, 2016
The older, the better.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Titilayooni(f): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
A big YES
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by BrainBoulevard: 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
Titilayooni:
A big YES
Hello,I sent u a mail.could you please reply?
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by sisisioge: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
Yeeeeeeeeee! Yes to this one! Although 10yrs sounds like I'm rolling with my ancestor grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by automatix: 9:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
bukatyne:

No.........Old guys irritate me
Una never jam. I look so young than my peers.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Titilayooni(f): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
BrainBoulevard:
Hello,I sent u a mail.could you please reply?
I just replied..check your mail
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by queenDD(f): 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
Women age faster than Men..10years is okay if he respects my opinion and doesn't look at me as a child considering the age difference.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Titilayooni(f): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mattin:
I came across the pics and wanna hear opinions of our Naija ladies.
This is becoming a trend nowadays even in marriage. Can you date or marry a guy as old as 10-12 years older than you?
Over to you ladies...
yes I can,as a matter of fact...I love it,he would be more matured with me and I will still be attractive to him no matter what.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Mattin(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Titilayooni:
yes I can,as a matter of fact...I love it,he would be more matured with me and I will still be attractive to him no matter what.

Great opinion you've got there lady.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Titilayooni(f): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mattin:

Great opinion you've got there lady.
Thank you sire
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Uniquexty(f): 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
God please bless me with an Older man.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Doctorfitz: 3:27am On Oct 26, 2016
Yes,y nt
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2016
People dey marry 15years old. 10years is a small thing
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
Its always cool.....my fiancee is 10 years older than I am and we've been in a relationship for six years now.
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Mattin(m): 9:20pm On May 03, 2017
Our love life should be run on love and respect for both parties no matter the age, race, background differences etc
Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by bigcp(m): 10:52pm On May 03, 2017
10-12 yrs isn't much naaa...lets say ..a 35yrs guy dating a 25 yrs girl...is there anything wrong in that?..were u especting d ladies to date guys 2 to 3 yrs older...i think 10 yrs difference is cool...besides ladies age quickly these days compared to there counterparts(male)...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by Gluthatione: 12:16am On May 04, 2017
There is nothing wrong with it oo, my mum is 15 years younger than my dad and she is even late now, while my dad is still doing very fine. that's irony of life.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) by bluefilm: 12:38am On Nov 14, 2022
ahnie:
My husband z 20years older dan me....and i lov it that way.

Why do you say that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Hates And Starves Her Stepchildren / As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? / It's My Son's Birthday Today 19th JUL 2016..Happy Birthday Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.